IT.COM

Buy .com to sell to .net owner?

NameSilo
Watch

horusprim

Established Member
Impact
There is an intrinsically valuable .com in a reserve auction. The reserve is at least 4 figures. I wanted to buy the domain for myself to hold or develop. However, I believe it is unlikely I will get the domain since it will probably be bid higher than what I can pay.

The .net version of this domain name is owned by a 23 year old, multi state, company in a niche related to the finance industry.

I thought about Fedexing the CEO of the .net domain company a proposal about selling them the .com version of their domain. Several post like this one: "www. namepros.com/ threads/ success-rate-of-selling-com-to-net-owners. 09224/" have discouraged me. It seems getting people to buy the .com version of their domain is hit or miss.

What would be the best strategy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is an intrinsically valuable .com in a reserve auction. The reserve is at least 4 figures. I wanted to buy the domain for myself to hold or develop. However, I believe it is unlikely I will get the domain since it will probably be bid higher than what I can pay.

The .net version of this domain name is owned by a 23 year old, multi state, company in a niche related to the finance industry.

I thought about Fedexing the CEO of the .net domain company a proposal about selling them the .com version of their domain. Several post like this one: "www. namepros.com/ threads/ success-rate-of-selling-com-to-net-owners. 09224/" have discouraged me. It seems getting people to buy the .com version of their domain is hit or miss.

What would be the best strategy?
Since the domain has a reserve then the domain is owned by a domainer so if this is true then the chances are even greater that this particular domain has already been shopped to this potential buyer. Just my opinion.

•••
Indeed this is hit or miss. Every CEO or Marketing Director who understands the value of .com AND has a proper budget, will snap the name in a blink. Whoever doesn't understand, you can not educate them.

•••
Indeed, it is hit or miss.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back