IT.COM

Buy a Ultimate Hosting in GoDaddy: Is it Worth?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am new to domaining and I've been studying a lot these days.

I have read many posts on this forum and still have a doubt.

Is it worth to buy a ultimate hosting plan from Godaddy, that come with a ton of features and allow you to host a huge number of domains in it.
It all for US$ 7.90/mo (3 year plan).

Or It is better to use parking services like noomle or whypark to develop your minisites and get trafic and monetize them?

Could you help me with this decision?

Thank you ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have no idea about the Ultimate Hosting Plan of GD. But definitely, I would advise you to go for minisites rather than for a solution loike WhyPark. I used to be a WhyPark enthusiast, but revenue has just become extremely low, and I would no longer advise to go for it - I am removing most of my domains from them.

So yes, if you have time to develop domains with minisites, and can buy hosting for a huge number of domains at a reasonable price (and hopefully acceptable uptime and bandwidht!), yes, go for it.

•••
Some of my web design clients use Godaddy for their hosting. Horrible set up, hard to manage a site, the entire admin backend is weird and not user-friendly. I wouldn't think of any hosting that's not providing me cPanel.

•••
Some of my web design clients use Godaddy for their hosting. Horrible set up, hard to manage a site, the entire admin backend is weird and not user-friendly. I wouldn't think of any hosting that's not providing me cPanel.

I recognize you as the owner of wtricks? Edit just saw your signature :D I've always loved the design of your website/forum.

Anyway I completely agree with you. Godaddy's whole setup is pretty poor. I've had a worse experience with local web hosting companies though. Many seem to be using custom control panels or very old versions of cPanel :(

Jack

•••
I love GD for domains but not hosting..

•••
zomex, thank you for your kind words ;)

Can't say I like GD for registrar either, but as hosting is concerned, not having a cpanel for me it's hard to accept. I got so accustomed to the system, i dislike working with other panels. All my clients get cpanel from my hosting plan too, so they're finding it easier to manage their sites

•••
I love GD for domains but not hosting..

I wonder what you love about GD wrt domains?
Expensive, a 100 screens before you can register and a slow interface??

I'm using GD hosting for windows to basically test my code, and the interface is a bit confusing. Wouldn't know the bandwidth as its not in a prod environment.

•••
Absolutely no for Godaddy hosting. they do overselling a lot. messy servers. would highly recommend supurb hosting, sharkspace, innohosting, media template. they are very good from my 5 yrs experience.

•••
Thank you everyone for the comments. I will consider the ones recommended by topup!

Another doubts

1) I see that there is a lot of minisites from this forum´s users hosted/parked with "minisite". Is it good? I saw its homepage and considered the prices too high...

2) And how about hostgator? Does it worth?

Thank you again ;)

Last edited:
•••
hostgator is great.
But I'm currently with hawkhost for prod

They have superb service and i think they have their first year at $19 (50% off)for a shared / basic account with unlimited domains hosted and space.

they and almost all other worthwhile hosting providers have their listings and offers up at webhostingtalk dot com

do have a look there before you make your mind.

•••
They can be good for domain registrations, not sure about their hosting services.

Every business has different requirements for their website and that's why we discuss topics like mySQL, PHP, ASP, .NET, Ecommerce, Dedicated, Shared and VPS solutions.

There are many web hosts available in the market for your consideration.

•••
:D

Hostgator, godaddy all are same. they do a lot oversell. they are big companies but you wont get quality.

among the big companies i think Dreamhost is good. but no cpanel. they have there own panel.

Hawkhost is good. i know that. and yah always check out webhostingtalk dot com forum to clear your doubt. just search for a company review. and people give there real review not like paid review, people do care a lot in there.

•••
I would strongly recommend against GoDaddy for webhosting.

There are many others out there. Hostgator, Blue Host, Lunar Pages, and others that are WAY better than GoDaddy.

•••
Don't do GD hosting.... You'll regret it. I host their $4 month plan....MONTH TO MONTH. I only use a FTP client and upload for things I need to tweak. Their CP is horrible as already mentioned.

Another idea to look at is Weebly.com. It's a WYSIWYG and I throw a bunch up on that site. It's free to use or you can get the Pro plan for like $5 month (6 month at a time). It's worth the price. If you find you're interested in Weebly Pro let me know and we'll both get a free month for the referral.

GD is GREAT for their domains as I have 99% of my folio with them. Just don't do GD hosting!
Have a great day!

•••
I'd recommend that you search google for reviews of GoDaddy's hosting service - many find it to be unsatisfactory

•••
Following your advice, I took a look at webhostingtalk forum. I did some research and decided to use hawkhost for my first hosting experience.

Thank you all for the valuable advices ;)

•••
Great!! Cheers for Hawkhost :) and do follow them on twitter. they will help you in there as well.

•••
Hostgator, godaddy all are same. they do a lot oversell. they are big companies but you wont get quality.

In my experience, they're not all the same, even though they may be seemingly overselling similarly. Godaddy is definitely among the worst choices for hosting IMHO, and they've been getting quite a bit worse in the recent months.

I did some research and decided to use hawkhost for my first hosting experience.

I'm sure you'll have a pleasant experience with them based on all the positive reviews I've read about them over time.

•••
I don't suggest GD hosting or any other hosting because you are not going to build mini-sites because this is a too tedious job and even if you build them you are not going get any traffic and you won't make money and you will be upset and bored pretty soon. I also don't suggest parking because you will not make more money than 0.01 USD and again you will feel like giving up very soon.

IMO, the best route to start domaining nowadays is to buy high quality and few domains to resell them. The correct place to buy is expired domain auctions. The correct place to sell is sedo.com. It takes a lot of research. I'm spending hours every day checking expired domain lists. It is hard work.

•••
As far as my experience is concerned, Godaddy's interface is not user-friendly. If someone is new to hosting or hosting providers he would never be able to coupe with godaddy's interface.

•••
I am new to domaining and I've been studying a lot these days.

I have read many posts on this forum and still have a doubt.

Is it worth to buy a ultimate hosting plan from Godaddy, that come with a ton of features and allow you to host a huge number of domains in it.
It all for US$ 7.90/mo (3 year plan).

Or It is better to use parking services like noomle or whypark to develop your minisites and get trafic and monetize them?

Could you help me with this decision?

Thank you ;)

Based on the reviews I have seen about them I do not recommend them at all.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back