Dynadot

.com Bulloney Name Sale.....2K or 3.5M?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
The name AcSel that Bulloney created in 1983 for a medical billing company he started in 1977 is still trading today using the domain AcSel(.)org. The original name for the company was "Accounts Receivable Management Corporation" and Bulloney now t/a ThatNameGuy™ paid $2,000 to the ad agency that was hired to come up with a new name for the company:xf.rolleyes:

Fast forward to 2016 and Acsel(.)org was sold for 3.5M. The only question is whether the name Acsel like LasVegas(.)com that sold for 90M, is a 2K name or a 3.5M name?

For those critics who have a hard time believing, I'd recommend you visit AcSel(.)org then check out Bulloney's Linkedin bio to see when, and by who the name AcSel was created.

For more details or clarification, feel free to send a PM or see ThatNameGuy™ in nCredible Vegas the end of this month.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I absolutely love his DomainGourmet.com in his sig.

My brain just goes to overdrive with ideas how to market that as a domaining site.

The site would look like a food blog but the dishes would be filled with domain names.
Order from the menu, we have budget wines or vintages, what do you prefer.

Even as a blog talking about domains and set up like a food critic it makes sense. So many ways to market that domain, the only thing I can criticize about that domain is that I did not think of it first.

https://www.trademarkia.com/trademarks-search.aspx?tn=DomainGourmet

•••
•••
No trademark..... hmmm :xf.laugh:

That means DomainGourmet. biz is mine for the taking :ROFL:

So is DomainGourmet .CA:xf.wink:

You may want to check with Legal Zoom...they're pretty good and cheap too

•••
•••
Actually I haven't owned the company for over 20 years, however I did start it and I did create it's name. As for the "extension", I didn't register that either, and I most likely wouldn't have. My point had a lot to do with the domain LasVegas .com selling for 90M, and it had little to do with the name, but everything to do with the business. At least I created the name AcSel, but Las Vegas has been around for a couple hundred years:xf.wink:
At least you gave me credit for coming up with a "mediocre" name and not a crappy name. Thanks

Thanks for the explanation! By the way, I ment no offense by calling it mediocre but I'd for sure slap around my marketing guy if he'd try to sell me that. It has some nice ring to it but that's about it.

On subject, acsel is still around. And that's great. But it probably has nothing to do with the brand or domain. As long as you deliver great products and services that set yourself apart from the competition you can call yourself whatever you want, be on whatever domain you want and it'll work if you're committed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back