Dynadot

domains Bull.xyz SOLD for $199,888 @Dan RECORD SALE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Digital Nomad

Top Member
Impact
Bull.xyz sold for $199,888 at Dan.com by @DNGear
Swetha keeps raising the bar of .XYZ domains, she's the queen herself, congrats!

BTW this seems to be the highest sale ever reported for a .xyz domain, crushing her own previous record of sino.xyz which sold for $119,911 on the 14th of October 2022. Bull.xyz was bought for only $109 in 2015 at NameJet.com, that's a huge ROI. Edit: It seems someone else bought it in 2015, and Swetha owned it since 2020. See screenshots below for reference.

xyztop10.png

previousbull.png

Source: NameBio.com

whoxybull.png

Source: Whoxy.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also me scratching my head 🤪
LLL xyz nothing ?
I notice one or two ( Pen .xyz ) but the rest?
& Not talk about random , without any meaning , talk about keywords , abbreviations etc..

So still scratching my head 😜 ( how i can sell )
You don't have the "scratch power" Dot.....it's all about the HYPE :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Yes. The only way to replicate her success would be to risk hundreds of thousands of dollars on another extension. But xyz have been a bit dumb haven't they, by letting one person buy up hundreds of thousands of keywords for pennies... So other extensions will not be doing the same thing.

There is no genius here... On either side... But a lot of luck. We've said this before, it's not a bad thing at all but being realistic about the success is important.
Luck is my having made TWO "hole in ones" on the same hole within 10 months of each other, especially being a 20 handicap golfer. With regards to Swetha and .xyz, it's not luck regardless of whether she did this on her own, or someone else is investing and creating all the HYPE (note hype and luck are entirely different). Seriously, .xyz is no better than most of the new TLD's we're all familiar with, and it's not an anomaly :xf.rolleyes:

•••
You don't have the "scratch power" Dot.....it's all about the HYPE :xf.rolleyes:

I put them on Squadhelp ( landpage/ NS ) & after made some advertising on Twitter
One of , eni , 10 cliks on link
If i will not die 🤷 maybe i have luck & sell at least one of 6 i have all Premium by registry .XYZ & all renewed until 2025 ( with intention to renew until 2030 )
Another of them , wot , who before i have set NS for Afternic notice get a 'special' attention from Godaddy site on search box but the rest of 5 nope ...hmmmm...strange 🤔

Last edited:
•••
Luck is my having made TWO "hole in ones" on the same hole within 10 months of each other, especially being a 20 handicap golfer. With regards to Swetha and .xyz, it's not luck regardless of whether she did this on her own, or someone else is investing and creating all the HYPE (note hype and luck are entirely different). Seriously, .xyz is no better than most of the new TLD's we're all familiar with, and it's not an anomaly :xf.rolleyes:
So it wasn't lucky to have bought all of them up and then start selling them for hundreds of thousands. No luck involved at all? None? Zero? Zilch? Nada?

With all due respect to her the hype came years after and it wasn't her doing. She bought up lots of them, dropped them because they weren't selling and then bought a load up again and then out of the blue started being used by a few crypto nerds etc.

Again it's a conversation where there is an assumption that I'm speaking I'm absolute terms. I'm not saying she has been lucky ONLY and that's a bad thing, it's not. But the amount of luck required in this case for her not to just have wasted her money buying up the thousands of names a second time is a miracle quite frankly.

Last edited:
•••
So it wasn't lucky to have bought all of them up and then start selling them for hundreds of thousands. No luck involved at all? None? Zero? Zilch? Nada?

With all due respect to her the hype came years after and it wasn't her doing. She bought up lots of them, dropped them because they weren't selling and then bought a load up again and then out of the blue started being used by a few crypto nerds etc.

Again it's a conversation where there is an assumption that I'm speaking I'm absolute terms. I'm not saying she has been lucky ONLY and that's a bad thing, it's not. But the amount of luck required in this case for her not to just have wasted her money buying up the thousands of names a second time is a miracle quite frankly.
How things begin is always a good question.

But quite honestly, I saw a poll somewhere on this forum from the year 2019,
and it was asked:
Which will be the next hyped TLD.

Answer possiblities had been .cc, .gg, .xyz and another one I cannot remember.

Most users voted for .cc!

.xyz was on 2nd rank.

So, this is how users on this forum can be wrong... as .xyz is clearly the hyped one.

But that poll indicates, that there had been already that questioning about "next hyped" tld in 2019, and .xyz was on the list.

Out of my own feeling, when I compare .io, .cc and quite a few other tlds,
.xyz looks also best to my eye.

Don't ask me why - I dunno.

Maybe because it is at the end of the alphabet? Saying like, this is (or will be) the last top one (?)

However, this is a personal opinion.

As I just domained a little bit some years back, and began again last year,
all that questioning which tld might be the (a) next hyped one, went pass me.

But I am quite confident that I most likely would have bought some nice .xyz domains,
just like I hold now some (not many) good .cc domains.

Greets

Last edited:
•••
Does someone know what was the traffic for this domain or others which sold high?

•••
Does someone know what was the traffic for this domain or others which sold high?
In general these are not domains that are sold for current traffic, they are sold to people that have a project in mind

•••
In general these are not domains that are sold for current traffic, they are sold to people that have a project in mind
You're right.....no one in their right mind would pay 199K for Bull.xyz unless they had a project in mind (and a damn good one), or it's a front for some sort of money laundering. I use to do some specialty work for Wells Fargo and i can assure you that money laundering is a BIG DEAL.

•••
You're right.....no one in their right mind would pay 199K for Bull.xyz unless they had a project in mind (and a damn good one), or it's a front for some sort of money laundering. I use to do some specialty work for Wells Fargo and i can assure you that money laundering is a BIG DEAL.
I used to word at a pizza shop, I can assure you pizza is a big deal.

What does money laundering have to do with someone buying a name for 200k

•••
I used to word at a pizza shop, I can assure you pizza is a big deal.

What does money laundering have to do with someone buying a name for 200k
"I used to word at a pizza shop'????? What's this suppose to mean? Do you mean work?

And if you don't know anything about money laundering I'd suggest you ask a forensic accountant.

•••
"I used to word at a pizza shop'????? What's this suppose to mean? Do you mean work?

And if you don't know anything about money laundering I'd suggest you ask a forensic accountant.
We all know what that means, you need to explain what that has to do with this transaction.

•••
We all know what that means, you need to explain what that has to do with this transaction.
First, i didn't say this transaction has anything to do with money laundering. However I did say that money laundering exists in the domain world, and you need to go no further than this message board to read all about it. Here's a 2016 quote from a well respected poster from a thread about drug trafficking and new TLD's;

"Domain names are the perfect vehicle for money laundering, because they are immaterial assets and without the trail of usual financial instruments. It is possible to conceal ownership.

I am certain that domains are used for laundering.

I don't know about the registries, but some registrars are shady and support illegal activities (spamming, rogue pharmacies, counterfeit). In fact and at least one was terminated for criminal activities (Estdomains).
Money laundering goes on in every industry (eg. real estate), and the domain industry being little regulated why would anyone think that kind of stuff doesn't happen ?

PS: playing the devil's advocate further: have you noticed that some registries have sold inventory to themselves, that is to a subsidiary they have set up. I think there could be legitimate tax reasons but there can be a fine line between tax avoidance and tax evasion or downright money laundering."

•••

So where does Swetha's money come from? Do you know?....does anyone know?.....note, ".LINK is no worse than .XYZ" regardless of what anyone thinks or says :xf.rolleyes:

•••
@ThatNameGuy @MadAboutDomains and any other xyz haters.

Can you please stop all this nonsense!

I don't own a single xyz domain but I have too much respect to @DNGear, she is such an example of a great visionary person.

Many of the top sold xyz domains are already in use, here are some examples of Swetha's top sales from Namebio:
  • sino.xyz, 119,00 USD => redirects to sino.com (Sino Group, Hong Kong)
  • glow.xyz, 79,888 USD => NFT App
  • pixels.xyz, 74,980 USD => online game
  • momentum.xyz, 69,888 USD => Metaverse stack
  • fortress.xyz, 59,888 USD => Web3 Financial Service

Those are just samples of many others.

Also there are many other xyz domains that were not sold by Swetha but sold by others, for example recently there was a big sale of gaming.xyz on squadhelp for something around 127k (the seller was not Swetha), now tell me Suadhelp is invloved in money laundary?!

An yes Swetha struck gold on her bet on xyz extension, but what she did was far from easy:
  • Firstly, it was very expensive and extremely risky, those who take risk get highest ROI, the higher the risk the higher the reward.
  • Secondly, it is very expensive for Swetha to keep renweing her portfolio (of 20k names I guess) she will be paying premium renewals on her top xyz domains (about $200 per year) which means she has no other option but to shoot for the moon in her pricing and to sell in the ranges she is selling right now.
  • Finally, what makes her sales possible is that she controls most of the supply of the premium xyz names and when you have control on the supply you have control on the prices.

I hope that makes sense to you and to all others.

Last edited:
•••
You wouldn't have anything to do with EpicName.xyz or EpicNames.xyz would you? Here's what I can assure you; EpicName(s).link is no worse than EpicName(s).xyz:xf.wink:

Can you please stop all this nonsense :xf.rolleyes:

EpicName is not premium one word so .xyz version worth $0.

You know what, if you had knowledge about xyz future back in 2019 I bet that you would have bought something like:

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw.xyz

thinking that you struck gold by owning the full alphabet 😂

Last edited:
•••
How many xyz domains have you visited on your organic travels around the internet...? For me it is none.

The reason that this is the case is that there aren't any sites worth visiting on the extension. To me the extension literally means bottom of the barrell or for children or completely useless, like the letters from which it is comprised.
I got a spam notification on my phone today saying "check out these free games!!!"....
Oh look what I see. It's an xyz. Nice to see that xyz names aren't being used as the main source of spam anymore....
Screenshot_2022-11-16-09-01-28-643_com.android.chrome.jpg

•••
.XYZ will shine once a day. These are the signals. Smart people started acquiring quality .xyz domains.

•••
wow Congrats Swetha !
it seems that bull run for .xyz again lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back