IT.COM

BringLove.com for $3,595 or Bring.Love for $30,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BringLove.com for $3,595 or Bring.Love for $30,000 - Which One For Your Business?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please permit me to start a poll to ask if using others' actual domain names for discussion without the owners' permissions to intentionally devalue the domains is an ethical behavior as written by you publicly at NamePros. Or you can choose to not permit me but this will show that what you said about "reasonable" and "expecting a discussion" are all bullshit, and you are just a bad guy with double standard.

Why would you need my permission to do that?

But if you do please make it a neutral poll. Your phrasing above is obviously a loaded question, which is disingenuous.

Is it alright to talk about someone's domain that was featured in a public article?
That is more neutral wording.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Why would you need my permission to do that?

But if you do please make it a neutral poll. Your phrasing above obviously makes the poll loaded which is disingenuous.

Is it alright to talk about someone's domain that was featured in a public article?
That is more neutral wording.

Brad

My phrasing is neutral and includes all the key points (others' actual domain names, without the owners' permissions, and intentionally devalue the domains), while your phrasing misses all these key points.

It is just a public poll that is similar to JB Lions's poll, probably better than his poll because my poll is not targeted to people who hate you that can lead to seriously based result. When you accept his poll, you should accept my poll as well. Or does it mean that when you may become a victim, you think this kind of "reasonable", "expected" and "ethical" poll is not acceptable?

According to your logic, when you write something publicly, you should expect any discussions of any types and it is reasonable and ethical that others start a poll that is intentionally destroy others. When you only permit me to do a specific poll or try to change the phrasing of my poll, you already violate your thought and it already shows that you are just a bad guy with double standard.

•••
My phrasing is neutral and includes all the key points (others' actual domain names, without the owners' permissions, and intentionally devalue the domains), while your phrasing misses all these key points.

It is just a public poll that is similar to JB Lions's poll, probably better than his poll because my poll is not targeted to people who hate you that can lead to seriously based result. When you accept his poll, you should accept my poll as well. Or does it mean that when you may become a victim, you think this kind of "reasonable", "expected" and "ethical" poll is not acceptable?

According to your logic, when you write something publicly, you should expect any discussions of any types and it is reasonable and ethical that others start a poll that is intentionally destroy others. When you only permit me to do a specific poll or try to change the phrasing of my poll, you already violate your thought and it already shows that you are just a bad guy with double standard.

JB's poll was unbiased. It gave (2) options A or B with no attempted influence over the results.
Your wording is obviously loaded.

You are pretty silly. I am going to be a victim because you post a poll?

Again, you don't need my permission if you want to post a poll. Feel free.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
As a novice user I'll never remember Bring.Love or was that Bring.Love.com? or BringLove.com? - that would be messy. So stick to .COM, and get BringLove.com even if it for higher/similar/lower price than .Love.

But IF you are spending a fortune on brand-marketing of "www.Bring.Love" on Internet and offline, then grab it for any price you want and build a brand around it.

•••
new domain extensions became more popular when agar.io was the most played game of 2015.

•••
Dot is a big issue here.

In the majority of the minds of the people, the .com has done away with its own iron branding.

People assume all internet addresses end in .com - even the costliest brand-marketing will eventually fail to convince people that there is a word LOVE after BRING but separated with a dot

Read the case of o.co

•••
Dot is a big issue here.

In the majority of the minds of the people, the .com has done away with its own iron branding.

People assume all internet addresses end in .com - even the costliest brand-marketing will eventually fail to convince people that there is a word LOVE after BRING but separated with a dot

Read the case of o.co
I think about places where .co.uk is used... I wonder if .com is still in the mind of all people there.

•••
@Miracle Shack good point there.

Actually, when in doubt people most often type .com at the end but there could be few exceptions

there are ccTLDs which have made their own impact and it took them years.

•••
@TauseefKhan I was interested in this thread because my website is a .love and I share by word of mouth, almost no one I know seemed to understand what I was saying. I realized "dot love" is foreign to most people in this small town I'm in. I now always end by saying "dot love, not dot com."

Last edited:
•••
Don't fall for the hype guys; it's indicative of narrow-mindedness.. like those horses that use blinders so they don't get spooked by something new crossing their path.

Give new customers and users credit; many are more internet savvy than we realize. The only person not "seeing" it is you. Get rid of those blinders!

Branch out and explore solid options in new gTLDs rather than rearranging words or letters in a legacy extension in the hopes that it might be "decent".

This thread is a good example of the heights we may be striving for in a new gTLD: A good name is a good name in .com, but it's even BETTER in a GREAT match gTLD like the example given. Think like a business and how to brand a name- in this case the domain IS the name!

So although pricing may drive a buyer to an inferior extension like the .com, ultimately owning the new G is where we are headed :)

•••
@TauseefKhan I was interested in this thread because my website is a .love and I share by word of mouth, almost no one I know seemed to understand what I was saying. I realized "dot love" is foreign to most people in this small town I'm in. I always end by saying "dot love, not dot com."

from a branding perspective, .love does work better. why not buy the wordlove.com and redirect it to word.love?

I’m buying a word.gTLD soon, I know it will create some confusion but I’m banking on most of my traffic being via google search, and links and not people typing in my domain

i see two benefits - having a short memorable url, and no need to trademark my name since nobody could rightfully trademark word.gTLD after my website is established and say I am in violation of their trademark. If you go the .com route, you need to check trademark registers to make sure somebody doesn’t already have your name marked

•••
Don't fall for the hype guys; it's indicative of narrow-mindedness.. like those horses that use blinders so they don't get spooked by something new crossing their path.

Give new customers and users credit; many are more internet savvy than we realize. The only person not "seeing" it is you. Get rid of those blinders!

Branch out and explore solid options in new gTLDs rather than rearranging words or letters in a legacy extension in the hopes that it might be "decent".

This thread is a good example of the heights we may be striving for in a new gTLD: A good name is a good name in .com, but it's even BETTER in a GREAT match gTLD like the example given. Think like a business and how to brand a name- in this case the domain IS the name!

So although pricing may drive a buyer to an inferior extension like the .com, ultimately owning the new G is where we are headed :)

Agree with your points, except .com being inferior, .com is the gold standard :xf.smile:

But all the good .coms are taken. I can’t wait until gTLDs become widely accepted!

•••
Agree with your points, except .com being inferior, .com is the gold standard :xf.smile:

But all the good .coms are taken. I can’t wait until gTLDs become widely accepted!
even .sucks?

•••

You say .COM is an inferior extension, yet everyone else is the one with blinders on. :xf.rolleyes:

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Depends on the name- that's the beauty of domain names isn't it! Anything more than a one-word name is opportunity for a match.

If you want new gTLDs to become widely accepted, stop thinking in old "gold standard" terms- make a new gold standard for our buyers! Investors play a much bigger role in making internet addresses awesome than we realize.

By constantly beating the same old drum, we drive away adoption.

•••
Depends on the name- that's the beauty of domain names isn't it! Anything more than a one-word name is opportunity for a match.

If you want new gTLDs to become widely accepted, stop thinking in old "gold standard" terms- make a new gold standard for our buyers! Investors play a much bigger role in making internet addresses awesome than we realize.

By constantly beating the same old drum, we drive away adoption.

Registries do a much better job of driving away adoption actually. That is what happens when they generally reserve anything decent and demand huge prices for something with little demand. They are their own worst enemies.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I want to see awesome internet addresses everywhere. I don't want to visit crappy urls. So while we push for .COM all day long, the blinders I refer to are the better options available in word.word that we miss.

We are what we eat, so those that worship and kneel before the "king" only get fed the leftovers. I for one don't want to wallow in half the junk that people try to sell for the mere reason it's resting on the .com, when surfing the net.

Perhaps you've got hundreds maybe thousands of unsold names left over in your portfolio that are left flailing to better options now. I get it. But what I saw less than a decade ago when new G's first arrived was an answer to a big problem: Web addresses were really starting to suck!

Sorry, being .com is not good enough anymore.

•••
The best strategy is to own a brandable New gTLD and the matching .com

That way you'll be safe until there is widespread adaption for New Gs

IMO

Last edited:
•••
.com is the superior extension, by far.
New G are something to invest if you have a few extra bucks to spend, but not serious if you want to start a business. Nobody is going to remember the happy.word extension, but they are gonna type happyword.com
A domain, nowadays is defined by an extension, and .com is the king by far.
No extension = No domain, in 99% of world population.
If.we talk.like this.with dots.between words.finally does.not mean.nothing
It's the .com what makes a domain.

Last edited:
•••
from a branding perspective, .love does work better. why not buy the wordlove.com and redirect it to word.love?

I’m buying a word.gTLD soon, I know it will create some confusion but I’m banking on most of my traffic being via google search, and links and not people typing in my domain

i see two benefits - having a short memorable url, and no need to trademark my name since nobody could rightfully trademark word.gTLD after my website is established and say I am in violation of their trademark. If you go the .com route, you need to check trademark registers to make sure somebody doesn’t already have your name marked
I totally agree. Particular your remark about trademarks, this is IMO what most people here still not get it, they have no idea whatsoever .. new gTLD are extremely resilient from this point of view :)

•••
I want to see awesome internet addresses everywhere. I don't want to visit crappy urls. So while we push for .COM all day long, the blinders I refer to are the better options available in word.word that we miss.

We are what we eat, so those that worship and kneel before the "king" only get fed the leftovers. I for one don't want to wallow in half the junk that people try to sell for the mere reason it's resting on the .com, when surfing the net.

Perhaps you've got hundreds maybe thousands of unsold names left over in your portfolio that are left flailing to better options now. I get it. But what I saw less than a decade ago when new G's first arrived was an answer to a big problem: Web addresses were really starting to suck!

Sorry, being .com is not good enough anymore.

Very very true, some words of wisdom here :) Thank you @HotKey!

•••
The best strategy is to own a brandable New gTLD and the matching .com

That way you'll be safe until there is widespread adaption for New Gs

IMO
Exactly, that is the safest route for now for any serious business owner. Everyone who knows at least a little about new gTLDs is aware that spill of traffic is going both ways (from new gTLD to matching .com, but also from matching .com to new gTLD). This is a FACT.

Those (as @bmugford ) who are saying having only .com is enough for business owners and they would not need any other extension after that, are simply WRONG in 2020. Such statements were true until 2014. but not anymore.

•••
.com is the superior extension, by far.
New G are something to invest if you have a few extra bucks to spend, but not serious if you want to start a business. Nobody is going to remember the happy.word extension, but they are gonna type happyword.com
A domain, nowadays is defined by an extension, and .com is the king by far.
No extension = No domain, in 99% of world population.
If.we talk.like this.with dots.between words.finally does.not mean.nothing
It's the .com what makes a domain.
To this, I can only say, that big corporations like Google or Amazon are massively getting top new gTLDs into their portfolios, regardless of what some legacy domainers are thinking, or wishing.

•••
Those (as @bmugford ) who are saying having only .com is enough for business owners and they would not need any other extension after that, are simply WRONG in 2020. Such statements were true until 2014. but not anymore.

Well, that is your opinion. What is fact though is there is still vastly more money in. COM than new gTLD, especially when it comes to resale. It is not even close.

I am not a .COM snob. I probably own about 30% non .COM, but that is just how the world is.
You are the one who needs a paradigm shift that is not happening after years.

For every website that launches on a new gTLD, more will launch on a .COM.

I own DataCube.com, tell me which other extensions I really need. None.

I do own a few for brand protection, but they are not really needed. The truth is the vast majority of end users are fine with .COM and nothing else.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I totally agree. Particular your remark about trademarks, this is IMO what most people here still not get it, they have no idea whatsoever .. new gTLD are extremely resilient from this point of view :)

Well, I think the TM point is moot, especially after the supreme court ruling. I don't really think there is any plus or minus for new extensions there.

It works the other way also. If you develop a new extension where a .COM exists, it is your who might run into TM issues.

The same potential TM issues apply to all extensions.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back