Dynadot

domains Brightstar.com Rebrands to Likewize.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Brightstar has today announced a comprehensive rebrand of its company, designed to showcase the transformation from its origin as a mobile phone distributor to the complete tech protection and support provider it has become. Under the new name ‘Likewize’, the company is committed to advancing the world by making people’s technology problems painless and resolving any problem they may encounter.

“Due to the company changing fundamentally, we knew it was necessary to change the brand to accurately reflect this profound shift. Likewize offers a much a stronger sense of our identity and what we want to accomplish. I’ve felt we have been the industry’s best kept secret and now that is all about to change.”

The rebrand comes after a period of significant global investment for the company, with approximately $1 billion USD invested on industry-leading systems and services.

read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Why try to "upgrade" from something good like Brightstar to something that isn't even a real word?

Methinks they might leak quite a lot of traffic over here (https://likewise.com/) as well as losing vast amounts of email.

Bad decision.

Last edited:
•••
If you are going to use a domain that has a replaced letter then you better make sure there is no confusion with an existing business or brand. This decision makes no sense. If you have to rebrand, much better to rebrand to an invented short pronounceable name. Make it memorable and make it stand out.

•••
Brightstar is a great brand. LikeWize is a terrible brand.
Massive downgrade.

Brad

•••
Worst rebrand and downgrade in a long time.

“Z”? “Z”!!! Fire guy who “improved” the brand.

Garbage that doesnt pass the radio test;
“Likewise”” NOT “likewize” be ashamed.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations to likewise.com, they are about to see an increase in traffic from all the typos

•••
•••
•••
I'm constantly amazed how the fundamentals of branding/marketing are lost even at the highest levels...like wtf do you pay these people for?

•••
•••
in the uk we would say likewise

and if we typed likewize in to google in the uk google predictive text would show results for

likewise

•••
Radio test results from Radiotest.me:

9 respondents out of 10 spelled "brightstar".

0 respondents out of 10 spelled "likewize"

•••
Downgrade in my opinion.

Their new logo like a sh*t

Capture.PNG

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back