Dynadot

information Brent Oxley Loses Access to Create.com, Plus Millions of Dollars Worth of His Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Brent Oxley, the founder of HostGator, has been accruing a portfolio of ultra-premium domain names since he sold his hosting company for close to $300 million in 2013.

With purchases such as Give.com for $500,000, Broker.com for $375,000, and Texas.com for $1,007,500, Oxley has spent millions of dollars over the past few years accumulating this collection. According to his website, the portfolio is worth more than $25 million.

Oxley has now, however, lost access to a proportion of his portfolio

Read the full report on my blog

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It seems like dramatic accusations go both ways. As disturbing as they are, I think making that public is a mistake. I cannot take either side seriously if they go down that road. You have to be able to make a compelling argument in a professional way in public. Defamation, death threats, slander, etc, can be handled in the courts of law, not in the court of public opinion. This is dirty laundry. There is nothing we can do about it except suffer the stains.

Again, what exactly are you referring to? What "accusations"? You need to be specific. Accusations that GoDaddy is obsessed with social justice like virtually every other corporation? That's not a blind accusation, that's an objective fact. Go take a look at their last 3 months of posts on Facebook and Twitter and tell me that their incessant virtue signaling isn't actually reality or a priority with GoDaddy.

So what other accusations are you referring to exactly? The possibility of GoDaddy using ideological bias in the case with @create.com or possibly with other domains they've canceled? Like others, I've repeatedly stated that ideological bias could have played a role here. I've also repeatedly said that it very well may not have. That's an objective, logical and sane position to have. I have my suspicions like everyone else, but I'm also open to hearing more from GoDaddy. Yet strangely, anytime I've reiterated that point, you wasted no time to jump in and passively insinuate that we should all "shut up" for merely stating our opinions or even being critical of GoDaddy. I find that curious. Listen, it's one thing if someone was accusing GoDaddy of something very specific and claimed that they 100% did this or did that without having any evidence to support their claim, but that's not actually what's going on here. This a public forum and people are discussing a range of ambiguous possibilities (keyword possibilities) of what could have taken place. You really need to take a solid look at this thread again. Let's not get this twisted.

By and large, the only "threats" and "slander" that I see occurring on this thread are those being posted by @barybadrinath. Perhaps you should direct your caution to him.

Last edited:
•••
So what other accusations are you referring to exactly?

Just what I read in this thread from both parties, @create.com and @barybadrinath. There is a lot of emotion and accusations on both sides.

I have my suspicions like everyone else, but I'm also open to hearing more from GoDaddy. Yet strangely, anytime I've reiterated that point, you wasted no time to jump in and passively insinuate that we should all "shut up" for merely stating our opinions or even being critical of GoDaddy.

I never said you should shut up. My point in saying that we should step back is not allow emotions and suspicions to make us jump to conclusions. There is a lot of rhetoric here but this thread is very light on facts. That's the frustrating part.

Last edited:
•••
Just what I read in this post from both parties, @create.com and @barybadrinath. There is a lot of emotion and accusations on both sides.

I never said you should shut up. My point in saying that we should step back is not allow emotions and suspicions to make us jump to conclusions. There is a lot rhetoric here but this thread is very light on facts. That's the frustrating part.

I agree that both @create.com and @barybadrinath should probably just remain quiet, since they're actually the parties involved here. However, again, I think you're conflating the actual accusations that are being slung between @create.com and @barybadrinath, with the public's right to simply be critical and suspicious of GoDaddy. Namepro members simply showing their criticism and suspicions towards GoDaddy in the interim, really has no bearing on the facts or on what actually took place. I presume (at least I hope) that we will all eventually learn what exactly happened here. Until then, people are well within their right to point out GoDaddy's potential flaws and problematic issues with their customer service and discuss whether they personally feel whether GoDaddy's corporate political ideology may have played a role or not.

In my opinion, I believe that generally speaking, their priorities are utterly backwards. I also feel that considering the gravity and traction of this particular case, that the CEO should take the initiative and at least address the public, even if he may not have all the answers. You may or may not agree, but these are valid criticisms, imo.

Last edited:
•••
I agree that both @create.com and @barybadrinath should probably just remain quiet, since they're actually the parties involved here. However, again, I think you're conflating the actual accusations that are being slung between @create.com and @barybadrinath, with the public's right to simply be critical and suspicious of GoDaddy. Namepro members simply showing their criticism and suspicions towards GoDaddy in the interim, really has no bearing on the facts or on what actually took place. I presume (at least I hope) that we will all eventually learn what exactly happened here. Until then, people are well within their right to point out GoDaddy's potential flaws and problematic issues with their customer service.

Personally, in my opinion, I believe that their priorities are utterly backwards. I also feel that considering the gravity and traction of this particular case, that the CEO should take the initiative and at least address the public, even if he may not have all the answers. You may or may not agree, but these are valid criticisms, imo.

Yes, you are right. You have the absolute right to be critical and suspicious of any company. And that company has the right to respond or not. In the final analysis, I guess I am speaking as a journalist. I want to write a story about this but the lack of facts is driving me nuts. I don't want my opinion or suspicions to taint the story. But don't let me stop you from expressing your opinion. I apologize if my earlier statements made it seem like I was trying to stifle your expressions.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, you are right. You have the absolute right to be critical and suspicious of any company. And that company has the right to respond or not. In the final analysis, I guess I am speaking as a journalist. I want to write a story about this but the lack of facts is driving me nuts. I don't want my opinion or suspicions to taint the story. But don't let me stop you from expressing your opinion. I apologize if my earlier statements made it seem like I was trying to stifle your expressions.

No worries at all. I just wanted to understand where you were coming from. You are right about the crazy accusations between @barybadrinath and @create.com, as there have been plenty. I can't say that I've ever seen a case like this in this industry. We've heard about hookers, drugs and now "sycophant brokers cum clowns" as mentioned earlier. All of this is absolutely insane. Sadly, (and I could be wrong) but something tells me that the very fine details of what actually took place, may never be 100% available anytime soon. In any event, good luck with your story!

Last edited:
•••
I am so f confuse reading all the mumbo jumbo Hindi- maybe we need the UN and WTO to get his hookey pookey mess straighten out and later ask Netflix to make a movie

•••
Soon we will have more clarity.

Last edited:
•••
If we get UN, WTO, and Netfilx involved it will just complicate things a whole lot worse. LOL.
Oh I forgot to put in Bollywood....How can I miss that!!!

Now we need a title of the movie....

Here one....Don't F with a Texan!!

•••
Lol. You seem to be in lot of pain. Can I take u out for coffee. Just 1 coffee and nothing else
For that you will have to come to US and I dont think anyone is going to pay for it now after what you have done.Your good days are over. You screwed any chance of coming back to the domaining community.

Last edited:
•••
For that you will have to come to US and I dont think anyone is going to pay for it now after what you have done.Your good days are over. You screwed any chance of coming back to the domaining community.
Ok

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Can someone recommend me a good criminal lawyer in usa on contingency basis or on fees basis. I want to file 3 cases against the person-

1) Criminal case under the stringent sections of foreign corrupt practices act , USA. I have evidence that bribe has been paid by an american citizen.

2) Criminal case on the behalf of my wife for publicly uploading a FALSE document on the behalf of my wife's name. I have confirmed from my wife that she has never wrote that long email thread commenting upon alleged treatment in AIIMS . The type of language used also does not belong to her. Brent sir You communicated with my wife at least 16 times on her original email id. The email id from which this thread has been mentioned is not used by my wife. I know this is the handiwork of your hired people including vpn.
I challenge you for two things -

A) as AIIMS is mentioned in thread pls go and file rti ( right to information act ) at AIIMS and ask them whether I have been treated there or not. AIIMS keep all records. If you are able to show even 1 receipt of myself getting treatment there and if you are able to tell me doctor's name, I will accept all your demands.

B ) Just show me 1 more email from that same mail id which your fake content creators have used to defame me. I am sure you won't be able to show any.

3) As a GoDaddy customer I want to file case against Brent sir and his hired people to intentionally defame GoDaddy with the help of competing registrars of GoDaddy. You and vpn guys already tried to put illegal pressure on GoDaddy since last 1 yr to unlock domain names which have been locked due to legal dispute in India and Usa. You even tried ro bribe GoDaddy to unlock your domain names. When godaddy refused to give in to your illegal demands , you have now stoop to a new low by donating to billboards used for defaming GoDaddy. You with the help of your hired brokers are hurling abuses daily at GoDaddy to illegally unlock domain names. Brent sir you are not the only domainer in this world. Millions of other people use GoDaddy as well and your this attempt to defame GoDaddy has not gone down well with us.

@namecheap pls show everyone the exact emails and messages which you sent me when I contacted you to lock 1 domain name which is mentioned in the lawsuit. Here publically namecheap you says something else and to me you says something else via legal communication.

@epik have you unlocked go domain names . Pls use same reason to unlock domain names which you were lecturing to GoDaddy for illegally unlocking of domain names.

My advice to you Brent sir is be decent and keep family out from this fight. If you are not going to spill beans properly then I will tell everyone. I am posting very very limited content and answers as the case is subjudice in two countries. Follow the commandments of fight posted by the good among Castello brothers.

@Paul Nicks - Brent sir messaged me on telegram and told me that he has got Mr Aman Bhutani on his side and he is going to spend 5 million USD to get him unlock the names. Pls take note of it. Though he immediately deleted that msg on telegram.

Last edited:
•••
Just a heads up here for those who want GoDaddy to listen. If you get an email offering you a chance to win a voucher for completing a GoDaddy customer survey and you respond, you get this further invite:

...join our GoDaddy Customer Council! In the GoDaddy Customer Council we would connect with you more regularly about your product expectations, our planned innovations and how you want GoDaddy to improve as a Brand

Being an unpaid member of a GoDaddy focus group does not sound like fun, but if enough people did it the results might be influenced. To get accepted you must say you are in one of the countries it lists, but you can revise that with the back button.

Last edited:
•••
Can someone recommend me a good criminal lawyer in usa on contingency basis or on fees basis. I want to file 3 cases against the person-

1) Criminal case under the stringent sections of foreign corrupt practices act , USA. I have evidence that bribe has been paid by an american citizen.

2) Criminal case on the behalf of my wife for publicly uploading a FALSE document on the behalf of my wife's name. I have confirmed from my wife that she has never wrote that long email thread commenting upon alleged treatment in AIIMS . The type of language used also does not belong to her. Brent sir You communicated with my wife at least 16 times on her original email id. The email id from which this thread has been mentioned is not used by my wife. I know this is the handiwork of your hired people including vpn.

This is not how the legal system works in the US. You don't get to just hire a lawyer who then brings criminal charges against someone.

Criminal charges are brought via a grand jury, district attorney, etc.

All you can do is make a complaint. You have no discretion when it comes to charging people with crimes.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
This is not how the legal system works in the US. You don't get to just hire a lawyer who then brings criminal charges against someone.

Criminal charges are brought via a grand jury, district attorney, etc.

All you can do is make a complaint. You have no discretion when it comes to charging people with crimes.

Brad
Can you tell me where the complaint should be filed under fcpa. My lawyer told me that we need usa licensed attorney for it to file complaint

•••
Can you tell me where the complaint should be filed under fcpa. My lawyer told me that we need usa licensed attorney for it to file complaint

I have no idea.

I would assume an experienced lawyer would either have that information or be able to find that information. Established lawyers generally have lots of connections in the field.

Brad

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
@create.com If you have the facts on your side, take it to the full limit. You must have all the resources. What is standing in your way?
I’m not a reporter but evidently it’s many items that stand in between

•••
Brent Oxley, the founder of HostGator, has been accruing a portfolio of ultra-premium domain names since he sold his hosting company for close to $300 million in 2013.

With purchases such as Give.com for $500,000, Broker.com for $375,000, and Texas.com for $1,007,500, Oxley has spent millions of dollars over the past few years accumulating this collection. According to his website, the portfolio is worth more than $25 million.

Oxley has now, however, lost access to a proportion of his portfolio

Read the full report on my blog
I actually never read your full article till yet. I tried to read it fully today but got stuck half way as the below written by you is totally and categorically false . You should have got your facts right before proceeding. This is not neutral journalism in my view .

" I understand that after Oxley moved his domains to Namecheap, Agarwal contacted Namecheap asking for Oxley’s names to be locked, a request that Namecheap declined. I contacted Namecheap for comment."

I never contacted namecheap when the other domains were moved to them. In fact when I filed lawsuit all those domains were at GoDaddy.

Also in one of your previous article " Brent Oxley moved his domains to namecheap" you have mentioned that you contacted Brent sir to ask the reason but I guess he declined to comment. Please ask him why he did not feed you information regarding these lawsuits that time itself.

What has changed now. Why he feed you this information now with all the so called 100s of screenshots and alleged emails. May I ask are you also part of this well planned strategy launched now. Unfortunately it has back fired

Last edited:
•••
June 2020 - GoDaddy experiences surge in business, yet lays off over 800 employees in Texas
Nov 2020 - GoDaddy doubles Domain Discount Club price from $120 to $240
Dec 2020 - GoDaddy tricks employees with cruel $640 Christmas Bonus phishing email - refuses to give out bonus despite backlash
Dec 2020 - GoDaddy acquires Poynt for $320 million in cash
Jan 2021 - GoDaddy raising closeout prices from $11 to $50

All this as well as recent cases of censoring/kicking sites off, now they're locking highly valuable domains. They treat their customers as garbage as their employees.

•••
""") Criminal case under the stringent sections of foreign corrupt practices act , USA. I have evidence that bribe has been paid by an american citizen."""

Belly funny...I guess there is no corruption in India, Farkistan, China,Iran,Syria, etc etc..

•••
Belly funny...I guess there is no corruption in India, Farkistan, China,Iran,Syria, etc etc..

Someone accuses an American of a crime and your response is "WELL I BET THERE IS ALSO CRIME IN [lists a bunch of random countries.]"

What a weird thing to get triggered over, the concept of crime existing in America.

Some of you guys are so strange and ideologically warped, and oddly enough it's often the ones accusing others of such, that are just so obsessed.

Are you okay?

Last edited:
•••
Some of you guys are so strange and ideologically warped, and oddly enough it's often the ones accusing others of such, that are just so obsessed.

Are you okay?

Shouldn't you really be asking that question to the person in this thread who literally posted "sycophant brokers cum clowns"?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back