IT.COM

information Brent Oxley Loses Access to Create.com, Plus Millions of Dollars Worth of His Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Brent Oxley, the founder of HostGator, has been accruing a portfolio of ultra-premium domain names since he sold his hosting company for close to $300 million in 2013.

With purchases such as Give.com for $500,000, Broker.com for $375,000, and Texas.com for $1,007,500, Oxley has spent millions of dollars over the past few years accumulating this collection. According to his website, the portfolio is worth more than $25 million.

Oxley has now, however, lost access to a proportion of his portfolio

Read the full report on my blog

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••

When did you approach me you liar. Can you show me and everyone else here even one email regarding this. Again lies , lies and lies.

@Paul Nicks this is a nice attempt by plaintiff to garner public emotion by strategically diverting this issue from being a legal dispute between 2 parties to a scammer act.
And guess what , it's very easy to label anyone as a scammer from India , Nigeria etc.
These idiots do not even think once before defaming Respected Aman ji ,ceo of godaddy that Amanji is working for usa economy. And u still label him of what what things just because he is an Indian. Shame on all of you idiots.

•••
I've been copying and pasting messages from Puneet. I've realized this isn't very effective so just going to screen shot them.

Below is Facebook chat in which Puneet admit he hasn't had a job, asks for forgiveness, and me telling him to get a job ands to extortion. This shows he wasn't employed by me.

Attachments

• nojob.png
    nojob.png
    226.9 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
•••
I've been copying and pasting messages from Puneet. I've realized this isn't very effective so just going to screen shot them.

Sure as you wish. You can try using any of the tactic but remember in the end you will have to answer to court. It's not going anywhere away..
Why don't you file a case against me in usa and put "scamming" as a keyword in your lawsuit. Let everyone see what happens next

Last edited:
•••

I still can't understand how you fell in this trap?

Did Mr Agarwal bring some deal for you at any point in the time in past?

•••
I still can't understand how you fell in this trap?

Did Mr Agarwal bring some deal for you at any point in the time in past?

It looks like yes he did.

•••
Redacted

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps Brent and Punjeet should have a private conversation. If they cannot resolve their disagreements, then a court will...at some point.

I don't know why Brent has lost control of his domains at GoDaddy based on what I've read. GoDaddy has put itself in an awkward position given there is little clarity in this dispute. I does appear GoDaddy reacted prematurely.

•••
Perhaps Brent and Punjeet should have a private conversation. If they cannot resolve their disagreements, then a court will...at some point.

I don't know why Brent has lost control of his domains at GoDaddy based on what I've read. GoDaddy has put itself in an awkward position given there is little clarity in this dispute. I does appear GoDaddy reacted prematurely.
He want to make it dirty. Let it be. Let everyone know the truth now. Brent sir now I have lost more respect for you. Daily you are going one level down.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210309-044951.png
    Screenshot_20210309-044951.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 554
Last edited:
•••
Sure as you wish. You can try using any of the tactic but remember in the end you will have to answer to court. It's not going anywhere away..
Why don't you file a case against me in usa and put "scamming" as a keyword in your lawsuit. Let everyone see what happens next

He doesn't have to answer anything if you never serve him properly.

Brad

•••
Last edited:
•••
Do you even have 1 email which shows that you have ever approached me regarding my case with Brent sir.
The images attached shows your hypocrisy and it shows how nice of you to contact " so called scammers" for your own business deals and when deals don't happen , label them as whatever you want.

Brent sir again you are using cheap tactics. Not good sir

Brent was a friend long before you did this to him. It did not take a lawyer to see that what you are doing was wrong. No one was ever trying to scam or extort you.

Still waiting for you to post the contract...

Last edited:
•••
He doesn't have to answer anything if you never serve him properly.

Brad

GoDaddy locked the names without Brent being served from the Indian court. We later learned, if any domains are mentioned in the initial pleadings the domains are locked by GoDaddy upon them becoming aware of the complaint.

Service doesn't matter, especially in international suits.

Last edited:
•••
GoDaddy locked the names without Brent being served from the Indian court. We later learned, if any domains are mentioned in the initial pleadings the domains are locked by GoDaddy upon them becoming aware of the complaint.

So you are now a lawyer. Ok good. Very good. Brent sir hire him as a lawyer and fire Carsey.

•••
One thing is clear. Brent is being denied control of his domains and wants full control restored by GoDaddy.

I am not sure what resolution Punjeet seeks.

•••
Brent was a friend long before you did this to him. It did not take a lawyer to see that what you are doing was wrong. No one was ever trying to scam or extort you.

Still waiting for you to post the contract...
Well my case in India is totally based upon me being scammed by your godfather. I remember someone posted it yesterday. Go and read it

•••
Well my case in India is totally based upon me being scammed by your godfather. I remember someone posted it yesterday. Go and read it
Are you saying you had a verbal agreement? A text agreement? Which type of agreement did you have? How exactly do you believe you were scammed?

Last edited:
•••
One thing is clear. Brent is being denied control of his domains and wants full control restored by GoDaddy.

I am not sure what resolution Punjeet seeks.
The above attachment shows how godfather of vpn.com tried to bribe me to get my help in extortion from GoDaddy. I have almost 50 chat transcript and email messages showing different different shades of godfather of vpn.com

•••

The only reason we have an issue here is because of GoDaddy's actions.

GoDaddy created this issue by locking domains simply based on a lawsuit being filed, regarding a business dispute.

There are serious jurisdictional and process issues here.

If this is GoDaddy's bar for locking domains, we have a serious problem.

Brad

•••
Takeaways from this thread.

1. Never put your d**k in the crazy.

2. Some of the big names in this domain industry are just as greedy as us ordinary Joes.

3. Millionaire domainers and brokers are VERY POOR at judging people despite many signals to the true nature of a person. I guess greed makes them blind.

•••
Are you saying you had a verbal agreement? A text agreement? Which type of agreement did you have? How exactly do you believe you were scammed?

Whatever agreement they had, he's unable to share copies of it.

Scary how vulnerable the entire domain industry is to this tactic. @Paul Nicks reform is needed.

•••
I spoke to Aman and Paul Nicks multiple times about this situation for Brent over the last 12 months about this situation.

These locks interfered with over $900,000 in deals that VPN.com was working on for Brent. Significant delays and failed solutions were induced into our negotiations because of these locks. Outside of our deals, I am sure Brent's total damages from domains that he would have sold are now over $3 million USD due to these locks... which should pain every domainer.

While we have always been supportive of GoDaddy and its position in the domain industry over the years, this has become a situation that is not right.

As listed on this thread, Puneet made multiple threats against Brent's life, his family, and his business prior to submitting the claim to GoDaddy. He knew that this litigation would lock Brent's domains and use these threats to extort Brent through a publically traded U.S. company. It is against US law to threaten a business with threats or violence.

Puneet's conduct rises to criminal racketeering and conspiracy according to 18 U.S. Code § 1951 but because he is not inside the U.S. or a U.S. citizen, a ruling would be useless without extradition.

For American citizens, this is a felony punishable by 1-15 years in a U.S. prison, upon conviction. Additionally, without a signed contract between Puneet and Brent, which was never submitted in court, there is no claim against the ownership of these domains, just a frivolous lawsuit in Hindi that lists domain names. Even so, GoDaddy automatically locked the names.

As I told Justin Redman, GoDaddy's Assistant General Council, if you are going to lock domains under the guise of your company policy without reasonable evidence, you are forcing GoDaddy customers into a terrible legal position to protect their assets registered at GoDaddy.

The only remaining remedy Brent (and other customers) have is to litigate with GoDaddy, which would be an absolute nightmare for both parties and the entire domain industry. Everyone would prefer an amicable solution.

Here is the except from GoDaddy's Terms of Service that speaks to this issue:

You acknowledge and agree that GoDaddy and registry reserve the right to deny, cancel or transfer any registration or transaction, or place any domain name(s) on lock, hold or similar status, as either deems necessary, in the unlimited and sole discretion of either GoDaddy or the registry: (i) to comply with specifications adopted by any industry group generally recognized as authoritative with respect to the Internet (e.g., RFCs), (ii) to protect the integrity and stability of, and correct mistakes made by, any domain name registry or registrar, (iii) for the non-payment of fees to registry, (iv) to protect the integrity and stability of the registry, (v) to comply with any applicable court orders, laws, government rules or requirements, requests of law enforcement, or any dispute resolution process, (vi) to comply with any applicable ICANN rules or regulations, including without limitation, the registry agreement, (vii) to avoid any liability, civil or criminal, on the part of registry operator, as well as its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, and employees, (viii) per the terms of this Agreement, (ix) following an occurrence of any of the prohibited activities described in Section 8 below, or (x) during the resolution of a dispute.

While GoDaddy's Terms of Service may allow them to lock these assets for a period to review a complaint, there is an extremely thin line between their Terms of Service and what becomes ongoing tortious interference to the resolution of this matter.

GoDaddy should not involve itself in business disputes that do not challenge the ownership of domain names. This opens GoDaddy up to a substantial amount of liability to interpret legal cases outside a courtroom. This interpretation can now be influenced by frivolous litigation, cancel culture, or outright bias against an account holder.

Brent Oxley runs one of the largest wildlife and hunting ranch in North America. He believes in the 2nd amendment. If you leave any business dispute that mentions a domain name up to GoDaddy to interpret, it can become very hard to tell how much politics is playing into his treatment by GoDaddy, given their unilateral authority.

Aman Bhutani and GoDaddy's culture are on opposite ends of the American political spectrum compared to Brent Oxley. This is especially true since Aman sits on the Board of the New York Times, which published this bleak article about Brent's ranch and wildlife preservation efforts. I sincerely hope this was not a matter of influence but the unfolding of this situation has led us to these thoughts of possibility.

As far as a solution, it is highly likely this is NOT the first time Puneet has utilized GoDaddy's policy to extort people who host at GoDaddy. If there are findings to this end, GoDaddy would be able to lift the locks through the term bolded in section (vii) above.

Given the lack of evidence or a signed contract submitted to the court, GoDaddy would be unlocking the names to avoid any liability or becoming an accessory after the fact, that would arise towards them from Brent's position. This seems to be the most logical next step and one that would allow confidence to be retained in GoDaddy by the entire domain industry.

GoDaddy has the unilateral authority to cancel a domain name from your account for any reason or no reason at all. As we have seen with Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, and Parler, this is a very heavy burden for any company to always get right.

There must be better protection domain owners can deploy against this risk, otherwise, scammers now have the entire playbook.

I hope we have a positive update from GoDaddy very soon regarding this situation.
Michael Gargiulo
CEO at VPN.com​

@VPN.com Very well said, and exactly my thoughts. Like you've stated, let's all hope that mess was merely a result of GoDaddy's atrocious policies and fumbling, rather than Brent being personally "punished" over his ideology and political views. I've said this countless times on this thread, and it never ceases to amaze me the number of people who go absolutely apeshit over that being a real possibility, given today's dangerously divisive climate. It's no secret that Brent has been the subject of mass criticism and attacks from people on the opposite ideological spectrum in the past. At the end of the day, the specific cause of why all of this is occurring is critical to understand. Motive absolutely matters, and I literally do not understand how any honest person here refuses to admit that Brent being singled out for his views, could at least be a possibility here. Confronting GoDaddy over their terrible policies is one thing, but battling over relentless ideologies is an entirely different animal, and often a fool's errand. That is precisely why it continues to occur on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and surprise! GoDaddy. Most people here already know that GoDaddy has taken strong stances in recent times and canceled sites they've hosted merely on the basis of differing ideologies, under the guise of "promoting violence".

Either way, yes, this has turned into a massive dumpster fire and I hope (for everyone's sake) that we learn more about what actually occurred here. I know one thing, if Brent WAS in fact targeted, there's a near zero chance that GoDaddy would ever admit that. That's why cancel culture and ruining people's lives over ideology and politics is so insidious. It's extremely hard to prove, particularly when corporations nearly always hide behind their terms, and claim that any strange decisions or actions were merely the result of company policy, rather than an employee (or employees) with a vendetta.

Last edited:
•••
He want to make it dirty. Let it be. Let everyone know the truth now. Brent sir now I have lost more respect for you. Daily you are going one level down.

All that tells us is, you had access to Biden, err mean..Godaddy CEO Aman Bhutani. Busy guy

@create.com attempts at Gddy CEO mia still?

At least he knows! The plot gets thicker. (!!)
More clarification on timeline if we wait years;
I am not familiar with your courts;
i’m barely familiar with our courts lol.

Last edited:
•••
Whatever agreement they had, he's unable to share copies of it.

Scary how vulnerable the entire domain industry is to this tactic. @Paul Nicks reform is needed.
I guess I am fighting a legal case in courts of usa and india and that's the place to show documents. I am not fighting the case in your personal bribed jury.

Can you show -

1) emails as you have mentioned that you approached me regarding this case. Can you tell everyone here when and how did you approach me.

2) was it your approval as well to terrorist Sharjil who was threatening my family members last year. When i complained about it to you , you did not do anything even though Sharjil was your employee.
Were you also involved in threatening my family members.

•••
I guess I am fighting a legal case in courts of usa and india and that's the place to show documents. I am not fighting the case in your personal bribed jury.

Can you show -

1) emails as you have mentioned that you approached me regarding this case. Can you tell everyone here when and how did you approach me.

2) was it your approval as well to terrorist Sharjil who was threatening my family members last year. When i complained about it to you , you did not do anything even though Sharjil was your employee.
Were you also involved in threatening my family members.
Is there any way to resolve this case today?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back