IT.COM

brel.com and bnn.com hijacked/domain theft/stolen - namesecure.com to GoDaddy

NameSilo
Watch

Jessica Kung

Established Member
Impact
Dear netizens

Sorry to trouble you but we really need some help from you. Our two domains brel.com and bnn.com was hijacked - stolen on 17 Jan 2021. We only found out on 18 Jan 2021 as our mails, web and application servers are down.

A brief history here
1. Our two domains brel.com and bnn.com were hijacked by GoDaddy on 17 Jan 2021.
2. Both domains were registered in 1995 with Network Solutions. We transferred to namesecure.com in 2015 and paid them for 9 years. namesecure.com claimed that the domain authorised user made the transfer on 17 Jan 2021 to GoDaddy. We told namesecure.com that we didn't authorise this. namesecure.com said that they cannot restore the domains for us.
3. GoDaddy chat claimed that namesecure.com is their affiliate and ignored our requests to return the domains.
4. We had submitted a complaint form to ICANN, received an email with case id but is not sure on how to proceed with them.

Finally, after our persistence on forum (29 Jan 2021) GoDaddy provided the steps for us to restore our domains.
1. namesecure.com to create a case to file a transfer dispute.
2. namesecure.com support team to review unauthorized access to your account and request to file that transfer dispute action.
3. Once namesecure.com finds the transfer was in error, or unauthorized, namesecure.com to contact GoDaddy for the return of these two domains.

(30 Jan 2021) namesecure.com finally answered "We are still working on resolving your issue and will provide you an update as soon as possible."

We have not heard from namesecure.com since then.

(30 Jan 2021) someone posted at the forum that our two domains are sale at domainholdings.com. How can we prevent this?

We posted on tweeter, GoDaddy community forum, web hosting forum for help and some kind souls had replied us to get us so far. We are really very grateful to them.

We will be very very appreciative and grateful for any help...
Many thanks and stay safe,
Jessica

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Nothing is false about ASZ.com. But now the focus will be on you. Give us all the details about who sold you (as you claim) BNN.com, which platform, and of course their name and email.

These domains are being investigated - and not by me.

sorry can't share any think with you here but i swear all false about ASZ.com

•••
I heard from Mark Daniel of Domain Holdings, who was alerted to this thread, but does not have an account at Namepros. Mark was recently approached by someone who claimed to be in the UK and is interested in selling BNN .com. During preliminary discussions and after seeing the questions and information posted here at Namepros, Mark asked this person about the apparent theft, and this person said they would provide Mark with proof of their acquisition of the domain name many years ago. Of course, the domain name was owned until recently by Brel Software, and Mark has not heard back from the purported seller.

Based on the information here and the lack of response from the apparently false identity used to contact Mark, Domain Holdings is not representing the seller of this domain name and has demanded that the purported owner not forward the domain name to Domain Holdings’ site.

•••
If BREL.com is already in someone else's possession, how can she access [email protected] to send an email to you from that account?

i check old whois and back the dns to the old so he can access to his email i am here to help for any think she need

•••
sorry can't share any think with you here but i swear all false about ASZ.com

Let those of us who know better decide on that.

But since you stepped in on this, we're all ears about how/where you got control of both BNN.com AND Brel.com. How much you paid for, which platform, when it happened, etc.

Thanks in advance for your full cooperation on the matter.

•••
So now we have 2 people here who bought valuable domains from the same thief:
  • Lambo - ASZ.com
  • Elyn56 - BNN.com (plus Brel.com)
But neither one is sharing who the seller was. Why is that?

Because those domains were stolen and were acquired for an amount far lower than their street value. No sale legitimizes the acquisition of a stolen asset.

•••
•••
  • Lambo - ASZ.com

Because those domains were stolen and were acquired for an amount far lower than their street value. No sale legitimizes the acquisition of a stolen asset.
LOL, more lies

•••
I am here to cooperate in returning the domains only to its owner.
Sorry about anything I can not answer

•••
Just spoke to a contact I have in the UK. Apparently the Bobbies are after a John Lam****. perhaps Elyn is John?

John - when you are allowed computer time, please take a moment and post an update to this forum.

Last edited:
•••
@Elyn56

I found this in this tangled web. What significance do you see here?

domainnamewire.com/2019/09/17/man-who-paid-360k-for-81-com-says-its-stolen/

Last edited:
•••
  • Lambo - ASZ.com

Since we now know who owns the reported as stolen domains, isn't it there a way to seek legal recourse instead of continuing reseach on a 'hobbyist' bases?

Don't get me wrong, from what I've read reported by you in the past you know what you're doing but I can understand if someone bought these from a (supposedly) shady source they'd rather share it with law enforcement than on a forum.

•••
@Elyn56

I found this in this tangled web. What significance do you see here?

domainnamewire.com/2019/09/17/man-who-paid-360k-for-81-com-says-its-stolen/

First off, the idea of a guy with a fake name and 15 posts swearing anything is true, is pretty funny.

Secondly, that case was a fraud by the plaintiff.

The whole docket is here:

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/16206258/debizet-v-81com/

Let's take a look at the lies of Sami Debizet about 81.com.

The domain name had belonged to a Chinese registrant for a long time. The name was stolen, transferred to Sami Debizet at GoDaddy, and then the victim recovered the domain name.

Mr. Debizet then lied about having the name stolen from him (when the theft was reversed) and filed this lawsuit in Virginia.

Take a look at Mr. Debizet's ridiculous declaration, filed with the suit:

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.vaed.453895/gov.uscourts.vaed.453895.1.1.pdf

"3. I obtained the domain name 81.com from GoDaddy on May 7, 2013 for $360,000. (See attachment 1)"

Not only was the domain name registered to someone in China for many years between 2013 and 2019 (when the suit was filed), but the attachment only shows a domain transfer order to GoDaddy for a few dollars.

Knowing that he was lying to a US court, Mr. Debizet included this ridiculous statement in his declaration:

"I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the Country of Dubai that the foregoing is true and correct."

What a stupid thing to put in a declaration filed with a complaint in a US court! Obviously, he knew he was lying, and thus put in a bogus verification statement pertaining to a jurisdiction other than the one in which the paper was submitted.

The surprise was on Mr. Debizet, however, since the rightful owner of the domain name showed up with top shelf litigation counsel (Morgan Lewis), and then Mr. Debizet put his tail between his legs, voluntarily dismissed the bogus lawsuit, and fled.

There is no question in my mind that Mr. Debizet is involved in the highjacking of these two names, just as he was involved in receiving the stolen 81.com domain name and then trying a cynical tactic to try to hang onto it when it was returned to the victim.

•••
@DirkS all I can say is that in this is not an isolated case and research continues at various levels.

People lose time and money when domains change hands illegitimately. Those that benefit from the peddling of stolen domains often funnel the proceeds into legitimate acquisitions.

•••
Why doesn't godaddy and others ban @Elyn56 ... sorry, i mean Mr. Debizet.

Godaddy's legal team should definitely review this now - @Joe Styler

I would say they are now culpable for future events if they stand by and do nothing.

Last edited:
•••
@DirkS all I can say is that in this is not an isolated case and research continues at various levels.

People lose time and money when domains change hands illegitimately. Those that benefit from the peddling of stolen domains often funnel the proceeds into legitimate acquisitions.
Haha, keep researching and making stuff up and I'll be here calling you on it. (y)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Why did you change the asz to gax? too much attention?

Last edited:
•••
Why did you change the asz to gax? too much attention?
No, not at all. Would you like me to switch it? Send me $200 in crypto and I'll do it.

•••
What happens if the thief is caught? Can members of Name Pros act on behalf of the missing owner to prosecute and have the names returned? Seems to me that there is a lack of "owner/complaint" coming forward to pursue the alleged theft. Most times in a court of law, cases have been thrown out of court for lack of prosecution when the complaint don't come forth with a certain time frame. It is clear that we know who is the original owner before the alleged theft occurred, so is it possible to find them or someone who is legally able to inherit on their behalf. Without such person this can possibly lead to this case falling on deaf ears with many registrars due to the mentioned absent owner not coming fourth to stake his claim. IMO

Last edited:
•••
First off, the idea of a guy with a fake name and 15 posts swearing anything is true, is pretty funny.

Secondly, that case was a fraud by the plaintiff.

The whole docket is here:

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/16206258/debizet-v-81com/

Let's take a look at the lies of Sami Debizet about 81.com.

The domain name had belonged to a Chinese registrant for a long time. The name was stolen, transferred to Sami Debizet at GoDaddy, and then the victim recovered the domain name.

Mr. Debizet then lied about having the name stolen from him (when the theft was reversed) and filed this lawsuit in Virginia.

Take a look at Mr. Debizet's ridiculous declaration, filed with the suit:

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.vaed.453895/gov.uscourts.vaed.453895.1.1.pdf

"3. I obtained the domain name 81.com from GoDaddy on May 7, 2013 for $360,000. (See attachment 1)"

Not only was the domain name registered to someone in China for many years between 2013 and 2019 (when the suit was filed), but the attachment only shows a domain transfer order to GoDaddy for a few dollars.

Knowing that he was lying to a US court, Mr. Debizet included this ridiculous statement in his declaration:

"I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the Country of Dubai that the foregoing is true and correct."

What a stupid thing to put in a declaration filed with a complaint in a US court! Obviously, he knew he was lying, and thus put in a bogus verification statement pertaining to a jurisdiction other than the one in which the paper was submitted.

The surprise was on Mr. Debizet, however, since the rightful owner of the domain name showed up with top shelf litigation counsel (Morgan Lewis), and then Mr. Debizet put his tail between his legs, voluntarily dismissed the bogus lawsuit, and fled.

There is no question in my mind that Mr. Debizet is involved in the highjacking of these two names, just as he was involved in receiving the stolen 81.com domain name and then trying a cynical tactic to try to hang onto it when it was returned to the victim.

It seems like this Sami had some high profile domain lawyers as well? Just wondering about that "proof" of the $360K purchase that was just a receipt for a transfer order...

•••
It seems like this Sami had some high profile domain lawyers as well?

...who probably figured out their client was being less than honest when the other side showed up with some additional facts.

•••
icann.org/uploads/compliance_notice/attachment/1141/hedlund-to-debizet-15aug19.pdf

More trouble with Sami not telling the truth...

•••
domaingang.com/domain-news/large-batch-of-domains-stolen-from-norwegian-domainer-how-did-they-do-it/

More Sami transgressions!!!?!?!

•••
Back