IT.COM

BrandPa.com Experience (Brandable Domain Marketplace)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
BrandPa.com has announced their presence on NamePros...
Hi there! I'm sorry your experience with BB wasn't pleasant :/ If you'd like to try our marketplace please don't hesitate to do so :) We're new in the domaining industry but very eager to learn! Let me know what you think or if you have any questions :) This is us: https://brandpa.com/ (or if you'd like to read about the sellers' rules visit this page: https://brandpa.com/start-selling)

Look forward to hearing from you!
Granted, the above post is from the BrandBucket experience thread, and will likely be deleted for being off topic / wrong thread, it was the first time I heard of them. The founder, @Jowita Emberton, had introduced herself in an earlier thread:

Hi guys! NamePros is a great website to get invaluable information about the domaining industry. As a reader, I'm here pretty much every day. As a writer, I'm starting today :)

I'm the founder of Brandpa (brandpa.com), a domain name marketplace similar to BB, BR or Namerific. We use AI and human knowledge to create and judge the names’ value according to how easy to pronounce and catchy they are.

I'm here to learn, get to know you and your recent experiences with other brandable name marketplaces :) We're still developing the business so any insight on our site (brandpa.com) or anything you're missing from other marketplaces will be very useful :)

Thanks!

I'm creating this thread to discuss their marketplace, and for those who have experiences with them.

Here's what I know so far:

The founder, @Jowita Emberton, runs two other online businesses according to her LinkedIn page.

Delighten.co.uk - Web / brand design firm.

Weddination.com - Polish wedding services

According to her LinkedIn, she has been operating BrandPa since August 2016. Though, the last cached Archive.org screenshot is a server error on October 4, 2016 HERE

BrandPa.com (2006) is registered to Oliver Emberton, founder and managing director of SilkTide.com.

Currently, there are 562 domains published / listed on BrandPa. It appears most domains listed are handregged by the owners. Not 100% on this; I will run a check when my program is working again.

After reviewing their listings, I found two errors.

upload_2017-2-20_14-26-8.png The domain regged is MonoRaptor.com, but the text reads ManoRaptor.com

upload_2017-2-20_14-27-32.png The domain regged is UnknownVenues.com, but the text reads UnknownVenus.com

At first look:

Pros
  • No Listing Fee
  • FREE Logos
  • Domain Owner sets price ($1,000+)
  • Forwards all offers for sellers consideration
  • Brandpa is a pretty memorable / catchy brandable domain.
  • Select 'On-Sale' marketing section
upload_2017-2-20_14-34-49.png

Cons
  • Low Alexa Ranking (4,557,819)
upload_2017-2-20_14-36-32.png
  • New site. Assuming low organic traffic, and low type-in traffic due to quality and quantity of inventory.
  • Piggy-back branding off BrandBucket in site footer see below
upload_2017-2-20_14-45-31.png

upload_2017-2-20_14-41-42.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-42-20.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-43-14.png upload_2017-2-20_14-43-54.png

• Reviews are all from .co.uk domains, yet BrandPa doesn't sell any .co.uk domains. A quick glance at other domains owned by the reviewers and I wasn't able to verify any brandable .com's with history tracing back to BrandPa.
upload_2017-2-20_15-10-41.png

Personal thoughts: I respect that they "allow the seller to submit more domain names" by not charging a listing fee. To me this shows they are willing to work for your exclusivity. Should they gain popularity, I wonder if they'll sustain this business model and/or if their logo / listing quality will decrease over time when resources are spread across the masses.

@Jowita Emberton = Feel free to comment / fill in any of the blanks. :penguin:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My logo for appalyze.com is pretty bad. I know it's "free" but I'm sure I could have probably done a better job,
while drinking and blindfolded. lol.
Sometimes some logos are less great than other, I agree. And that's true with almost any service provided by companies to other people / businesses.

We rarely redesign logos, however, I'll see if there's anything we can do to have this one tweaked :)

•••
Sometimes some logos are less great than other, I agree. And that's true with almost any service provided by companies to other people / businesses.

We rarely redesign logos, however, I'll see if there's anything we can do to have this one tweaked :)

Maybe this one too? )

https://brandpa.com/name/awardbay

Not sure if it is a logo or just a text placeholder :-D

•••
My logo for appalyze.com is pretty bad. I know it's "free" but I'm sure I could have probably done a better job,
while drinking and blindfolded. lol.

I was thinking the same and actually raised the price of a name by 50% because of the strong keyword and got something worse. You can tell something has changed drastically changed lately. I will ask for some redesigns because name, price and logo must all justify each other.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I must have a very dirty mind but it also looks suspiciously like an "adult" action * wink * * wink *
Grub is a slang for food. Luxgrub means luxury food. Am sure you know

•••

Thanks Jowita! The tweaking looks much better and definitely helps this domain now.

•••
•••
Hi namepros. I was reading this thread and I have nothing to complain about BP so far but I was looking at my logo for webemic.com and I need opinions. Isn't this logo too simple? Also, I just noticed, the arrow doesn't seem straight. Don't get me wrong, I love simplicity but I feel like it's too simple. Maybe I'm wrong. What do you think?

brandpa.com/name/webemic

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi @Jowita Emberton
Can you take a look at my previous post about my logo for webemic.com? I appreciate it.

•••
I shall give BP a try! So far I like the personalized responses to why names are rejected. Happy when they are, and looking forward all the more when they sell!

•••
Just had my first 4 names accepted by them, looking forward to seeing how it goes. Will update when sold

•••
Had an offer come through today. Only been using Brandpa for about a month now. Jowita sent me an email directly to inform me and ask how I'd like to proceed. I replied back with a counter. Now waiting for a response from the potential buyer.

Excellent customer service from Brandpa so far, especially by engaging with me directly like that. You can tell they're really passionate and care about their users. Well done to the Brandpa team, keep up the terrific work.

Last edited:
•••
Had an offer come through today. Only been using Brandpa for about a month now. Jowita sent me an email directly to inform me and ask how I'd like to proceed. I replied back with a counter. Now waiting for a response from the potential buyer.

Excellent customer service from Brandpa so far, especially by engaging with me directly like that. You can tell they're really passionate and care about their users. Well done to the Brandpa team, keep up the terrific work.
Good. How many names have you listed so far?

•••
•••
Only 2 listed so far on Brandpa. :) Will be adding more soon.
That's good . I have picked my point. Good luck

•••
•••
•••
No, I have been adding for couple of month, and they started going live about a month ago. So wasn't expecting any sales. I will probably get to 100 names and then if I sell 2+ a year, I am happy.

•••
I just paid for 10 listings. Waiting for them to get listed. My experience with the listing process:
1. Paid for 10 domains via 2 transactions. Did not receive a confirmation of payment success or an invoice/receipt either on the website or via e-mail. I'd have liked a receipt for book keeping purposes!
2. No confirmation that 10 domains have been moved to the approved status. Lack of communication continues.
2. No instructions or help on the website on what happens next. Overall, their self-serve help documentation is non-existant (or at least, too difficult for me to locate).
3. On payment completion, status of the domains changed to approved. What does this mean? What am I supposed to do next? How long does the next step in the listing process take? There is zero information on this. In fact, I wasn't and still am not aware what is the difference betweed accepted and approved (and what is this approval for?).
4. Most importantly, I was previously informed by Anna (Brandpa Support) that I'd get an invite for their Slack channel when my first name is listed. Now they've suddenly changed the criteria for me to have at least a >30% acceptance rate with a minimum of 25 domains accepted. WTH? Why this sudden change in policy with no information. So far, I was trying out all my names which has caused my acceptance rate to reduce. I'd likely have been more picky in my submissions had this requirement been clear. Quite unfair in my opinion.
5. Brandpa support says listing can take 7-14 days. I'll wait and watch so see how long it take.

@Jowita Emberton Can you take a look at the points above and see if they can be addressed?

Thank you

•••
I just paid for 10 listings. Waiting for them to get listed. My experience with the listing process:
1. Paid for 10 domains via 2 transactions. Did not receive a confirmation of payment success or an invoice/receipt either on the website or via e-mail. I'd have liked a receipt for book keeping purposes!
2. No confirmation that 10 domains have been moved to the approved status. Lack of communication continues.
2. No instructions or help on the website on what happens next. Overall, their self-serve help documentation is non-existant (or at least, too difficult for me to locate).
3. On payment completion, status of the domains changed to approved. What does this mean? What am I supposed to do next? How long does the next step in the listing process take? There is zero information on this. In fact, I wasn't and still am not aware what is the difference betweed accepted and approved (and what is this approval for?).
4. Most importantly, I was previously informed by Anna (Brandpa Support) that I'd get an invite for their Slack channel when my first name is listed. Now they've suddenly changed the criteria for me to have at least a >30% acceptance rate with a minimum of 25 domains accepted. WTH? Why this sudden change in policy with no information. So far, I was trying out all my names which has caused my acceptance rate to reduce. I'd likely have been more picky in my submissions had this requirement been clear. Quite unfair in my opinion.
5. Brandpa support says listing can take 7-14 days. I'll wait and watch so see how long it take.

@Jowita Emberton Can you take a look at the points above and see if they can be addressed?

Thank you
Honestly @Jowita Emberton has to lower BP requirements on joining slack. It's tantamount to not allowing anyone there. With BP strict acceptance policy, it will be difficult to achieve 30% acceptance rate. I once got to 27% now reduce to 19% as I add more names. Having a minimum listed names to qualify would have been better or 10% acceptance rate.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back