IT.COM

BrandPa.com Experience (Brandable Domain Marketplace)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
BrandPa.com has announced their presence on NamePros...
Hi there! I'm sorry your experience with BB wasn't pleasant :/ If you'd like to try our marketplace please don't hesitate to do so :) We're new in the domaining industry but very eager to learn! Let me know what you think or if you have any questions :) This is us: https://brandpa.com/ (or if you'd like to read about the sellers' rules visit this page: https://brandpa.com/start-selling)

Look forward to hearing from you!
Granted, the above post is from the BrandBucket experience thread, and will likely be deleted for being off topic / wrong thread, it was the first time I heard of them. The founder, @Jowita Emberton, had introduced herself in an earlier thread:

Hi guys! NamePros is a great website to get invaluable information about the domaining industry. As a reader, I'm here pretty much every day. As a writer, I'm starting today :)

I'm the founder of Brandpa (brandpa.com), a domain name marketplace similar to BB, BR or Namerific. We use AI and human knowledge to create and judge the names’ value according to how easy to pronounce and catchy they are.

I'm here to learn, get to know you and your recent experiences with other brandable name marketplaces :) We're still developing the business so any insight on our site (brandpa.com) or anything you're missing from other marketplaces will be very useful :)

Thanks!

I'm creating this thread to discuss their marketplace, and for those who have experiences with them.

Here's what I know so far:

The founder, @Jowita Emberton, runs two other online businesses according to her LinkedIn page.

Delighten.co.uk - Web / brand design firm.

Weddination.com - Polish wedding services

According to her LinkedIn, she has been operating BrandPa since August 2016. Though, the last cached Archive.org screenshot is a server error on October 4, 2016 HERE

BrandPa.com (2006) is registered to Oliver Emberton, founder and managing director of SilkTide.com.

Currently, there are 562 domains published / listed on BrandPa. It appears most domains listed are handregged by the owners. Not 100% on this; I will run a check when my program is working again.

After reviewing their listings, I found two errors.

upload_2017-2-20_14-26-8.png The domain regged is MonoRaptor.com, but the text reads ManoRaptor.com

upload_2017-2-20_14-27-32.png The domain regged is UnknownVenues.com, but the text reads UnknownVenus.com

At first look:

Pros
  • No Listing Fee
  • FREE Logos
  • Domain Owner sets price ($1,000+)
  • Forwards all offers for sellers consideration
  • Brandpa is a pretty memorable / catchy brandable domain.
  • Select 'On-Sale' marketing section
upload_2017-2-20_14-34-49.png

Cons
  • Low Alexa Ranking (4,557,819)
upload_2017-2-20_14-36-32.png
  • New site. Assuming low organic traffic, and low type-in traffic due to quality and quantity of inventory.
  • Piggy-back branding off BrandBucket in site footer see below
upload_2017-2-20_14-45-31.png

upload_2017-2-20_14-41-42.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-42-20.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-43-14.png upload_2017-2-20_14-43-54.png

• Reviews are all from .co.uk domains, yet BrandPa doesn't sell any .co.uk domains. A quick glance at other domains owned by the reviewers and I wasn't able to verify any brandable .com's with history tracing back to BrandPa.
upload_2017-2-20_15-10-41.png

Personal thoughts: I respect that they "allow the seller to submit more domain names" by not charging a listing fee. To me this shows they are willing to work for your exclusivity. Should they gain popularity, I wonder if they'll sustain this business model and/or if their logo / listing quality will decrease over time when resources are spread across the masses.

@Jowita Emberton = Feel free to comment / fill in any of the blanks. :penguin:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My domain GetRank.com has been approved and I kept BrandPa's suggested price. I hope it will be sold soon.

•••
Mine too. I even made the price down, just so I can sell it faster. It's not about the money with this domain, its about seeing how brandable market is from my perspective.

•••
•••
So far I like the look and logos and smooth site.

A side question though, I got an offer on a domain I have listed at Brandpa but the offer was outside of Brandpa, could we get some confirmation how this works if we decide to sell the name outside of the MP and to a third party instead? @Oliver Emberton maybe could shed some light on this?

•••
I think that it's all great that we have a new marketplace, probably they are pumping some cash in adwords and they will make some sales in the beginning. My question are: It's somebody who started just over one year ago capable to make the right choices regarding which brandables are the right one's? I know from a thread from a few months ago that they were asking help that they were just starting out, so I wonder why they think they can do better than BB or BR? Also, for example I have submitted a few months ago some names an one of them was fishcake.com....I own fishcake.co and by mistake I have put .com, but the idea is that the response is that fishcake.com is not good enough to be branded. So, if you can't brand something like fishcake, how could you brand some invented names? Also, I have submitted names that were accepted at 2k at BB but they were accepting it at 6k. So, BB can't sell it at at 2k after 10 years of activity, I could not sell it for 1.5k at afternic and sedo, but they can get 6k...it's somehow strange. Also, they have some names like boring.co at 25k I know that some co's can go for high prices, but this is a .co ending in 'ing' and with a negative connotation at 25k....If you ask me, I think that it could work for the equivalent .com ( the highest sale was dating.co, for 30k 4 years ago)
Also, I could see that there are some reported sales, but at over 2k names, you should sale 40 names just to reach 2% of the sale rate, I don't think that they have sold 40 names.
Probably they will make some sales in the end, but I have a feeling that they can't keep up and we will see a new namerific reloaded.

•••
@boker Boring.Co is an Elon Musk business... most likely why the high price.

From this thread it looks like they did sell a few names (only the ones shown here seem 100% but I'm sure there are more no one mentioned for various reasons.)

I think Brandpa is making the right moves so far. (y)

•••
I agree with Boker that Brandpa is still getting its feet wet and their pricing in some cases seems off. But that's how it goes with any new business, you try things and discard what doesn't work and keep doing the things that get good results. They seem to be making progress and hopefully they will be successful.

In the end our opinions don't matter. It's all about sales and profits and they are still open, so things must be going OK.

Last edited:
•••
@boker Boring.Co is an Elon Musk business... most likely why the high price.

From this thread it looks like they did sell a few names (only the ones shown here seem 100% but I'm sure there are more no one mentioned for various reasons.)

I think Brandpa is making the right moves so far. (y)
From what I could see, there are around 15-20 reported sale, let's say that there is the same amount of sales unreported, but that's still under 2% for a year( they have started last year in january with some hand reg names) I'm making some sales, you are making some sales, for now, with over 2k names it's nothing special, there are big chances to sale some out of 2k brandables without listing them anywhere. This is just my opinion, seeing what they accept and what they reject and at what prices( like fishcake.com) I have names accepted by BB, BR, NR, with 17 inquiries on my private email and rejected by Brandpa, so it's just something that it's not really clear. I think that like everybody, the owners have they own personal taste, but I will not want others to make experiments to see if they are fit for this industry using my names....so I will use my landing pages for now.

Last edited:
•••
Just because a name is listed for $25,000, it doesn’t mean brandpa suggested it.

You can pretty much set what price you like on their platform.

•••
Ah.... that explains it. Thanks!

•••
I think that it's all great that we have a new marketplace, probably they are pumping some cash in adwords and they will make some sales in the beginning. My question are: It's somebody who started just over one year ago capable to make the right choices regarding which brandables are the right one's? I know from a thread from a few months ago that they were asking help that they were just starting out, so I wonder why they think they can do better than BB or BR? Also, for example I have submitted a few months ago some names an one of them was fishcake.com....I own fishcake.co and by mistake I have put .com, but the idea is that the response is that fishcake.com is not good enough to be branded. So, if you can't brand something like fishcake, how could you brand some invented names? Also, I have submitted names that were accepted at 2k at BB but they were accepting it at 6k. So, BB can't sell it at at 2k after 10 years of activity, I could not sell it for 1.5k at afternic and sedo, but they can get 6k...it's somehow strange. Also, they have some names like boring.co at 25k I know that some co's can go for high prices, but this is a .co ending in 'ing' and with a negative connotation at 25k....If you ask me, I think that it could work for the equivalent .com ( the highest sale was dating.co, for 30k 4 years ago)
Also, I could see that there are some reported sales, but at over 2k names, you should sale 40 names just to reach 2% of the sale rate, I don't think that they have sold 40 names.
Probably they will make some sales in the end, but I have a feeling that they can't keep up and we will see a new namerific reloaded.

20-40 sales wouldn't be sufficient to support such a business. Their commission would be only around $15K to 30K assuming 3K average sale price.

Given small inventory and lots of enthusiasm I assume they might have 3-4% and higher sell rate and probably intend to get to 20K+ names eventually.

I decided to give them a try as well.

Already have 5 names approved and paid. Will bring to 50-100 names, similar to what I have with BB and BR.

•••
20-40 sales wouldn't be sufficient to support such a business. Their commission would be only around $15K to 30K assuming 3K average sale price.

Given small inventory and lots of enthusiasm I assume they might have 3-4% and higher sell rate and probably intend to get to 20K+ names eventually.

I decided to give them a try as well.

Already have 5 names approved and paid. Will bring to 50-100 names, similar to what I have with BB and BR.

Welcome aboard! :)

I've started at BP last March with only a few names, and now I have a ~70 domain portfolio. I sold 2 domains a few weeks ago, so the sell rate in my case is higher than 3-4%. Of course I can be lucky, or have better names than the average, but I think the overall sell rate is higher than the industry average.

I'm not sure if Jowita would like to expand the business to Brandbucket level, because we all see what happens if the inventory is artificially inflated. The acceptance rate dramatically dropped at Brandpa, mine from 30+% to less than 15%, which is a good sign, and helps Brandpa becoming a quality marketplace.

The only feature I miss is the acceptance of unregistered names, it was shut down 2 weeks ago. I hope there will be a paid and/or limited option to keep submitting unregged domains.

•••
The one thing i miss in Brandpa is domain price change settings , once listed there is no option to change price , I want to lower prices for domains on BP but there is no option so far.

•••
The one thing i miss in Brandpa is domain price change settings , once listed there is no option to change price , I want to lower prices for domains on BP but there is no option so far.

I think you can send an email to BP support asking a price change.

•••
You can also adjust the negotiation setting at any time which lets you decide the lowest offers that come through etc.

I went to Brandpa specifically because they let you have a say in the price. It’s our domains we should have a say in the price.

At the other place great names are sometimes priced super low and some terrible names are accepted routinely. Different business models and different opinions.

There could be thousands of brandable marketplaces and they would have varying opinions on what is a good name and what is not. The difference in opinions is to be expected.

Taking my chances in a smaller more selective marketplace. They have rejected some of my names and I take no offense to that.

•••
I submitted some names to Brandpa on February 2. Still no word back.

In contrast, I submitted three names to BrandBucket on February 5 and 6 and already got them approved yesterday. So not too impressed with Brandpa so far....

•••
I submitted some names to Brandpa on February 2. Still no word back.

In contrast, I submitted three names to BrandBucket on February 5 and 6 and already got them approved yesterday. So not too impressed with Brandpa so far....

You paid to submit at BB so you should get a timely reply This isn’t a comparison thread although it’s certainly turning into that.

Brandpa does take awhile as of late to accept or reject. Thats in part because up until very recently they were accepting unregistered submissions so likely tons of people were submitting the allowed ten per day.

•••
You paid to submit at BB so you should get a timely reply This isn’t a comparison thread although it’s certainly turning into that.

Brandpa does take awhile as of late to accept or reject. Thats in part because up until very recently they were accepting unregistered submissions so likely tons of people were submitting the allowed ten per day.

Well to be fair to BP, not to long ago BB was taking almost a month to accept or decline submitted names.
When they were fairly new, so 7-8 days might seem like an eternity it is a relatively short time.
BB has stepped up their game though with 3-4 day turn around. That is very impressive.
It's not the time that it takes to review names that makes a great company, it's the rate at which they can sell domains. IMO.
It is a very exciting time for both companies IMO. One is just starting to gain momentum while the other is trying to keep their hold and move forward also. Time will tell as always. I think they are both doing a great job helping us and giving us an outlet to sell and make money. Without them there would surely be less money being made. again IMO.

•••
my experience:
1 domain sold at BB, 3 at brandpa (also rejected 2 offers - they seemed to be serious). During last year.
  • The sold domain at BB was rejected at Brandpa,
  • The 3 sold domains at Brandpa were rejected by BB.
  • Only some of my domains were accepted at both platforms.

Conclusion:
Domains are subject to a personal taste (nothing new here ))) )

Advertising:
currently selling some of Brandpa domains - 1 day left in the auction https://www.namepros.com/threads/br...art-price-puresquad-com.1063408/#post-6559428

•••
my experience:
1 domain sold at BB, 3 at brandpa (also rejected 2 offers - they seemed to be serious). During last year.
  • The sold domain at BB was rejected at Brandpa,
  • The 3 sold domains at Brandpa were rejected by BB.
  • Only some of my domains were accepted at both platforms.

Conclusion:
Domains are subject to a personal taste (nothing new here ))) )

Advertising:
currently selling some of Brandpa domains - 1 day left in the auction https://www.namepros.com/threads/br...art-price-puresquad-com.1063408/#post-6559428

That's the perfect scenario and the great thing about brandables.

•••
Just sold another name at BP. Will post soon after it's completed.

•••
Just sold another name at BP. Will post soon after it's completed.
I'm curious if the buyers are coming from BP advertising or they are buyers who just checked the landing pages. Did you ever tried to find out where from the buyers are coming? I'm asking, because I can't see any advertising coming from brandpa and I didn't hear anything about them having connections with startup communities.

•••
I'm curious if the buyers are coming from BP advertising or they are buyers who just checked the landing pages. Did you ever tried to find out where from the buyers are coming? I'm asking, because I can't see any advertising coming from brandpa and I didn't hear anything about them having connections with startup communities.
They may not be paying for advertising on social media platforms or google ppc, but they do come up organically when searching for relative key words just like BB BR.. etc.

•••
They having boring.co at 25k because they are hoping to sell it to Elon Musk's tunnel making company named Boring Company.

•••
Getting back to Brandpa, I do like the fact that they allow you to suggest pricing - and apparently by much more than the maximum 20 percent at BB.

I also got a Brandpa support message at close to 10PM their local time last night, so I will retract my earlier post that I am not impressed with them so far :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back