IT.COM

BrandPa.com Experience (Brandable Domain Marketplace)

NameSilo
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
BrandPa.com has announced their presence on NamePros...
Hi there! I'm sorry your experience with BB wasn't pleasant :/ If you'd like to try our marketplace please don't hesitate to do so :) We're new in the domaining industry but very eager to learn! Let me know what you think or if you have any questions :) This is us: https://brandpa.com/ (or if you'd like to read about the sellers' rules visit this page: https://brandpa.com/start-selling)

Look forward to hearing from you!
Granted, the above post is from the BrandBucket experience thread, and will likely be deleted for being off topic / wrong thread, it was the first time I heard of them. The founder, @Jowita Emberton, had introduced herself in an earlier thread:

Hi guys! NamePros is a great website to get invaluable information about the domaining industry. As a reader, I'm here pretty much every day. As a writer, I'm starting today :)

I'm the founder of Brandpa (brandpa.com), a domain name marketplace similar to BB, BR or Namerific. We use AI and human knowledge to create and judge the names’ value according to how easy to pronounce and catchy they are.

I'm here to learn, get to know you and your recent experiences with other brandable name marketplaces :) We're still developing the business so any insight on our site (brandpa.com) or anything you're missing from other marketplaces will be very useful :)

Thanks!

I'm creating this thread to discuss their marketplace, and for those who have experiences with them.

Here's what I know so far:

The founder, @Jowita Emberton, runs two other online businesses according to her LinkedIn page.

Delighten.co.uk - Web / brand design firm.

Weddination.com - Polish wedding services

According to her LinkedIn, she has been operating BrandPa since August 2016. Though, the last cached Archive.org screenshot is a server error on October 4, 2016 HERE

BrandPa.com (2006) is registered to Oliver Emberton, founder and managing director of SilkTide.com.

Currently, there are 562 domains published / listed on BrandPa. It appears most domains listed are handregged by the owners. Not 100% on this; I will run a check when my program is working again.

After reviewing their listings, I found two errors.

upload_2017-2-20_14-26-8.png The domain regged is MonoRaptor.com, but the text reads ManoRaptor.com

upload_2017-2-20_14-27-32.png The domain regged is UnknownVenues.com, but the text reads UnknownVenus.com

At first look:

Pros
  • No Listing Fee
  • FREE Logos
  • Domain Owner sets price ($1,000+)
  • Forwards all offers for sellers consideration
  • Brandpa is a pretty memorable / catchy brandable domain.
  • Select 'On-Sale' marketing section
upload_2017-2-20_14-34-49.png

Cons
  • Low Alexa Ranking (4,557,819)
upload_2017-2-20_14-36-32.png
  • New site. Assuming low organic traffic, and low type-in traffic due to quality and quantity of inventory.
  • Piggy-back branding off BrandBucket in site footer see below
upload_2017-2-20_14-45-31.png

upload_2017-2-20_14-41-42.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-42-20.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-43-14.png upload_2017-2-20_14-43-54.png

• Reviews are all from .co.uk domains, yet BrandPa doesn't sell any .co.uk domains. A quick glance at other domains owned by the reviewers and I wasn't able to verify any brandable .com's with history tracing back to BrandPa.
upload_2017-2-20_15-10-41.png

Personal thoughts: I respect that they "allow the seller to submit more domain names" by not charging a listing fee. To me this shows they are willing to work for your exclusivity. Should they gain popularity, I wonder if they'll sustain this business model and/or if their logo / listing quality will decrease over time when resources are spread across the masses.

@Jowita Emberton = Feel free to comment / fill in any of the blanks. :penguin:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm also curious as to why Brandpa has such a pitiful Twitter presence compared to other marketplaces. 436 followers total? That's low enough to show that they're not even trying to build a real marketing presence, which is a huge disservice to sellers AND potential buyers. They're tweeting out an available domain regularly but they hardly ever see any interaction (likes, retweets, replies) at all. I'd be very curious to see what their conversion ratio is for actual link clicks.

Social media is such an important marketing tool today and it's amazing to me that a major marketplace has made, from what I can tell, zero effort to get its domains in front of buyers that way. Is there a marketing staff at all?

•••
I'm also curious as to why Brandpa has such a pitiful Twitter presence compared to other marketplaces. 436 followers total? That's low enough to show that they're not even trying to build a real marketing presence, which is a huge disservice to sellers AND potential buyers. They're tweeting out an available domain regularly but they hardly ever see any interaction (likes, retweets, replies) at all. I'd be very curious to see what their conversion ratio is for actual link clicks.

Social media is such an important marketing tool today and it's amazing to me that a major marketplace has made, from what I can tell, zero effort to get its domains in front of buyers that way. Is there a marketing staff at all?

They were recently started tweeting after I told her via Slack channel (it was when I was in their channel I am no more there because of 'change of policy') otherwise they just sit idle & wait for their 25% commission.

Honestly,

At the start, I thought BP is different than other marketplace but it was a mistake. Hope they change & invest some of their 25% commission cut into marketing & paid advertising.

•••
Have they said that or just speculation?

Not speculation it was mentioned to me during a recent sale I had on Brandpa. I am sure there will be formal announcements when its a go.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I agree, it is a great move and it will hopefully result in many more sales
The link to general set the installments for all names is not working and I reported it. However, the names can be set for installments one by one and it works.

•••
The link to general set the installments for all names is not working and I reported it. However, the names can be set for installments one by one and it works.

I saw on slack that Jowita is working on the problem

•••
You can only get paid by bank account ? For the first time BP is asking for payment method and only providing ABA or SWIFT code (bank) payments for US customers ?

•••
BP shows this in their knowledge base:

How can I get paid for my domains?
  • Created: 04/05/2018
If you sell your domains on Brandpa, there are several ways you can get paid.

1. PayPal
    This is fast and simplest to set up. All we need is your PayPal email address.
  2. Bank wire transfer
    If you can’t use PayPal for some reason, we support direct payments into your bank account. We need a few more details, and international wire transfers can take a few days to process (we’re based in the UK).
  3. Payoneer
    Under special circumstances, where PayPal is not available in your country, we can alternatively pay you via Payoneer. This method is only available on request. If a seller decides to be paid by Payoneer, they will need to cover 50% of the transaction fee (which is dependent upon the amount that is being transferred). The other 50% will be covered by us.
You can tell Brandpa your payment details by logging in to your seller account and clicking Settings. To request Payoneer for your account, click Submit a request at the top of this page.
But as of today I only see bank payments. Anybody else see this ?

Last edited:
•••
But as of today I only see bank payments. Anybody else see this ?

Me two - I have asked Jowita on slack whether it is still possible to be paid via Paypal and waiting for an answer

•••
Me two - I have asked Jowita on slack whether it is still possible to be paid via Paypal and waiting for an answer
If not, then I am closing my account.

•••
@NYJimbo There is no PayPal option if you are receiving the payment.

•••
@NYJimbo There is no PayPal option if you are receiving the payment.
Not anymore. Read my post about their knowledge base. They removed it.

I did not agree to their terms to be forced now to use a bank account.

•••
Nice, so they just changed that page today with the payment info but kept the change date to the 2018 date: >:(

How can I get paid for my domains?
  • Created: 04/05/2018 < ----
If you sell your domains on Brandpa, there are two ways you can get paid.

1. Transferwise
    For 99% of sellers, we use Transferwise to make direct payments into your bank account. Transferwise typically allows us to pay as soon as the same day, and as late as after 2 days, depending on your country. They are also incredibly efficient at transferring between currencies, typically saving you a lot of money that other companies would take out of your earnings.
  2. Payoneer
    Under special circumstances, where Transferwise is not available in your country, we can alternatively pay you via Payoneer. This method is only available on request. If a seller decides to be paid by Payoneer, they will need to cover 50% of the transaction fee (which is dependent upon the amount that is being transferred). The other 50% will be covered by us.
Historically we have offered PayPal as a payout option to sellers. Unfortunately this option is more expensive to both ourselves and our sellers – as we’re based in the UK, we have to pay extra fees to wire money from the US to the UK and back to the US, and PayPal’s markup on this is exorbitant. If you used to receive payment via PayPal, tell us and we will continue to pay you via PayPal for the time being.

You can tell Brandpa your payment details by logging in to your seller account and clicking Settings. To request Payoneer or PayPal for your account, click Submit a request at the top of this page.
Not cool BP, you should have warned people this was coming. (n)

Last edited:
•••
Transferwise works like a charm. I got paid with money in my bank the next day. If you contact Jowita and Brandpa support instead of huff and puff they will allow exceptions for people who are resistant to change. I would be prepared for this to happen more elsewhere as PP fees are constantly rising.

•••
Transferwise works like a charm. I got paid with money in my bank the next day. If you contact Jowita and Brandpa support instead of huff and puff they will allow exceptions for people who are resistant to change. I would be prepared for this to happen more elsewhere as PP fees are constantly rising.
Its not huffing and puffing, its having it taken away with no warning. I'm also not resistant to change, as I said I dont like having something taken away without any heads up.

BP will soon only allow bank deposits, probably time to move on, almost everyone else allows paypal.

Last edited:
•••
I also prefer TW over PP (because lower fees, PP fees sucks), but I can understand why people want to use PP. It was not a good move from seller point of view.

•••
BP charges only 25% and being based in UK their PP+credit card costs might take away another 5%+. That leaves under 20% for them to run with. So, understandably, they are trying to save wherever they can.

•••
Its not huffing and puffing, its having it taken away with no warning. I'm also not resistant to change, as I said I dont like having something taken away without any heads up.

BP will soon only allow bank deposits, probably time to move on, almost everyone else allows paypal.

Can I ask what your issue is with using your bank? They also allow Payoneer.

Look I love PP too but Brandpa has been paying the fees instead of us. Maybe if you had to pay the fees you would see it a little differently. They have already said on Slack they can make concessions for people who are insistent on PP.

•••
Well, just closed my account and am moving my domains elsewhere. So that's over....

•••
Well, just closed my account and am moving my domains elsewhere. So that's over....

@NYJimbo Not that serious my friend. As long payment comes into my account, i am good. :xf.wink:

•••
I have over 400 domains published with Brandpa and have not sold any yet but still i don't talk bad about them. It is my choice to stay with them.
Except you have not sold one so far and assuming your per-domain renewals are about $10, you will have to spend $4,000 to keep those domains at BP (exclusively) for another year.

So you dont care about how you get paid, as long as you get paid, but you have not made a sale and are LOSING money staying with them ? O_o

Yeah.... moving on....

Last edited:
•••
At least brandpa has given some notification about the change of payment. They are care less about their "small seller" the same has been done with the slack channel. An immediate kick out on people who are with BP from the day first with an "unacceptable" policy. I still don't get about their slack policy.

I only have one listed name with them hope they sell it for me. No more interested of giving them $5 per name.

•••
Except you have not sold one so far and assuming your per-domain renewals are about $10, you will have to spend $4,000 to keep those domains at BP (exclusively) for another year.

So you dont care about how you get paid, as long as you get paid, but you have not made a sale and are LOSING money staying with them ? O_o

Yeah.... moving on....

Actually sold 1 this month. Payment was in my account next day.

You are right about renewals, but at the end i will still make money.

Last edited:
•••
Actually sold 1 this month. Payment was in my account next day.

You right are right about renewals, but at the end i will still make money.
Post the name. Otherwise, I doubt things changed in just the last few weeks.

•••
Back