Dynadot

BrandPa.com Experience (Brandable Domain Marketplace)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
BrandPa.com has announced their presence on NamePros...
Hi there! I'm sorry your experience with BB wasn't pleasant :/ If you'd like to try our marketplace please don't hesitate to do so :) We're new in the domaining industry but very eager to learn! Let me know what you think or if you have any questions :) This is us: https://brandpa.com/ (or if you'd like to read about the sellers' rules visit this page: https://brandpa.com/start-selling)

Look forward to hearing from you!
Granted, the above post is from the BrandBucket experience thread, and will likely be deleted for being off topic / wrong thread, it was the first time I heard of them. The founder, @Jowita Emberton, had introduced herself in an earlier thread:

Hi guys! NamePros is a great website to get invaluable information about the domaining industry. As a reader, I'm here pretty much every day. As a writer, I'm starting today :)

I'm the founder of Brandpa (brandpa.com), a domain name marketplace similar to BB, BR or Namerific. We use AI and human knowledge to create and judge the names’ value according to how easy to pronounce and catchy they are.

I'm here to learn, get to know you and your recent experiences with other brandable name marketplaces :) We're still developing the business so any insight on our site (brandpa.com) or anything you're missing from other marketplaces will be very useful :)

Thanks!

I'm creating this thread to discuss their marketplace, and for those who have experiences with them.

Here's what I know so far:

The founder, @Jowita Emberton, runs two other online businesses according to her LinkedIn page.

Delighten.co.uk - Web / brand design firm.

Weddination.com - Polish wedding services

According to her LinkedIn, she has been operating BrandPa since August 2016. Though, the last cached Archive.org screenshot is a server error on October 4, 2016 HERE

BrandPa.com (2006) is registered to Oliver Emberton, founder and managing director of SilkTide.com.

Currently, there are 562 domains published / listed on BrandPa. It appears most domains listed are handregged by the owners. Not 100% on this; I will run a check when my program is working again.

After reviewing their listings, I found two errors.

upload_2017-2-20_14-26-8.png The domain regged is MonoRaptor.com, but the text reads ManoRaptor.com

upload_2017-2-20_14-27-32.png The domain regged is UnknownVenues.com, but the text reads UnknownVenus.com

At first look:

Pros
  • No Listing Fee
  • FREE Logos
  • Domain Owner sets price ($1,000+)
  • Forwards all offers for sellers consideration
  • Brandpa is a pretty memorable / catchy brandable domain.
  • Select 'On-Sale' marketing section
upload_2017-2-20_14-34-49.png

Cons
  • Low Alexa Ranking (4,557,819)
upload_2017-2-20_14-36-32.png
  • New site. Assuming low organic traffic, and low type-in traffic due to quality and quantity of inventory.
  • Piggy-back branding off BrandBucket in site footer see below
upload_2017-2-20_14-45-31.png

upload_2017-2-20_14-41-42.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-42-20.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-43-14.png upload_2017-2-20_14-43-54.png

• Reviews are all from .co.uk domains, yet BrandPa doesn't sell any .co.uk domains. A quick glance at other domains owned by the reviewers and I wasn't able to verify any brandable .com's with history tracing back to BrandPa.
upload_2017-2-20_15-10-41.png

Personal thoughts: I respect that they "allow the seller to submit more domain names" by not charging a listing fee. To me this shows they are willing to work for your exclusivity. Should they gain popularity, I wonder if they'll sustain this business model and/or if their logo / listing quality will decrease over time when resources are spread across the masses.

@Jowita Emberton = Feel free to comment / fill in any of the blanks. :penguin:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I requested a second opinion on Rulur and it was accepted this time. Very quick response and excellent customer service as always.

•••
I requested a second opinion on Rulur and it was accepted this time. Very quick response and excellent customer service as always.
Good for you :xf.wink:

You speak here out of the fear, you got the result and the name deserves to be accepted as a pure brandable domain name compare to there marketplace names, its a strong sellable name.

Some more "Brandable name listed on BP"
afformity :xf.eek:
capsody $7k :xf.confused:

•••
You might agree with their selections or not, but 5-6% sell-through is amazing achievement by them and they have their formula figured out for what works and what doesn't.

I submitted one name that was rejected by both BB and BR and was surprised BP accepted it (I personally liked it) and what do you know, they sold it for $3,700 shortly thereafter. The name even made it into their newsletter of what makes a good name.

Other names that they rejected sold successfully via Afternic, so it is not like I am dropping their rejects, but Afternic gives me about 1-2% sell-through and cannot be compared with 5-6%+ I am seeing with BP.

Oh, and BB is down to 0% for last few months although I have more names listed with them than I have with BP and they had a "first look" at the names.

•••
What I would like to know is how do Brandpa and similar sites attract end users. I ask because I have been in business many times in my years and have known many other business owners both offline and online businesses. No one I have ever known looked to a 3rd party to name their business for them.

And if you check search metrics for "brandable name", "brandable domains", "brandable domain names", "brandable business names", etc these keyword searches only have a few hundred searches a month, some not even 100. Heck, "brandable website names" shows a big 0 searches.

And I have a hunch that the vast majority of these searches are done by domainers :/, not those seeking to start a business.

Do they have relationships with marketing agencies?

•••
I just decided to submit 2 domains, but it appears BrandPa only allow you to register if you have 10 domains to submit :xf.confused:

I only read about 17 pages of this 31-page thread, so I'm sorry of this "issue" has already been addressed.

Seems like a silly policy, but maybe I'm wrong. But my logic is that it forces people to submit domains they don't want to really submit or they know will be rejected just to get their foot in the door....which in turn creates a larger backlog for BP.

Last edited:
•••
I just decided to submit 2 domains, but it appears BrandPa only allow you to register if you have 10 domains to submit :xf.confused:

I only read about 17 pages of this 31-page thread, so I'm sorry of this "issue" has already been addressed.

Seems like a silly policy, but maybe I'm wrong. But my logic is that it forces people to submit domains they don't want to really submit or they know will be rejected just to get their foot in the door....which in turn creates a larger backlog for BP.

You can submit 1 domain at a time. The policy is you can only submit 10 domains a week.

•••
What I would like to know is how do Brandpa and similar sites attract end users. I ask because I have been in business many times in my years and have known many other business owners both offline and online businesses. No one I have ever known looked to a 3rd party to name their business for them.

And if you check search metrics for "brandable name", "brandable domains", "brandable domain names", "brandable business names", etc these keyword searches only have a few hundred searches a month, some not even 100. Heck, "brandable website names" shows a big 0 searches.

And I have a hunch that the vast majority of these searches are done by domainers :/, not those seeking to start a business.

I'm sure they have many connections in the world of domains, but many more connections in the world of graphic design and marketing.

•••
You can submit 1 domain at a time. The policy is you can only submit 10 domains a week.

Actually, I just checked again and it only allows 5 domain minimum (not the 10 I mentioned earlier). The submit application button is inactive until you enter 5 domains.

KFeTWMO.png

07zvSiy.png

Last edited:
•••
Actually, I just checked again and it only allows 5 domain minimum (not the 10 I mentioned earlier). The submit application button is inactive until you enter 5 domains.

I completely overlooked the fact that you're registering a new account with BrandPa. I thought you already had an account. With an active account, you don't have to submit 5 at a time to submit a new domain for consideration. Please dismiss my previous comment.

•••

People search for "business name" or similar. 22K exact searches for this one.

"Brandable" is mostly used by domain investors.

•••
I'm starting to get a better picture here. Brandpa does not seem to want to deal with someone who only has one or 2 or 3 brandable domains, no matter how good they may be. They seem to only want sellers that show a history of regging good brandable names...

x0v39yo.png

They don't just determine if your domains are a good fit, but if "you" are a good fit.

I find it odd that they judge "you" the seller (not just the domain(s)) and their criteria for judging the seller is how many domains you are willing to submit upon registration? :xf.confused:

But hey, it's not my business, it's theirs. Although I do think it's great that they seem to want quality over quantity, this just makes no sense.

bpoDJ5s.png

Last edited:
•••
People search for "business name" or similar. 22K exact searches for this one.

"Brandable" is mostly used by domain investors.

And I'd bet 15K of those 22K are actually looking for websites that search govt databases for already-registered business names. But I could be wrong.

Last edited:
•••
You might agree with their selections or not, but 5-6% sell-through is amazing achievement by them and they have their formula figured out for what works and what doesn't.

I submitted one name that was rejected by both BB and BR and was surprised BP accepted it (I personally liked it) and what do you know, they sold it for $3,700 shortly thereafter. The name even made it into their newsletter of what makes a good name.

Other names that they rejected sold successfully via Afternic, so it is not like I am dropping their rejects, but Afternic gives me about 1-2% sell-through and cannot be compared with 5-6%+ I am seeing with BP.

Oh, and BB is down to 0% for last few months although I have more names listed with them than I have with BP and they had a "first look" at the names.

5% to 6% sell-through rate I bet you where wrongly typed it. Do you mean to say 0.6%?

As far as I knew there is not much deals are getting closed by BP. I have a data but i thinks its not good to share it publicly.

@EbookLover BP doesn't do any marketing as far as I knew I might be wrong but I don't see any of there marketing ads.

I do think it's great that they seem to want quality over quantity
I have shared some name in this thread just look above some post "if people here thinks its quality names then what I can say".

•••
Well, the thing about "high quality" brandable names, it really is subjective regardless of what a lot of domainers want to believe. I mean, there are obvious winners and obvious losers, but the vast majority are subject to end-user/buyer tastes. So you or I might think that many domains on a brandable domain website are junk but that doesn't mean they won't sell for low XXXX. If these sites were to list only obviously great domains, they would not have many since most domainers aren't looking to sell on these sites (it seems).

•••
Previous month I counted myself 15 BB domains got sold from 1st Feb to 15th Feb.

I can share all the sold name privately if you want to knew more .

•••
5% to 6% sell-through rate I bet you where wrongly typed it. Do you mean to say 0.6%?

As far as I knew there is not much deals are getting closed by BP. I have a data but i thinks its not good to share it publicly.

@EbookLover BP doesn't do any marketing as far as I knew I might be wrong but I don't see any of there marketing ads.

I have shared some name in this thread just look above some post "if people here thinks its quality names then what I can say".

5.4% was reported on days by Brandpa. Down from 6.6%, but also with higher average price (tougher negotiations) and tripling the inventory.

It is also in line with my own experience. 8 sales in about a year with an average inventory size of about 100 over the period (net proceeds of $19.3K)

•••
Previous month I counted myself 15 BB domains got sold from 1st Feb to 15th Feb.

I can share all the sold name privately if you want to knew more .

How did you count it?

15x2=30. 30x12=360. Out of how many names 50000? 55000? That is less than 1% annual.

They might even be close to 2%, but then with preferential treatment of insider names, outsiders see closer to 1% and after 30% commission and 100$ logo fee, it is not any better than just listing on Afternic.

•••
I'm starting to get a better picture here. Brandpa does not seem to want to deal with someone who only has one or 2 or 3 brandable domains, no matter how good they may be. They seem to only want sellers that show a history of regging good brandable names...

don't take it personally

I own about 5000 domains

but they didn't like the ones I submitted:

"
Frank,

Unfortunately, your application to join the Brandpa marketplace has been rejected.

This is usually because the sample domain names that you provided were not a good fit for our marketplace.

"

so what
undeveloped does the job

•••
What I would like to know is how do Brandpa and similar sites attract end users.

One Tactic, They run paid Instagram and FB ads....I've seen them on both platforms. MANY people are still unaware of FB marketing manager and insta...as most people use it socially and not to sell....I use to sell T-shirts on FB with the ads Manger...very in depth marketing tool . With a good FB page and a fine tuned Ads manager ....you don't even need seo to hit your "target" audience....it (you can)will put it right in front of them

Last edited:
•••
don't take it personally

I own about 5000 domains

but they didn't like the ones I submitted:

"
Frank,

Unfortunately, your application to join the Brandpa marketplace has been rejected.

This is usually because the sample domain names that you provided were not a good fit for our marketplace.

"

so what
undeveloped does the job

Nah, I'm not taking it personally. No sweat. I read 17 pages of this thread and read about how they were backlogged. Then I do to register a couple domains and they want 5 domains submitted. Then I see that they judge the seller by the # of good domains she submits?

And I'm scratching my head like WTF? What if had THE best brandable domain in the world and it's the only one I have. Does that mean I, as a domainer, am subpar? LOL.

It's just odd, that's all.

•••
Then I see that they judge the seller by the # of good domains she submits?
And I'm scratching my head like WTF? What if had THE best brandable domain in the world and it's the only one I have. Does that mean I, as a domainer, am subpar? LOL.

It's just odd, that's all.

Um, actualiy it makes a lot of sense to me. "Best Brandable" is SoSubjective... And people who register/own brandables (vs keyword/dictionary words) usually have many more than one...it's addictive. Most of us can relate. :)

Last edited:
•••
in my opinion, difference market has a difference taste and style.

This is so true Natto. BTW I must mention that natto is also the name of Japanese fermented bean paste and people either love it or hate it. :xf.grin: (also said of vegi/marmite)

•••
If you people think asking about how many domain got sold or what is the BP domIn sell ratio is annoyance then what I can tell.

Here you people come & divert all the legitimate topic to some sh*ty thing which is past now.

If you don't knew what is my question then scroll above & check what I asked from @Jowita Emberton

Yet she continually ignoring the question.

She has some fear?

I don't knew.

Hi my friend,

What is the your reason behind disliking of Brandpa? Whenever i read something that is coming from you is negative. None of these marketplaces force us to stay with them. You have a choice.

I have over 400 domains published with Brandpa and have not sold any yet but still i don't talk bad about them. It is my choice to stay with them.

Stay positive and be hopeful.

(y)

•••
•••
Hi my friend,

What is the your reason behind disliking of Brandpa? Whenever i read something that is coming from you is negative. None of these marketplaces force us to stay with them. You have a choice.

I have over 400 domains published with Brandpa and have not sold any yet but still i don't talk bad about them. It is my choice to stay with them.

Stay positive and be hopeful.

(y)
:xf.rolleyes:

•••
Back