IT.COM

BrandPa.com Experience (Brandable Domain Marketplace)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
BrandPa.com has announced their presence on NamePros...
Hi there! I'm sorry your experience with BB wasn't pleasant :/ If you'd like to try our marketplace please don't hesitate to do so :) We're new in the domaining industry but very eager to learn! Let me know what you think or if you have any questions :) This is us: https://brandpa.com/ (or if you'd like to read about the sellers' rules visit this page: https://brandpa.com/start-selling)

Look forward to hearing from you!
Granted, the above post is from the BrandBucket experience thread, and will likely be deleted for being off topic / wrong thread, it was the first time I heard of them. The founder, @Jowita Emberton, had introduced herself in an earlier thread:

Hi guys! NamePros is a great website to get invaluable information about the domaining industry. As a reader, I'm here pretty much every day. As a writer, I'm starting today :)

I'm the founder of Brandpa (brandpa.com), a domain name marketplace similar to BB, BR or Namerific. We use AI and human knowledge to create and judge the names’ value according to how easy to pronounce and catchy they are.

I'm here to learn, get to know you and your recent experiences with other brandable name marketplaces :) We're still developing the business so any insight on our site (brandpa.com) or anything you're missing from other marketplaces will be very useful :)

Thanks!

I'm creating this thread to discuss their marketplace, and for those who have experiences with them.

Here's what I know so far:

The founder, @Jowita Emberton, runs two other online businesses according to her LinkedIn page.

Delighten.co.uk - Web / brand design firm.

Weddination.com - Polish wedding services

According to her LinkedIn, she has been operating BrandPa since August 2016. Though, the last cached Archive.org screenshot is a server error on October 4, 2016 HERE

BrandPa.com (2006) is registered to Oliver Emberton, founder and managing director of SilkTide.com.

Currently, there are 562 domains published / listed on BrandPa. It appears most domains listed are handregged by the owners. Not 100% on this; I will run a check when my program is working again.

After reviewing their listings, I found two errors.

upload_2017-2-20_14-26-8.png The domain regged is MonoRaptor.com, but the text reads ManoRaptor.com

upload_2017-2-20_14-27-32.png The domain regged is UnknownVenues.com, but the text reads UnknownVenus.com

At first look:

Pros
  • No Listing Fee
  • FREE Logos
  • Domain Owner sets price ($1,000+)
  • Forwards all offers for sellers consideration
  • Brandpa is a pretty memorable / catchy brandable domain.
  • Select 'On-Sale' marketing section
upload_2017-2-20_14-34-49.png

Cons
  • Low Alexa Ranking (4,557,819)
upload_2017-2-20_14-36-32.png
  • New site. Assuming low organic traffic, and low type-in traffic due to quality and quantity of inventory.
  • Piggy-back branding off BrandBucket in site footer see below
upload_2017-2-20_14-45-31.png

upload_2017-2-20_14-41-42.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-42-20.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-43-14.png upload_2017-2-20_14-43-54.png

• Reviews are all from .co.uk domains, yet BrandPa doesn't sell any .co.uk domains. A quick glance at other domains owned by the reviewers and I wasn't able to verify any brandable .com's with history tracing back to BrandPa.
upload_2017-2-20_15-10-41.png

Personal thoughts: I respect that they "allow the seller to submit more domain names" by not charging a listing fee. To me this shows they are willing to work for your exclusivity. Should they gain popularity, I wonder if they'll sustain this business model and/or if their logo / listing quality will decrease over time when resources are spread across the masses.

@Jowita Emberton = Feel free to comment / fill in any of the blanks. :penguin:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the suggestion. Sure, we'll look into it. When this feature goes live, we'll let everyone know via our newsletter :)

Ok. This has been introduced now :)

Best,

•••
I submitted a couple domains to Brandpa. A few were accepts and a few were rejected, as expected. But, the ones accepted and rejected didn't pan out exactly how I thought they would. For example, E/B/energy / king was accepted, but Rulur / king was rejected. This is a brandable website... I really thought Rulur was a solid option for branding because it's short, easy to say, easy spell, catchy, and it plays on the word "ruler", but instead they accept E/B/energy... which is longer and less attractive in my eyes. Very confused about this one. Anyone have any thoughts?

•••
I submitted a couple domains to Brandpa. A few were accepts and a few were rejected, as expected. But, the ones accepted and rejected didn't pan out exactly how I thought they would. For example, E/B/energy / king was accepted, but Rulur / king was rejected. This is a brandable website... I really thought Rulur was a solid option for branding because it's short, easy to say, easy spell, catchy, and it plays on the word "ruler", but instead they accept E/B/energy... which is longer and less attractive in my eyes. Very confused about this one. Anyone have any thoughts?
They would have accepted If it had been one word like Rulur, but in two keyword where one word is twisted like you did shouldn't be accepted and so did Brandpa....
It should be lesson for you. I would've rejected this and names like this as well.

I submitted 6 names of late and 5 accepted and I will send them email about my 6th one and will ask them for reason... will share soon

Last edited:
•••
They would have accepted If it had been one word like Rulur, but in two keyword where one word is twisted like you did shouldn't be accepted and so did Brandpa....
It should be lesson for you. I would've rejected this and names like this as well.

I submitted 6 names of late and 5 accepted and I will send them email about my 6th one and asking them for reason... will share soon

It was one keyword... the word was Rulur in king format (.com)

•••

Seems it doesn't pass the sound test.

•••
Seems it doesn't pass the sound test.

I suppose so? I wish they would elaborate more on rejections. It sounds just like "ruler", but I also understand that misspellings are not necessarily brandable.

•••
Brandpa is very disappointing. Many domain names submitted last year were rejected, including bb nuyn(.)com, colat(.)com.... many, I don't think I will go there anymore.

•••
Brandpa has been great for me so far.

Much better than BB and BR combined.

Contact Jowita and ask her to have a look at colat/com. That is a good one, imho. BP is not big with semi-pronounceable 4Ls and I have many rejected as well.

•••
in my opinion, difference market has a difference taste and style.

•••
@Natto

you hit the nail on the head - well said

if a name gets rejected or accepted doesn't mean the name is good or bad - everyone has different tastes and marketplaces are no different.

•••
•••
Has anyone experienced an unusual uptick in "favourites" for their domains? One of mine in particular has received about 20 additional "favourites" over the past week, which is really odd. It's also trending much higher than normal.

•••
Has anyone experienced an unusual uptick in "favourites" for their domains? One of mine in particular has received about 20 additional "favourites" over the past week, which is really odd. It's also trending much higher than normal.
It has happened to me many times. Never resulted to sales

•••
It has happened to me many times. Never resulted to sales

Very odd. I had a domain increase in "favourites" only slightly and that did result in a sale, but this appears like an issue with their system or their algorithms are messed up. It doesn't make sense.

•••
Very odd. I had a domain increase in "favourites" only slightly and that did result in a sale, but this appears like an issue with their system or their algorithms are messed up. It doesn't make sense.
That had led to one of my sales too. It was an increase in fav from 3 to 4 and about 70% hotness spike before I went to bed. In the money, I woke up to a $3k sale..

unusual Jump in Fav in your own case might be a bug ... IMO

Real favourites shouldn't jump anyhow

•••
That had led to one of my sales too. It was an increase in fav from 3 to 4 and about 70% hotness spike before I went to bed. In the money, I woke up to a $3k sale..

unusual Jump in Fav in your own case might be a bug ... IMO

Real favourites shouldn't jump anyhow

Very nice sale!

I agree, the movement doesn't appear natural. I contacted support a few days ago and they told me no issues were detected, so I really don't know. Oh well, at least the domain is getting more notice. It was on the front page today, but it probably won't last.

•••
if they rejected Rulur/ com then all I can say is that they are clueless. Rulur is a very good 5L.

•••
@Jowita Emberton it seems you guys are so comfortable with the high rejection rate on your site. A long time ago, you guys provided reasons for each rejection (though some reasons are not reasonable), but no longer does so now.

Those reasons help guide us to know what to avoid in future. It will also improve our submission quality, reduce the time you waste in evaluating bad names, improve review turnaround time, and make everyone have better Brandpa experience.

What do you think ma?

•••
@Jowita Emberton it seems you guys are so comfortable with the high rejection rate on your site. A long time ago, you guys provided reasons for each rejection (though some reasons are not reasonable), but no longer does so now.

Those reasons help guide us to know what to avoid in future. It will also improve our submission quality, reduce the time you waste in evaluating bad names, improve review turnaround time, and make everyone have better Brandpa experience.

What do you think ma?

It's simple, only big whale are welcome other small seller not even allowed in slack channel

•••
It's simple, only big whale are welcome other small seller not even allowed in slack channel

You might try to have more positive attitude.

Jowita and Brandpa are doing great job. They need their slack channel to be manageable and tight enough. They don't anyone who have added few names to have access to what is being discussed or going on.

You don't need to be a big fish to be able to have enough names with Brandpa.

•••
You might try to have more positive attitude.

Jowita and Brandpa are doing great job. They need their slack channel to be manageable and tight enough. They don't anyone who have added few names to have access to what is being discussed or going on.

You don't need to be a big fish to be able to have enough names with Brandpa.

I agree, Brandpa does a great job compared to most marketplaces, especially for branding. I'm not a "big whale" by any means, but I've been very happy with their service. I also sold a domain through them and the communication and follow through was excellent.

•••
They need their slack channel to be manageable and tight enough. They don't anyone who have added few names to have access to what is being discussed or going on.
Thanks,

Just for your information, I used to have lots of name but now I only have one name there. I thought its not good even so will try to sell it or just remove it .

Anyway here are some recently brandpa own owned brandable name got expired too people who wonder why brandpa reject Rulur and other good names.

Enjoy it and if you want to register then register it. I cant register them becuse they all are pure junk name. not deserve even $1 register fee

anthors.png
bach.png
bubb.png

•••

What do you think ma?

They did that as a courtesy when the site was smaller. No one else gives you a reason they just reject. It’s a time saving measure.

•••
It was one keyword... the word was Rulur in king format (.com)

They either didn’t like it or they found it too confusingly similar trademark wise to Ruler which is trademarked. They are very careful with words that are trademarked. They also don’t seem to be a fan of misspellings, extra letters etc unless they view it as a strong keyword.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back