IT.COM

BrandPa.com Experience (Brandable Domain Marketplace)

NameSilo
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
BrandPa.com has announced their presence on NamePros...
Hi there! I'm sorry your experience with BB wasn't pleasant :/ If you'd like to try our marketplace please don't hesitate to do so :) We're new in the domaining industry but very eager to learn! Let me know what you think or if you have any questions :) This is us: https://brandpa.com/ (or if you'd like to read about the sellers' rules visit this page: https://brandpa.com/start-selling)

Look forward to hearing from you!
Granted, the above post is from the BrandBucket experience thread, and will likely be deleted for being off topic / wrong thread, it was the first time I heard of them. The founder, @Jowita Emberton, had introduced herself in an earlier thread:

Hi guys! NamePros is a great website to get invaluable information about the domaining industry. As a reader, I'm here pretty much every day. As a writer, I'm starting today :)

I'm the founder of Brandpa (brandpa.com), a domain name marketplace similar to BB, BR or Namerific. We use AI and human knowledge to create and judge the names’ value according to how easy to pronounce and catchy they are.

I'm here to learn, get to know you and your recent experiences with other brandable name marketplaces :) We're still developing the business so any insight on our site (brandpa.com) or anything you're missing from other marketplaces will be very useful :)

Thanks!

I'm creating this thread to discuss their marketplace, and for those who have experiences with them.

Here's what I know so far:

The founder, @Jowita Emberton, runs two other online businesses according to her LinkedIn page.

Delighten.co.uk - Web / brand design firm.

Weddination.com - Polish wedding services

According to her LinkedIn, she has been operating BrandPa since August 2016. Though, the last cached Archive.org screenshot is a server error on October 4, 2016 HERE

BrandPa.com (2006) is registered to Oliver Emberton, founder and managing director of SilkTide.com.

Currently, there are 562 domains published / listed on BrandPa. It appears most domains listed are handregged by the owners. Not 100% on this; I will run a check when my program is working again.

After reviewing their listings, I found two errors.

upload_2017-2-20_14-26-8.png The domain regged is MonoRaptor.com, but the text reads ManoRaptor.com

upload_2017-2-20_14-27-32.png The domain regged is UnknownVenues.com, but the text reads UnknownVenus.com

At first look:

Pros
  • No Listing Fee
  • FREE Logos
  • Domain Owner sets price ($1,000+)
  • Forwards all offers for sellers consideration
  • Brandpa is a pretty memorable / catchy brandable domain.
  • Select 'On-Sale' marketing section
upload_2017-2-20_14-34-49.png

Cons
  • Low Alexa Ranking (4,557,819)
upload_2017-2-20_14-36-32.png
  • New site. Assuming low organic traffic, and low type-in traffic due to quality and quantity of inventory.
  • Piggy-back branding off BrandBucket in site footer see below
upload_2017-2-20_14-45-31.png

upload_2017-2-20_14-41-42.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-42-20.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-43-14.png upload_2017-2-20_14-43-54.png

• Reviews are all from .co.uk domains, yet BrandPa doesn't sell any .co.uk domains. A quick glance at other domains owned by the reviewers and I wasn't able to verify any brandable .com's with history tracing back to BrandPa.
upload_2017-2-20_15-10-41.png

Personal thoughts: I respect that they "allow the seller to submit more domain names" by not charging a listing fee. To me this shows they are willing to work for your exclusivity. Should they gain popularity, I wonder if they'll sustain this business model and/or if their logo / listing quality will decrease over time when resources are spread across the masses.

@Jowita Emberton = Feel free to comment / fill in any of the blanks. :penguin:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
Look like she read it, All of my names got rejected though :-P

I had not read it at the time (5th of Jan 2019) but I did read it today (2nd Feb 2019). We will take a look at it. Thanks.

The domain names that are submitted to Brandpa are not rejected on the basis of what comments people make. Only those domain names that are submitted to Brandpa are rejected that are not a good fit for Brandpa. Sorry.

•••
@Jowita Emberton In the rejected domains section, can we please have the domain names sorted alphabetically ? Currently it requires us to read the whole list top to bottom to check if a name is rejected and that takes time.

I think it is important because there will be larger amount of rejections as we try to grow our portfolio and alphabetical sorting might help a bit. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
@Jowita Emberton so you people going to only treat your big shark

https://support.brandpa.com/knowledgebase/slack-access-for-sellers/

Now,

As a being domainer sometimes we need to sell our names to another reseller but as per your policy, we can't sell name here only selling allowed on the slack channel. It's now impossible to me & others seller with less than 30 domains to sell the domain to another reseller.

I still don't know why the "double standard"

I hope you explain me the reason why you want seller with less than 30 names not allowed to access your slack channel

Last edited:
•••
Is the Brandpa Slack channel down this afternoon?

•••
•••
They accept my domain in Saturday and it listed for sell today.

•••
Does anyone know the extent Brandpa actually markets or advertises listed domains? Mine had a ton of traffic the week they were published and then it's slowly gone down to almost nothing over two months. Hotness score hovering around 0 most days.

•••
Does anyone know the extent Brandpa actually markets or advertises listed domains? Mine had a ton of traffic the week they were published and then it's slowly gone down to almost nothing over two months. Hotness score hovering around 0 most days.

I do not think they go back and cover existing names again. Only when they are first listed - but thats my experience. I've also noticed a great increase in traffic when they tweet about a name I had just listed. But there were a few names that were never tweeted despite having been listed, they must have been in a lull where they didnt for whatever reason for weeks and weeks. But when they started up again they also started tweeting with currently new listed names, so mine - listed 3+ weeks earlier, didnt get a tweet ever. And that has happened a few times. For those names, a significant difference in traffic.

On the survey where they asked about what they could do more / better, I wrote social media marketing. LOTS of it. :)

•••
I do not think they go back and cover existing names again. Only when they are first listed - but thats my experience. I've also noticed a great increase in traffic when they tweet about a name I had just listed. But there were a few names that were never tweeted despite having been listed, they must have been in a lull where they didnt for whatever reason for weeks and weeks. But when they started up again they also started tweeting with currently new listed names, so mine - listed 3+ weeks earlier, didnt get a tweet ever. And that has happened a few times. For those names, a significant difference in traffic.

On the survey where they asked about what they could do more / better, I wrote social media marketing. LOTS of it. :)

I have three currently listed and they've never had a tweet

•••
Is the Brandpa Slack channel down this afternoon?
You have to read this,

Now,

As a being domainer sometimes we need to sell our names to another reseller but as per your policy, we can't sell name here only selling allowed on the slack channel. It's now impossible to me & others seller with less than 30 domains to sell the domain to another reseller.

I hope you explain me the reason why you want seller with less than 30 names not allowed to access your slack channel

•••
I have three currently listed and they've never had a tweet
They most time tweet only there own name, sometimes other user names.

Currently Brandpa itself own 500 plus domain & I knew at least 3 people who own more than 350 plus name each.

Last I checked there are only 6313 name was listed.

•••
My 6 domain accepted.....
But current time not have money.
Any offers/relaxation without payment domain published ?
20190206_095432.jpg

•••
Look like @Jowita Emberton doesn't want to explain why she made the decision to restrict the "small seller" from BP slack channel.

But,

I got a funny reply from "support team" why I call it funny that the total number of Brandpa slack channel was not more than 300 if I remember correct.

Screenshot_2019-02-06-16-42-40-778_com.google.android.gm.png

•••
@Jowita Emberton In the rejected domains section, can we please have the domain names sorted alphabetically ? Currently it requires us to read the whole list top to bottom to check if a name is rejected and that takes time.

I think it is important because there will be larger amount of rejections as we try to grow our portfolio and alphabetical sorting might help a bit. Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sure, we'll look into it. When this feature goes live, we'll let everyone know via our newsletter :)

•••

Now,

Plz someone tag her

•••
>> Plz someone tag her

Why?

So you can continue whining?

You were an annoyance on the BP Slack channel and seem to be continuing your behavior here.

Jowita/Oliver respectfully tolerated it - more patience than most site owners would.

-Cougar

•••
Can anyone tell me can l sell my domain here on NP which is listed ond Brandpa and will Brandpa charge me if I do that?

•••
I pointed out about some big whale & it seems one is here with misleading false information

Yet i didn't got an answer what asked

•••
Tried 3 times to sign up at brandpa and my application got rejected. Of the same names that I submitted to Brandpa, I have some accepted at BB with prices that range from 2k till a bit less than 20k. Looks like that was my last try to sign up to Brandpa. Good luck all.

•••
They don't care about small seller what they care is about there big whale who own more 250 to 300 names.

You will find those defending here.

•••
>> Plz someone tag her

Why?

So you can continue whining?

You were an annoyance on the BP Slack channel and seem to be continuing your behavior here.

Jowita/Oliver respectfully tolerated it - more patience than most site owners would.

-Cougar

If you people think asking about how many domain got sold or what is the BP domIn sell ratio is annoyance then what I can tell.

Here you people come & divert all the legitimate topic to some shity thing which is past now.

If you don't knew what is my question then scroll above & check what I asked from @Jowita Emberton

Yet she continually ignoring the question.

She has some fear?

I don't knew.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back