Dynadot

BrandPa.com Experience (Brandable Domain Marketplace)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
BrandPa.com has announced their presence on NamePros...
Hi there! I'm sorry your experience with BB wasn't pleasant :/ If you'd like to try our marketplace please don't hesitate to do so :) We're new in the domaining industry but very eager to learn! Let me know what you think or if you have any questions :) This is us: https://brandpa.com/ (or if you'd like to read about the sellers' rules visit this page: https://brandpa.com/start-selling)

Look forward to hearing from you!
Granted, the above post is from the BrandBucket experience thread, and will likely be deleted for being off topic / wrong thread, it was the first time I heard of them. The founder, @Jowita Emberton, had introduced herself in an earlier thread:

Hi guys! NamePros is a great website to get invaluable information about the domaining industry. As a reader, I'm here pretty much every day. As a writer, I'm starting today :)

I'm the founder of Brandpa (brandpa.com), a domain name marketplace similar to BB, BR or Namerific. We use AI and human knowledge to create and judge the names’ value according to how easy to pronounce and catchy they are.

I'm here to learn, get to know you and your recent experiences with other brandable name marketplaces :) We're still developing the business so any insight on our site (brandpa.com) or anything you're missing from other marketplaces will be very useful :)

Thanks!

I'm creating this thread to discuss their marketplace, and for those who have experiences with them.

Here's what I know so far:

The founder, @Jowita Emberton, runs two other online businesses according to her LinkedIn page.

Delighten.co.uk - Web / brand design firm.

Weddination.com - Polish wedding services

According to her LinkedIn, she has been operating BrandPa since August 2016. Though, the last cached Archive.org screenshot is a server error on October 4, 2016 HERE

BrandPa.com (2006) is registered to Oliver Emberton, founder and managing director of SilkTide.com.

Currently, there are 562 domains published / listed on BrandPa. It appears most domains listed are handregged by the owners. Not 100% on this; I will run a check when my program is working again.

After reviewing their listings, I found two errors.

upload_2017-2-20_14-26-8.png The domain regged is MonoRaptor.com, but the text reads ManoRaptor.com

upload_2017-2-20_14-27-32.png The domain regged is UnknownVenues.com, but the text reads UnknownVenus.com

At first look:

Pros
  • No Listing Fee
  • FREE Logos
  • Domain Owner sets price ($1,000+)
  • Forwards all offers for sellers consideration
  • Brandpa is a pretty memorable / catchy brandable domain.
  • Select 'On-Sale' marketing section
upload_2017-2-20_14-34-49.png

Cons
  • Low Alexa Ranking (4,557,819)
upload_2017-2-20_14-36-32.png
  • New site. Assuming low organic traffic, and low type-in traffic due to quality and quantity of inventory.
  • Piggy-back branding off BrandBucket in site footer see below
upload_2017-2-20_14-45-31.png

upload_2017-2-20_14-41-42.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-42-20.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-43-14.png upload_2017-2-20_14-43-54.png

• Reviews are all from .co.uk domains, yet BrandPa doesn't sell any .co.uk domains. A quick glance at other domains owned by the reviewers and I wasn't able to verify any brandable .com's with history tracing back to BrandPa.
upload_2017-2-20_15-10-41.png

Personal thoughts: I respect that they "allow the seller to submit more domain names" by not charging a listing fee. To me this shows they are willing to work for your exclusivity. Should they gain popularity, I wonder if they'll sustain this business model and/or if their logo / listing quality will decrease over time when resources are spread across the masses.

@Jowita Emberton = Feel free to comment / fill in any of the blanks. :penguin:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The new feature that lets you work on the logo with the designer leads to very good results.

As we can see the nickname of the designer in the process, I was wondering:
If we are happy working with the specific designer and he is available, there is no reason not work with him on our future names, right? Maybe it will be nice to have some way to show preference to designers.

In order to keep both sides satisfied, if the designer doesn't enjoy working with us as a client, the system can just display him as unavailable.

Any thoughts?

•••
I specifically submit at times I know my favorites are working.

•••
my hotness score is almost breaking my PC into the negatives lol. ( 4 to 5 )

please tell me its normal if not advertising links anywhere :)
i just figured I could see organic traffic if i leave it alone from advertising myself.

•••
How You people see the sales through rate compared to other marketplaces?

I had tried this on the slack channel but seem like some people don't want to have that conversation going on, As they might think its simply going to demotivate seller.

My thoughts,

I found their sales through rate very low compared to others. I found that pricing method and the lack of proper marketing of names mostly causing this. Every day I seeing more and more name getting dropped by the seller and never getting picked up nor getting renewed.

***MY intention is not to demotivate people but after all, we are the investor and we should have all right to discuss the things which going to burden our money.

•••
Brandpa has small portion of the stock of “other marketplaces” so your comparing it is idiotic. The other markets aren’t bursting at the seams with sales either that’s why they stopped reporting.

•••
Brandpa has small portion of the stock of “other marketplaces” so your comparing it is idiotic. The other markets aren’t bursting at the seams with sales either that’s why they stopped reporting.
So asking about low Sales through rate become idiotic?

Its seem you don't want this conversation going on here also. Don't know why?

Last edited:
•••
So asking about low Sales through rate become idiotic?

Its seem you don't want this conversation going on here also. Don't know why?
You're taking it too personal as if you want to discredit a particular market. It may not be your intention, but it appears so.

You may advise the market place on action you think may improve their sales. But bashing them on every platform you have access to may not be the best. JMO

•••
You're taking it too personal as if you want to discredit a particular market. It may not be your intention, but it appears so.

You may advise the market place on action you think may improve their sales. But bashing them on every platform you have access to may not be the best. JMO

You are the another one who is telling me the same thing, If my intention was to discredit or bashing, I wouldn't have paid them the listing of my names nor I would give them my name to consider but I still submitting names for approval as well as paying for them to get listed.

No if you think my intention rather then seeking information about their sales through rate and in a proper manner then what I can tell you and other. Nothing

•••

What I found the surprise that both of you and @karmaco totally forget to discuss on this

I found that pricing method and the lack of proper marketing of names mostly causing this.

•••
Submitted my first 7 names to Brandpa, had 3 accepted. Interested to see how it works out.

•••
Someone please help. I would like to remove one of my domains listed at BrandPa.
What is the fastest method to get this done / contacting them.

Do I need to create a support ticket or can I get faster support via email ?
Thanks.

•••
Someone please help. I would like to remove one of my domains listed at BrandPa.

Thanks.
Whichever method you have chosen , I guess it will take up to 30 days to complete the process

Last edited:
•••
Thank you @Haykay2005
Is there some kind of negative effect on a profile for asking to remove a domain ?

Also could you please PM to me their support email ?

•••
Thank you @Haykay2005
Is there some kind of negative effect on a profile for asking to remove a domain ?

Also could you please PM to me their support email ?
That's what I don't know. Just go to their site and create a ticket under support. Cheers

•••

Thanks.

You have to give the 30 day notice. There is no negative effect (like elsewhere) if you abide by the 30 day notice.

•••

Thanks.
yes. here is a fastest method but i think you may not like this. As per Brandpa Rules if you sell your domains outside branpda then you need to pay their fees. Then brandpa remove the name fast. Hope This will you Friend.:) and Please have a look @Jowita Emberton

•••
if you sell your domains outside branpda then you need to pay their fees
not selling outside BP... just want to delist from there.

•••
•••
It's a pure joke, Cmon just get that banner off.

IMG_20190105_160251.png

•••
•••
•••
•••
Look like she read it, All of my names got rejected though :-P

•••
Brandpa site going down any one facing same issue?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back