IT.COM

available Brandable Names Available to Hand Reg with GD Appraisal - ExtraPriority.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandCougar

Top Member
Impact
We were testing the GoDaddy Domain Value Appraisal (DVA) tool recently to see what type of names appraise above $1,000.

https://www.godaddy.com/domain-value-appraisal

And found a few unregd names that we thought we'd share with the community.

Please post if you decided to register one. (available for handreg as of the posting)

Enjoy!

-Cougar

The 1st we'll post is:

ExtraPriority.com $1,621 (GD DVA)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
HealthNoon.com available at the time of this post. Previously developed site with some decent backlinks. GD appraisal is $1,380

FileBasin.com available, previously developed site with a couple of backlinks. GD Appraisal is $1,248

Last edited:
•••
•••
PlayNowFree.com & AnyHabit are registered now :)

Thank you, DomainSnatcher!

•••
MedicineFox.com available, .de taken. GD appraisal $1,543

•••
Three available names with GD appraisals of $2k+:
CommentsWelcome.com --- $2,035 --- .net and .co are taken
SmokeLights.com --- $2,062 --- .co, .de and .us are taken
OutsourcedData.com --- $2,050 --- .co.uk is taken

•••

Good shit!!!

•••
Thank you Akos! CommentsWelcome.com is registered.

Being a newbie I was going to read the forums first to learn more, instead of registering / buying more, but than I found this post... :-D

•••
•••
Saturday's drop:

OwnSeed.com

AuditBy.com

GainsTown.com

LiftBeast.com

UnitDeal.com

PutUnit.com

•••
I like this:

Celticcredit.com govalue 1890.
Available.

There is a big credit union called Celtic Credit Union operating the domain
Celticcreditunion.co.uk

I think it is be possible that they would be interested...

•••
I've got something special for everyone today... (y)
But before the domain drop, I'd like to do a quick reflection on which of the domains I posted actually sold.
Out of the 73 domains I carefully handpicked, 23 of them sold so far. This means that 31% of the posted domains sold.

This is interesting because while I posted these batches of domains for you to check out, I did not expect so many of them to resonate with you. I thought maybe a few here and there would sell, but no - almost 1 in 3 domains sold! This is incredible. I am glad you liked the names I shared with you. I am also concerned if anyone here has a domain addiction.

Like I mentioned before, I truly don't want any money out of this. These drops were an experiment based on my curiosity, and I wanted to gain experience picking good names. So, thank you very much for the valuable input.

I hope you will profit off a sale soon!

//

Now, let's get on to today's drop.

.io Domains

High quality, one word .io names with good branding potential.

Unsafe.io

Eavesdrop.io

Nominator.io

Prepster.io (Flashcard study aid, like Quizlet)

Plains.io (vague words = many open doors)

Deprive.io

Tolerant.io

Calor.io (calorie tracking branding opportunity)

Fetched.io

Tunneler.io (VPN service)

.com Domains

2 word domains - broken down into tiers of quality.

NOTE: these tiers are not an indication of quality. They are only an indication of subjective quality - the quality I perceive them to be worth.
To the newer members here, please thoroughly think before grabbing one of these names. Do your research. DO NOT impulsively buy. Always make educated decisions with plenty of data to back it up.

High tier
Isolatable.com

PopularResponse.com

Diminishable.com

EveryAudience.com

OpinionBird.com

Mid tier
RecentArrival.com

DeveloperRate.com

LabOwner.com

Detonatable.com

UsefulResponse.com

Lower tier

Gnawable.com

DeveloperWave.com

TinyRatio.com

HungryDinner.com

MetricsEgg.com

AirportBonus.com

AirportFreedom.com

BirthdayDirector.com

RareAudience.com

Someone will find these useful tier :xf.grin:
DeveloperTag.com

DevelopPath.com

UpcomingLife.com

DeveloperGenie.com

ProntoConnection.com

This drop brings us to a total of 107 domains posted (y)
Many hours were spent on this research, hope you will find this valuable.

And of course, the following domains are still available to register:

SlimIncome.com

CareerDebt.com

InvestorMuseum.com

LeapByLeap.com

LawyerGuideline.com

DeveloperLingo.com

EaseOver.com

SoTricky.com

OwnSeed.com

AuditBy.com

GainsTown.com

LiftBeast.com

PutUnit.com

PageModule.com

InvestorMuseum.com

OnlyPlain.com

CleanThrow.com

PlainLock.com

SmoothAlternative.com

OnlyCalendar.com

OnlyAgreement.com

OnlyRespect.com

OnlyAttraction.com

GirlIncome.com

JustSeekers.com

ExpertToy.com

AwesomeTourist.com

LawyerTechnique.com

OnlyPlot.com

AutomotiveRate.com

SilverVehicle.com

DeskKeep.com

CashArray.com

CommonLoad.com

DeskArray.com

DevelopClass.com

DevelopModule.com

DevelopType.com

ExpertModule.com

DevelopSafe.com

ExpertBunk.com

UnitCellar.com

LinkingBay.com

AffiliateVoyage.com

CommonLoft.com

DevelopForm.com

DevelopRoom.com

DevelopBoat.com

EstateCruiser.com

WebsiteSection.com

Wish everyone best of luck. Do not rush this!!!
Cheers.

•••
Grabbed SmokeLights, thank you.

•••
•••
TicketsCart.com available as at time of post. Used to be a functional site for ticketing.

•••
•••
At the time of this writing, 5 of the domains above are taken:

Eavesdrop.io

EveryAudience.com

OpinionBird.com

RecentArrival.com

UpcomingLife.com

//////////

Today's drop

MovieAmbition.com

FarmerPassion.com

FameFollow.com

FederalBonus.com

ThinkAnytime.com

//////////

As always, it is recommended to do the following for each name you're considering purchasing:

BARE MINIMUM

• Is it pronounceable? Unless you are selling LLLL's - these are 4 letter .coms - make sure you're selling a pronounceable name. Some other exclusions are short names like Secur.ly and such, but I will stick to only talking about .coms. Make sure the domain can be said on a radio and won't need further clarification. OpinionBird.com, rather than OpynionBird.com. Kapish?

• Check for similar sales on Namebio (these names are mostly 2 word domains. Enter 1 of the words into Namebio and observe, then enter the other and observe. Keep in mind the year the domain was sold in - recent sales are more relevant. Lastly, pay special attention to good names as opposed to average or below average names. Then, mentally determine a price range and draw conclusions based off the data you saw)
For example, let's look at OpinionBird.com (already taken) - I'll do one keyword as an example here.
*** I will proceed with the assumption that OpinionBird.com is a website for paid surveys, much like Survey Monkey

I enter 'Opinion' into Namebio and filter by .com.
I get the following domains: OpinionAnalytics ($352), PaidOpinions ($211), OpinionPower ($401), TrueOpinion ($348), ChangeOpinion ($116), SocialOpinion ($360), GetOpinions ($102), and so on. Further investigation shows me names like OpinionPoll selling for $1836, and OpinionsApp for $2999.

This data actually shows me that there isn't such a close connection between keywords and the price. In my opinion, OpinionsApp is a much weaker name than PaidOpinions, yet the price of the first is $3k and the second only $350.

How is this happening? This makes no sense! It is possible that end users have already chosen their name and simply go on marketplaces to purchase them for $$$$. Another possibility is really good pitching by a reseller or broker. Regardless, you must dive deep into this data & look at it in context - don't just take it plainly.

If you are serious about making money on a domain, you must go very deep into your research. You have to think like an end user - why would you pay somebody $3000 for a domain? What would that name provide for you? Why is a subjectively good name like PaidOpinions selling for only $352? For me personally, I can see a huge company being built based on that name alone.

In summary, seeing all these varying price points showed us that there isn't such a clear distinction between 'high profit' and 'low profit' domains. I won't go further in this example, but more information is definitely needed to draw conclusions. This is a good example of a landscape that isn't fully figured out yet!

You would then repeat this process with the second keyword. The second keyword could actually help you uncover more information about the overall landscape
, helping you make a more educated decision about your purchase. ALWAYS look at the big picture! Don't get sucked into concentrating on all the small details.

This process could take about 15 minutes, which is really not much. So be thorough.

• Check for trademarks. Type in the domain name and check if any companies are registered under that name. If you see a company but it has an "ABANDONED" status, you're probably good to go. But if there are lots of entries and the results are more complex, you might want to consult an IP lawyer. Of course, only do that if you consider the domain worthy since the costs can add up (though I have never done this myself)

RECOMMENDED

• Check Google Trends to see if a niche is on the rise or if it's falling. Taking our OpinionBird.com example earlier, I think of the niche this name deals with - to me it's surveys. To you, it might be something else - great! Having different ideas is good for creating more opportunities. Just make sure that you know what most people will assume the name means - you will need good awareness and common sense for this.
In Google Trends, I type in paid survey, set the country to the US, and set the timeline to last 5 years. The graph actually shows us a slight decline, from about 70% average interest to 60%. You could check variations on this keyword - paid surveys, paid polls, paid studies, etc. The results surprised me a little bit, but after thinking about them, I believe it's because the hype about getting paid to do surveys is slowly dying.

Now... do you see how knowing the popularity of the domain's niche could help us price and sell it? This can help you make a more accurate appraisal, find end users (since you understand the niche), and so on. It is important to know your niche!
  • Check Google Keyword Planner to get search volume. Search volume means the amount of people searching a specific word or phrase on Google. How might this help us, you might ask? By knowing the search volume, you can further determine the popularity of a niche, and even the popularity of a domain's exact keywords.
For example, Opinion Bird is currently getting 0 search volume a month. This means that nobody is searching for it. So... it's a bad name, right? Well, just because no one is searching for it doesn't mean it's a bad name. It can be a brandable name - meaning you can set up an end user with this name.

Why do I say this? Well, although Opinion Bird is getting 0 search volume, the niche Opinion Bird is in receives 49 500 searches A MONTH! Impressive, huh? It's the paid surveys niche! Now if you tried to sell this domain to an end user, your leverage went from "Opinion Bird gets no searches a month" to "The niche Opinion Bird is in gets searched by 50 000 people A MONTH!". What shift.

Try it out: sign into Keyword Planner, click the wrench for Tools, then choose the first option - Keyword Planner. Click on Get search volume and forecasts. In the table you will see a Vol column - this is your search volume. Alternatively, choose Find new keywords to get more ideas about your niche.

This tool is a godsend - it will show you keyword volume on Google, Amazon, and other sites. It's a Chrome extension.

• Lastly... what does your gut say about this domain? Don't try to justify it. If you don't vibe with the name, don't bother. You have to believe in the name!
I remember buying AboveJourney.com by accident because I was acting impulsively and forgot to cancel my order. The next day, my gut was telling me it wasn't a good name. Of course, at first glance it's a 2 word domain with good potential in the travel niche. But in reality this name does not really make sense to me. Above journey... journey above? Like a flight? It's not a common way to describe flights. To be honest, it's hard to put my reasoning into words except to say that my gut does not approve, haha.

So, follow your gut!

IN CONCLUSION - A Practical Guide
Please note, by no means this is a full checklist of things to check for - for that check out the thread posted by Eric. The checklist here is my personal checklist, some of the most common things I look for.

Without further ado:
0. Is it pronounceable?
1. Check Namebio
2. Check trademarks
3. Check Google Trends
4. Check Google Keyword Planner
5. Gut feeling

Or... you could just YOLO it.
Your choice ;)

Take care, everyone. Hope you found this guide useful!

Last edited:
•••
I actually picked OpinionBird.com even though I've not done any research on the domain yet(work stress). However paid survey came to my head immediately I saw it. Would look into it by the weekend.
Thanks

•••
I actually picked OpinionBird.com even though I've not done any research on the domain yet(work stress). However paid survey came to my head immediately I saw it. Would look into it by the weekend.
Thanks

Yes, I would say at the bare minimum everyone should at least feel good about their domain.
Looks like you already had an idea for OpinionBird as soon as you saw it - your gut approved of the name, which is exactly what I meant.

Although, to the newbies, I would recommend to stay away from gut feeling in the beginning as you will need to gain more experience. Experience will help you differentiate between good and bad names.

Last edited:
•••
Tuesday's drop:

LabInjury.com

DeveloperLane.com

PhoneVersion.com

MotionLane.com

// Lower tier

FamousArrival.com

HeartAmbition.com

PilotLane.com

MenuDealer.com

DeveloperHunter.com

//

Please look at the post above if you don't know how to do good domain research! Also check out this thread for a HUGE list of factors to consider.
You don't have to memorize the list of factors, just read it once or twice, understand why these factors were mentioned, and finally tailor the factors based on your experience. It will take a little bit of playing around if you're new. I'm still developing my "vetting" skills. You will get better.

Since I don't go deep into researching each name - I only go by gut feel - please make sure that the name you're interested in looks promising based off your research.

This means, check Namebio's sales history and check for trademarks, at the very least.

You can also run a simple google search with the domain's keywords, to see if there are any existing companies using the name. Or, you could also pitch to the websites showing up in the results.

Good luck. I will be ending these drops on December 1st - this Saturday.
We'll do a reflection of all the names sold, and I'll check if anyone made a sale yet on Namebio.

Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
GrowSpy.com available, previously developed site for all things "grow" lol. GD appraisal $1,440

•••
Bonus: NeuroBus.com available, previously developed with decent backlinks. GD Appraisal $1,310. Interestingly, CognitiveBus.com sold for $4,995.

•••
•••
FoodAcumen.com is available, previously developed site with a GD Appraisal of $1,280.

HypeSilo.com available, used to be a social media tech platform. GD Appraisal is $1,225.

Last edited:
•••
Very interesting and innovative @Isibor Imieka , although I haven’t registered any, I dig your thinking and trial with this thread.

•••
one i came across, available as of this time

extradebt.com
icn-godaddy-valuation.png
Estimated Value: $1,981

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back