Dynadot

Bodis landers VS BIN landers

NameSilo
Watch
Hello,

Is there anyone who made a test using bodis as a lander ?

I now use dan landers and also list my domains on sedo and afternic.
I tested bodis during few hours and see that I have significant revenues using them, so i'm thinking of using them for my landers yearly instead of dan.

Is there somebody who tested them for selling domains, there is only a link at the top of the page, it's ads focused and not sale, but maybe the difference between them and dan landers for making domains sales is not so high.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
bad result for bodis lander, first 10 price requests were for dan landers, none from bodis lander
So i keep a small percent of my domains with bodis landers (domains that bring me the more money with parking), maybe 1% of my portfolio.

•••
It's not so easy to calculate the best ROI with and without parking.
Hi

totally agree

my last 5 sales all were domains parked with ppc ads, 4 on sedo and 1 on afternic.

I am still waiting for the 3 top domains you have that generate that traffic income.

I called your bluff and your shilling.

Hi

i wouldn't post my top 3 ppc earners either
who wants everybody to know this info and why should i provide keywords or something for folks to try and reg typos of them?

are you gonna say i'm bluffing or shilling too?

why isn't the proof that was provided acceptable?

imo...

•••
•••
Hi

totally agree

my last 5 sales all were domains parked with ppc ads, 4 on sedo and 1 on afternic.

Hi

i wouldn't post my top 3 ppc earners either
who wants everybody to know this info and why should i provide keywords or something for folks to try and reg typos of them?

are you gonna say i'm bluffing or shilling too?

why isn't the proof that was provided acceptable?

imo...
anyone that suggests domainers should park names at a place that leads millions of potential buyers to a blank lander is either a parking company shill or does not have the ability to think properly.

If you tell me you do 100k a year in parking, I have a right to ask for some names and you have a right to say no.

•••
anyone that suggests domainers should park names at a place that leads millions of potential buyers to a blank lander is either a parking company shill or does not have the ability to think properly.

If you tell me you do 100k a year in parking, I have a right to ask for some names and you have a right to say no.
HI

millions of potential buyers or millions of internet users?
because all of them are not potential buyers.

i have often suggested that those who use ppc and say their earnings are slipping, to rotate to other platforms, when not using a rotator like above.

so, does that make me a shill or i don't have or have lost ability to think properly?

probably best solution for those who are concerned about adblockers, is to send traffic/leads to their own website, instead of using these platforms.

but if folks are making money with ppc,
i'm certainly not going to tell them to switch to landers with no ads.

imo....

•••
HI

millions of potential buyers or millions of internet users?
because all of them are not potential buyers.

i have often suggested that those who use ppc and say their earnings are slipping, to rotate to other platforms, when not using a rotator like above.

so, does that make me a shill or i don't have or have lost ability to think properly?

probably best solution for those who are concerned about adblockers, is to send traffic/leads to their own website, instead of using these platforms.

but if folks are making money with ppc,
i'm certainly not going to tell them to switch to landers with no ads.

imo....
Most domainers do not make much with ppc to justify showing blank landers. PERIOD. Many threads on here people discussing what they earn from parking, you rarely see any numbers that justify blank landers.

•••
Most domainers do not make much with ppc to justify showing blank landers. PERIOD. Many threads on here people discussing what they earn from parking, you rarely see any numbers that justify blank landers.
Hi

IF and that's a BIG IF....ppc platforms are only showing blank landers....
then why are they still in business?

sedo, bodis, afternic, parkingcrew, uni, smartname, parklogic, above, etc and even some new services coming onboard, and all are showing blank pages?

there is a lot of dough-ski on both sides of this, from a ppc standpoint and for adblock products
and...if there are no ads to block, then what good are adblocking products?

there is a bigger picture here too
how are advertisers going to display ads of their products and what effect will google play in this, when they are the major feed for these platforms?

i think both will find a way to exist.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
I think parking companies should offer javascript free landing pages with ads. Only once clicked JS should become active on the new page/link. This way they can avoid blocked ads. But I think, tracking people's activities also make money, not just clicks, and parking companies don't want to lose that (unshared) power.

•••
bad result for bodis lander, first 10 price requests were for dan landers, none from bodis lander
So i keep a small percent of my domains with bodis landers (domains that bring me the more money with parking), maybe 1% of my portfolio.
Did you try the Bodis landers with Escrow as a choice? If not, do you think that this might make a difference? Maybe businesses and professionals may more readily recognize Escrow.com as a name, rather than Dan?

•••
Did you try the Bodis landers with Escrow as a choice? If not, do you think that this might make a difference? Maybe businesses and professionals may more readily recognize Escrow.com as a name, rather than Dan?
Now that dan is with godaddy and it says on all pages, that issue is not relevant anymore.

•••
Now that dan is with godaddy and it says on all pages, that issue is not relevant anymore.
I'm finally doing outbounding now, and for some professionals not in the computer or domaining field, Escrow may have more weight.
Note that I did test the Bodis landers, and was reassured by the fact that Ublock did not block the redirects to Dan sales, just to the ads. Has anyone tested to see if the adblockers allow the forwarding from Bodis to Escrow? Maybe BIN landers using them would be more effective?

•••
No, escrow is a bulshitting non US buyer/seller

I now only use bodis on best parking domains only.

•••
No, escrow is a bulshitting non US buyer/seller

I now only use bodis on best parking domains only.
What do you mean? I thought they are based in the U.S., but I absolutely respect your insights and realize you may know much more. Could you please elaborate, as I don't want to go down the wrong path. If you've had bad experiences with them, your opinion matters here.
Alternatively, feel free to PM me if you'd rather not state the concerns publicly.

Last edited:
•••
I'm finally doing outbounding now, and for some professionals not in the computer or domaining field, Escrow may have more weight.
Note that I did test the Bodis landers, and was reassured by the fact that Ublock did not block the redirects to Dan sales, just to the ads. Has anyone tested to see if the adblockers allow the forwarding from Bodis to Escrow? Maybe BIN landers using them would be more effective?
Please post the domain that you have at bodis that redirects to dan if you use ublock. I asked many people, nobody has shared such a domain, when pressed, they all admitted they were full of shit.

•••
Please post the domain that you have at bodis that redirects to dan if you use ublock. I asked many people, nobody has shared such a domain, when pressed, they all admitted they were full of shit.
tinymovies.com. Using Microsoft Edge with Ublock, it directly went to Dan rather than the ads. There were others where that was also the case, but I decided to directly point them to Dan directly due to the much higher desire for sales over ad-revenue.
I tested it before posting that fact. Perhaps it is different with different browsers or even different operating systems. But that's what was happening for me and UBlock Origin.

Last edited:
•••
You mean you expected to have all requests on DAN, but for some domains directly and for some domains via bodis parking with Dan as forsale URL? What exactly was tested?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
If their reputation overall still is good, buyers still may be inclined to use them--with caution, of course.
Buyers will be required to provde KYC docs both on them as a natural person, and their company (if any), just to be able to pay. Will all the potential buyers be happy to do this, just to purchase something online, including impulse purchases?
Also: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/escrow.com

Last edited:
•••
Buyers will be required to provde KYC docs both on them as a natural person, and their company (if any), just to be able to pay. Will all the potential buyers be happy to do this, just to purchase something online, including impulse purchases?
Also: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/escrow.com
Wow. After reading those TrustPilot reviews, those Bodis landers going to Dan are looking better and better....

Last edited:
•••
tinymovies.com. Using Microsoft Edge with Ublock, it directly went to Dan rather than the ads. There were others where that was also the case, but I decided to directly point them to Dan directly due to the much higher desire for sales over ad-revenue.
I tested it before posting that fact. Perhaps it is different with different browsers or even different operating systems. But that's what was happening for me and UBlock Origin.
tinymovies.com ublock chrome goes to blank page as expected,

•••
tinymovies.com ublock chrome goes to blank page as expected,
Oh, my, this is not good.
Running a test on using my computer system just now, Ublock extension with Chrome did allow the page to go through to Dan, although after a several second pause. This is an interesting twist to the Bodis landers.

So perhaps only the older operating systems allow the pages to go through. The Chrome and Edge I tested were the latest versions. Were you using Windows 11 or the newer Mac OS? This may explain why my experience appeared to be anomalous with the rest of you folks testing UBlock.

•••
Oh, my, this is not good.
Running a test on using my computer system just now, Ublock extension with Chrome did allow the page to go through to Dan, although after a several second pause. This is an interesting twist to the Bodis landers.

So perhaps only the older operating systems allow the pages to go through. The Chrome and Edge I tested were the latest versions. Were you using Windows 11 or the newer Mac OS? This may explain why my experience appeared to be anomalous with the rest of you folks testing UBlock.
tested windows 10 11 chrome latest ublock latest all show blank page no redirect waited at least 30 seconds no redirect

•••
Forget bodis if you want to sell domains...
After a split test i see that i lose too many potential buyers.
I only keep bodis for traffic domains that bring money not all my portfolio.

•••
Forget bodis if you want to sell domains...
After a split test i see that i lose too many potential buyers.
I only keep bodis for traffic domains that bring money not all my portfolio.
Thanks for sharing the testing results. Fortunately, that domain at least has already covered its renewal costs, and selling it is less of a priority.
Overall, for Bodis BIN landers, your message is clear and convincing. Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
Back