Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
  1. Dan & Bodis partnership
  2. Domain Management Improvements
  3. Direct Advertisers
(As of today, BODIS has soft launched Ads.com, a subsidiary of BODIS, LLC. With Ads.com we hope to attract some of the largest and highest quality advertisers to further improve revenue on your fail-listed domain names.)

What is next for Bodis?

read more (bodis)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
Thanks guys.

The domain has been owned by Bodis since 2018. We bought it from GoDaddy. They claim they had a fire sale going at the time. I know for a fact we purchased for much less than an offer that the previous seller (before Godaddy) declined in the past. 4X less to be exact.

The one positive is, traffic is substantial for a generic type-in domain name!

•••
Thanks guys.

The domain has been owned by Bodis since 2018. We bought it from GoDaddy. They claim they had a fire sale going at the time. I know for a fact we purchased for much less than an offer that the previous seller (before Godaddy) declined in the past. 4X less to be exact.

The one positive is, traffic is substantial for a generic type-in domain name!
How do firesales happen?
Did they contact you or did you happen ti place an offer at the right time?

25% of an offer they rejected is a damn good deal I would say,

"Ads" has a broadmatch of only 250 K searches. I wonder, what they are typing in for. It is so short, and the letters are next each others so it is not surprising. Willing to divulge how many type in traffic it brings in? Will help in decide in looking LLL when I get rich some day :)

•••
@blogspotter

They needed to meet their year end goals. Unfortunately, I don't think Godaddy knew this domain name had a large offer in the past. In the past, Tessa Helcomb was brokering this domain that was owned by someone else and had a $2.Xm offer on the table. From what I understand, the seller declined but later sold his entire portfolio to GD which included this domain name. Again, from my understanding.

GD re-priced the names, then later wanted to improve year end numbers and was motivated to sell. We did get a steal, it was a six-figure purchase. But we know it is a 7-figure. Actually, an 8-figure name actually.

However, to us it is priceless and I can't even technically put a price on it at this point.

Yes there are many acronyms and a lot of people looking for "ads" related services. We'd have to survey the visitors to see what they are really looking for.

•••
@blogspotter

They needed to meet their year end goals. Unfortunately, I don't think Godaddy knew this domain name had a large offer in the past. In the past, Tessa Helcomb was brokering this domain that was owned by someone else and had a $2.Xm offer on the table. From what I understand, the seller declined but later sold his entire portfolio to GD which included this domain name. Again, from my understanding.

GD re-priced the names, then later wanted to improve year end numbers and was motivated to sell. We did get a steal, it was a six-figure purchase. But we know it is a 7-figure. Actually, an 8-figure name actually.

However, to us it is priceless and I can't even technically put a price on it at this point.

Yes there are many acronyms and a lot of people looking for "ads" related services. We'd have to survey the visitors to see what they are really looking for.
Of course, It is a priceless domain. A Multi Billion Dollar domain. And I am not exaggerating.
I am glad it is in good hands.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back