BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, if Contact Form is set on PC then default banner text will be "Inquire about this domain" (no any mention about sale).

inquire about domain is fine..it implies its for sale

ithought u were talking bout removing that too
only leave form
which i think we both know is bad idea

i must have misunderstood u

•••
I have not asked about removal...
Just suggestion to ADD plain Contact Form...

•••
inquire about domain is fine..it implies its for sale
No.
Inquire - just means "inquire", reasons may be various to inquire.

Regarding practice...
At PC using Contact Form I usually get messages like "Is this domain for sale?" or "I want to buy this domain... Could you sell it?" etc.

+ if default text is not suitable - at PC you can set on banner any text you want.

Last edited:
•••
No.
Inquire - just means "inquire", reasons may be different to inquire.

Regarding practice...
At PC using Contact Form I usually get messages like "Is this domain for sale?" or "I want to buy this domain... Could you sell it?" etc.

+ if default text is not suitable - at PC you can set on banner any text you want.

no. you inquire about domain to find out if its for sale or not.

as you clearly see from examples you just showed of messages you get. all of them are about domain sale.

so it is true that inquire does not mean necessarily domain is for sale. but it is not true that you inquire about anything other than if the domain is for sale or not.

•••
Might have been discussed before, but changing of wording and/or further forsale customization in current bodis setup, even though useful, imho is not the primary change the should be expected from Bodis on this stage. I mean that visitors with some types of adblock installed do not see anything. They do not see ads. Nor they see forsale signs or anything indicating forsale status like contact forms or bin links.

@TroyBodis please correct if I am wrong.

Since about 40% of web surfers are now using some sort of adblocking, it means that any (sub)portfolio parked @ Bodis has a number of potential sale leads lost. A solution might be forwarding such visitors directly to forsale link destination, or to contact form if configured, but it was not the case last time I checked...

Last edited:
•••
Lawyers can inquire as well... and such cases are not rare.
If you still don't understand what "inquire" means.

•••
Hello Jurgen,

We have no immediate plans to implement inquiry form text editing, but this may be implementable in the near future.

If you submit your suggestion via My Account>Suggest a Feature, our developer can take this into future consideration once our new system is live.

Thank you.

How about just plain Contact Form?
Without any mention that "the domain may be for sale" and "Offer" field...

ParkingCrew has it from the beginning.

•••
Hello Tony,

In the presence of ad blockers, if neither ad feed is reachable, and provided that your sale status is active, visitors will be automatically redirected to the inquiry/escrow form or custom url.

If neither ad feeds nor sale options are available, visitors should simply see a "No sponsors" page.

Thanks.

Might have been discussed before, but changing of wording and/or further forsale customization in current bodis setup, even though useful, imho is not the primary change the should be expected from Bodis on this stage. I mean that visitors with some types of adblock installed do not see anything. They do not see ads. Nor they see forsale signs or anything indicating forsale status like contact forms or bin links.

@TroyBodis please correct if I am wrong.

Since about 40% of web surfers are now using some sort of adblocking, it means that any (sub)portfolio parked @ Bodis has a number of potential sale leads lost. A solution might be forwarding such visitors directly to forsale link destination, or to contact form if configured, but it was not the case last time I checked...

•••
Hello @TroyBodis may i know when the Top sale banner option will be implemet to Bodis UI

•••
Lawyers can inquire as well... and such cases are not rare.
If you still don't understand what "inquire" means.

why are you telling bodis how to word their landers so that other people than domain buyers can inquire about other things than domain buying? are you okay?

bodis sale landers should be optimized for only one thing. domain selling. which is why we call them sale landing pages to begin with. let's leave santa clause inquiries out of this please.

end of story. next.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

This is due to be bundled along with our advanced sale option implementation very soon. We're about to begin a testing phase and shortly afterwards, these options are expected to be accessible within the Bodis UI.

We appreciate your patience.

Thank you.

Hello @TroyBodis may i know when the Top sale banner option will be implemet to Bodis UI

Last edited:
•••
We have no immediate plans to implement inquiry form text editing
My suggestion was absolutely another.
I have NOT asked this.
Please reread my posts again and carefully...

I'm talking about the plain Contact Form where no any mention that the domain is for sale. "Offer" field should be absent as well.
Please ADD this form as 2nd option.

Last edited:
•••
In the presence of ad blockers, if neither ad feed is reachable, and provided that your sale status is active, visitors will be automatically redirected to the inquiry/escrow form or custom url.
Troy, I respectfully disagree. Just checked a forsale domain from a browser (firefox palemoon) with Adblock Plus installed (adblock "latitude" flavor with all basic rules from "easylist" enabled, if that matters). I saw an empty page with an URL h t t p : / / www . my domain .com/?z . No ads (as expected), but also no redirection to custom forsale link destination.

Update. Also checked on Mac, normal firefox and "classic" adblock plus. All the same. No ads, no redirection, shown url ends with "/?z".

Last edited:
•••
Hello Jurgen,

I believed that you initially mentioned that ParkingCrew offer a plain inquiry form with no reference to it being for sale. Please be aware that the offer field isn't mandatory.

Do you happen to have an example screenshot/URL so that we can see how it differs from our own inquiry form?

Thank you.

My suggestion was absolutely another.
I have NOT asked this.
Please reread my posts again and carefully...

I'm talking about the plain Contact Form where no any mention that the domain is for sale. "Offer" field should be absent as well.
Please ADD this form as 2nd option.

Last edited:
•••
Hello Tony,

If you're getting a /?z redirect, then we're attempting to apply a forced redirect to the Tier2 feed.

Are you seeing a "No sponsors" page or is the page simply blank?

Thank you.

Troy, I respectfully disagree. Just checked a forsale domain from a browser (firefox palemoon) with Adblock Plus installed (adblock "latitude" flavor with all basic rules from "easylist" enabled, if that matters). I saw an empty page with an URL h t t p : / / www . my domain .com/?z . No ads (as expected), but also no redirection to custom forsale link destination.

Update. Also checked on Mac, normal firefox and "classic" adblock plus. All the same. No ads, no redirection, shown url ends with "/?z".

•••
I believed that you initially mentioned that ParkingCrew offer a plain inquiry form with no reference to it being for sale. Please be aware that the offer field isn't mandatory.

Do you happen to have an example screenshot/URL so that we can see how it differs from our own inquiry form?
You may visit ULTRA.PRO as example... and then click banner to see this form...

p.s. Offer field should be absent completely when using simple Contact Form.

Last edited:
•••
@tonyk2000
Please disable ZeroClick in Bodis settings and then recheck again with adblocker...

•••
Are you seeing a "No sponsors" page or is the page simply blank?
Troy, it is simply blank.
For the sake of completness, I repeated the process with "view http headers" browser extension enabled. No further attempts to redirect me anywhere through any method were shown as far as I can tell.

then we're attempting to apply a forced redirect to the Tier2 feed
Such an attempt, successfull or not, would be fine for not-for-sale domains. It is likely that with an adblocker many attempts would be unsuccessful though, as urls with letter combos like "aff_id" inside may also be blocked. However, if the domain is for sale - then my preference for adblocking visitor would be an immediate redirection to forsale destination instead, without trying zeroclick

Last edited:
•••
Please disable ZeroClick in Bodis settings and then recheck again with adblocker
I also have a number of faillisted not for sale domains with bodis, and the only one bodis account. So I"m looking for a way to serve both not-for-sale faillisted domains (with zero click) and forsale non-faillisted domains (with google ads + sales banner).
Cc @TroyBodis

Last edited:
•••
Hello Jurgen,

We'll be sure to keep this in mind, but please be sure to submit your suggestion via My Account>Suggest a Feature.

Thank you.

You may visit ULTRA.PRO as example... and then click banner to see this form...

p.s. Offer field should be absent completely when using simple Contact Form.

•••
Hello Tony,

Yes, this is understandable. I'm not certain if this is a bug on our end or if we can't apply the redirect for technical reasons. But I'm going to bring this up with our developer, so we should have further details for you shortly.

Could you please forward me your Bodis account details via direct message.

Thank you.

Troy, it is simply blank.
For the sake of completness, I repeated the process with "view http headers" browser extension enabled. No further attempts to redirect me anywhere through any method were shown as far as I can tell.

Such an attempt, successfull or not, would be fine for not-for-sale domains. It is likely that with an adblocker many attempts would be unsuccessful though, as urls with letter combos like "aff_id" inside may also be blocked. However, if the domain is for sale - then my preference for adblocking visitor would be an immediate redirection to forsale destination instead, without trying zeroclick

•••
I also have a number of faillisted not for sale domains with bodis, and the only one bodis account. So I"m looking for a way to serve both not-for-sale faillisted domains (with zero click) and forsale non-faillisted domains (with google ads + sales banner).
You may create PURE ZeroClick account at ParkingCrew... within minutes...
Just don't sign/activate the so-called "Premium ads" (Google feed)... ignore/skip this step.
Their ZeroClick is significantly better than Bodis ZeroClick... at least per my past experience.

•••
•••
You may create PURE ZeroClick account at ParkingCrew
Maybe, someday... Unfortunately I'm somewhat conservative sometimes :) I actually like Bodis, and at some point of time I learned that my account manager from old domainsponsor.com (James) is now with Bodis. Had a great experience working with him before. Not that I needed any serious assistance from him with a small account I maintain with Bodis, but still...

Last edited:
•••
For me the most important factor is REVENUE...
I had a few times higher revenue with ParkingCrew Tier2 VS Bodis Tier2 account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back