BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The best variant for all users - is to provide the additional column "Bot Visits"...
And to not include them when calculating RPM and CTR...

•••
I would generally recommend just comparing revenue figures.

It's hard to strike a balance. Some of our users want us to provide raw revenue figures (including ALL bots, etc etc). Other users want us to provide the most filtered visitors #s we can. Generally speaking we lean towards the filtered side, but we're not too aggressive. Otherwise you'll end up with a lot of clicks with 0 visitors. :)

Any domains in particular you see this RPM difference (last few weeks), please let me know via PM and I'll look into it and see if there's something that clearly sticks out that we can add as a filter profile.

I have Google Analytics set up and I see tons of bot traffic. I worry that these bots are clicking on ads and trashing domain names. I wish there was a way to permanently ban these guys. I've got one scanning my names right now as I type this -- hitting my names 4-5 times each per day, from "ovh hosting inc".

I'd like to see bots weeded out OR have the ability to toggle bot traffic on or off. Here is what I see for the first 1/2 of 2017 on my account: 24,195 sessions of which 26% are what I believe to be the major bot traffic (37%) if I include this "not set" which i am still trying to figure out what it is.

I am learning about this each day so I may be wrong but from what I have been able to find out , much of what is below is bot traffic and I wouldnt mind being able to toggle that traffic on/off to see the different OR an extra column as @Jurgen Wolf has suggested.

upload_2017-7-3_16-14-56.png

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

While we do make an effort to block or discount non-human traffic from appearing in our reports, our ad providers also determine whether this traffic is legitimate or bots, page crawlers, spam, etc., themselves. So it would be unlikely for bot traffic to result in a negative impact on your domains.

In the worst case scenario, we may receive a revenue deduction, and in rarer cases, if the domain is receiving very high volumes of bot traffic, we may need to remove it.

Implementing an additional column with raw traffic stats may be a possibility in the future, as @Jurgen Wolf suggested. Although we have included the independent analytics feature, in part, for this reason.

If you are parking any domains that are concerning you in particular, please feel free to contact us directly and we'll look into it.

Thanks.

I have Google Analytics set up and I see tons of bot traffic. I worry that these bots are clicking on ads and trashing domain names. I wish there was a way to permanently ban these guys. I've got one scanning my names right now as I type this -- hitting my names 4-5 times each per day, from "ovh hosting inc".

I'd like to see bots weeded out OR have the ability to toggle bot traffic on or off. Here is what I see for the first 1/2 of 2017 on my account: 24,195 sessions of which 26% are what I believe to be the major bot traffic (37%) if I include this "not set" which i am still trying to figure out what it is.

I am learning about this each day so I may be wrong but from what I have been able to find out , much of what is below is bot traffic and I wouldnt mind being able to toggle that traffic on/off to see the different OR an extra column as @Jurgen Wolf has suggested.

Show attachment 62978

•••
Yes, it has no any impact on actual revenue...
But leads to very misleading RPM and CTR stats due to these bots... 2-3 times difference Bodis vs ParkingCrew...

•••
we just compared traffic to domains from raw visits, adsesne, parking, Google anaytics and double click ad server. what we found where even btw the same company Google, impressions were different across the board. Not surprising when companies needed to pay you on the traffic like Adsense the impressions were the lowest on products where they charge you per impressions the impressions where highest. You would think the same Google filters would apply to adsesne and their ad server. In the end you will never really control bots and the very definition of a bot is different btw products of the same company. NHT. Its a cat and mouse game that will never match up btw any two services. I would suggest thinking of any traffic as a directional number and to move on and create new features. they will never match up.

At the end of the day the parking companies need to report and adjust a sum of all the ad networks used to provide revenue and there is no questioning the adjustments made by the ad networks. We are all at the mercy of ad networks and parking companies are doing an amazing job at finding and combining new ad partners to get some revenue to every one of your names. No easy task.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

For some time now we have been proactively removing any malware or scareware related ads found on our Tier2 feed.

If you've come across any these malware/scareware ads recently, please open a support ticket or PM me and we will look into this matter immediately.

Thank you.

I've been hesitant of parking companies for this reason. I can't stand having my screen hijacked when going to a domain. I can only imagine what a potential buyer thinks when they visit a domain they're thinking about buying and see's such malware / survey / scareware. I imagine it makes them think the domain has a bad history, thus losing a buyer for good.

I've been running a small test with Bodis for the last 30 days (maybe 50 - 100 domains) through Above.com, and when I visited one of my parked domains, I was pissed to have my browser hijacked with scareware. I immediately changed my NameServers away from Bodis/Above fearing other domains were parked the same way.

I tried to replicate the scareware via link history
(http://failure-error-jqdnx0p.stream...343344345346347348349350351352353354355356357), though I was denied see below and notice how long the URL is??.
upload_2017-7-10_14-9-29.png
Bewow are redirects after going to my domain -- hijacked browser -- scareware.

upload_2017-7-10_13-59-58.png

upload_2017-7-10_13-53-46.png

The second time I checked the domain, I was redirected to a survey.

upload_2017-7-10_14-2-29.png

Last edited:
•••
I've been hesitant of parking companies for this reason. I can't stand having my screen hijacked when going to a domain. I can only imagine what a potential buyer thinks when they visit a domain they're thinking about buying and see's such malware / survey / scareware. I imagine it makes them think the domain has a bad history, thus losing a buyer for good.

I've been running a small test with Bodis for the last 30 days (maybe 50 - 100 domains) through Above.com, and when I visited one of my parked domains, I was pissed to have my browser hijacked with scareware. I immediately changed my NameServers away from Bodis/Above fearing other domains were parked the same way.

(http://failure-error-jqdnx0p.stream...343344345346347348349350351352353354355356357), though I was denied see below and notice how long the URL is??.
Show attachment 63689Bewow are redirects after going to my domain -- hijacked browser -- scareware.

Show attachment 63686
Show attachment 63685

Show attachment 63687

Turn off zero click. That should eliminate these types of ads from sneaking in.

•••
Hello,

Are you certain that your domain name was pointing to Bodis via Above at the time of this occurrence? If so, and you haven't made any changes since then, we would like to try to reproduce it. Once we have located the ad provider, we will have any seemingly malicious ads removed immediately.

Could you please forward your account details to me via PM, along with the name of the domain that you're referring to?

We do apologise for this inconvenience.

Thank you.

Show attachment 63689Bewow are redirects after going to my domain -- hijacked browser -- scareware.

Show attachment 63686
Show attachment 63685

Show attachment 63687

•••
Turn off zero click. That should eliminate these types of ads from sneaking in.

Thanks! I just heard of this term by @biggie in NP chat... This should alleviate my future concerns.

I found the option. Bodis.com > My Account > Account Settings > Parking Settings

upload_2017-7-10_18-12-0.png

Are you certain that your domain name was pointing to Bodis via Above at the time of this occurrence?

Thanks for the quick response! I'll PM you account details. As mentioned below, this could be user error.

I am certain the domain (nameservers) was pointed to Above.com. Bodis is the only parking company I have affiliated with Above.com.

upload_2017-7-10_17-59-45.png

However
, upon further investigation, I am unsure if I ever added my GoDaddy domains to my Bodis / Above.com account. Yesterday, I changed my NS for domains registered at GoDaddy. Today, none of my GD domains show up in my Bodis/Above account (not sure if they ever did) So it's possible that (Yes) I changed the NS but (No) I didn't add them to my Bodis/Above account. Would this cause/allow Above.com to point the domain anywhere they see fit?

Last edited:
•••
The best variant for all users - is to provide the additional column "Bot Visits"...
And to not include them when calculating RPM and CTR...

i think bodis problem is they are not detecting bot visits as bots visits
if they did then they'd just eliminate them fully from all stats.
Thanks! I just heard of this term by @biggie in NP chat... This should alleviate my future concerns.

I found the option. Bodis.com > My Account > Account Settings > Parking Settings

Show attachment 63713

Thanks for the quick response! I'll PM you account details. As mentioned below, this could be user error.

I am certain the domain (nameservers) was pointed to Above.com. Bodis is the only parking company I have affiliated with Above.com.

Show attachment 63712

However
, upon further investigation, I am unsure if I ever added my GoDaddy domains to my Bodis / Above.com account. Yesterday, I changed my NS for domains registered at GoDaddy. Today, none of my GD domains show up in my Bodis/Above account (not sure if they ever did) So it's possible that (Yes) I changed the NS but (No) I didn't add them to my Bodis/Above account. Would this cause/allow Above.com to point the domain anywhere they see fit?

rememebr to uncheck maximizer box at above.com
else it randomly displays zero click ads instead of taking you to bodis.. and it does so more often than not. remember maximizer = zero click ads.. nothing more and nothing less.. gl

Last edited:
•••
rememebr to uncheck maximizer box at above.com
else it randomly displays zero click ads instead of taking you to bodis.. and it does so more often than not. gl

Thanks! My maximizer box is checked on Above.com. I'm starting to think my issue was/is with Above.com/user error, and not Bodis. Sorry Bodis!

•••
Sale Form

Please make MessageBox as mandatory... and minimum 10 chars...

Thanks.

•••
Hello Jurgen,

This option doesn't appear to be included with the release of our advanced sale options, however, these features are on hold for the time being. But I will be sure to forward your suggestion to our developer for future consideration.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Sale Form

Please make MessageBox as mandatory... and minimum 10 chars...

Thanks.

•••
This is how it works by default at ParkingCrew...
To reduce the volume of idiotic offers...

p.s. Via Bodis I receive even $0 offers (and without any message)...

Last edited:
•••
Also I can set Minimum at PC from the beginning...

Last edited:
•••
This is how it works by default at ParkingCrew...
To reduce the volume of idiotic offers...

p.s. Via Bodis I receive even $0 offers (and without any message)...

Same here.

With some of the offers the reply to their email addresse bounces back to me, so valid email address checks would be cool too.

•••
Yes, I also had a few cases regarding invalid email-addresses...

•••
Hello, I can't seem to stay logged in on bodis for more than 30secs, I keep getting logged out.

•••
Hello Sammy,

Have you tried clearing your browser cookies first and then ticking the "Remember me" me box before logging in?

If this problem persists, could you please PM me your account details so that I can ensure your Bodis account is operating as it should be.

Thank you.

Hello, I can't seem to stay logged in on bodis for more than 30secs, I keep getting logged out.

•••
How July performs for you with Bodis?
The worst month for me this year...

But I don't see any negative changes at ParkingCrew... stable as it was...

Last edited:
•••
Hello Jurgen,

The RPM of some keywords do tend to fluctuate at different times of the year. ParkingCrew may well be monetising domains with a steadier month-to-month EPC/RPM.

If you would like me to take a closer look at your Bodis account, please let me know.

Thank you.

How July performs for you with Bodis?
The worst month for me this year...

But I don't see any negative changes at ParkingCrew... stable as it was...

•••
Hi Bodis team,

I config some my free domains to Bodis parking service, but they redirect to mydomain .cf/?z (other domains are .tk domains). It not accept free domains to parking?

•••
@TroyBodis
hi there.. any news for your new system upgrades.. ? optional captcha and others you gave a brief preview of.... they were first scheduled for end of 2015 if memory serves me well of what you said before.. any more news on this 2 years later?

cheers

•••
Hello,

Yes, I believe that .TK domains are still eligible for Tier1 ad monetisation, but if they're being redirected to /?z, then they may have been flagged for review.

If you could forward me your Bodis account details via PM or open a support ticket, we'll look further into this matter for you.

Thank you.

Hi Bodis team,

I config some my free domains to Bodis parking service, but they redirect to mydomain .cf/?z (other domains are .tk domains). It not accept free domains to parking?

•••
Hello Alcy,

While we don't have any previews of our upcoming changes as of yet, I can assure you that our lead developer has resumed working on these updates full-time now.

We're expecting to see some of these new updates rolled out before the end of this year, possibly within the next couple of months.

Thank you for your continued patience.

@TroyBodis
hi there.. any news for your new system upgrades.. ? optional captcha and others you gave a brief preview of.... they were first scheduled for end of 2015 if memory serves me well of what you said before.. any more news on this 2 years later?

cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back