BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Im aware of that part. I just need the feature for my names. I tend to stay away from banned names

•••
@TroyBodisCould you please double check this? We can communicate through PMs

I am really disappointed. Instead of payment today, I got this:
Hello Robert,

After a thorough review of your domain name portfolio and the quality of your traffic, we have made the decision to extend the holding period on your future earnings to one month. This means that you will be receiving your earnings on a NET-37 basis going forward.

This is simply a safety measure which will allow you to earn as much as possible while parking your domain names with us, along with added protection against possible deductions by our ad providers on your earnings.

Rest assured that once you've received your initial NET-37 payment, you will continue to receive your parking earnings by the 7th of each month, provided that we do not receive any substantial chargebacks during this time.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to get in touch with support.

Note: This notification has also been sent to your Bodis account.

Sincerely,
The Bodis Team

This has never happened to me before. I have 7-8 parking accounts all are functioning for 5 years+ and ve never had a funds on hold. My traffic is 1000% natural, not a single click was originating out of unnatural traffic and Ive had in all those years thousends of them even such in 100+ USD range. Once my PC account was suspended but it was their mistake, because the accounting team has put a coma in the earnings section one place to the right. When I contacted them theyve said it was an error on their side.

Last edited:
•••
Hello Robert,

If you received this notification, it's likely that one or more of your domain names were receiving low quality traffic/clicks during the current earning's cycle and therefore your Bodis account would have been flagged as a high risk for future deductions.

As a precaution, we sometimes need to extend the withholding period of payments an additional 30 to 60 days to protect ourselves, depending on how high this chargeback risk is.

If you could forward me your Bodis account details or open a support ticket, we will get back to you on this matter shortly.

Thank you.

@TroyBodisCould you please double check this? We can communicate through PMs

I am really disappointed. Instead of payment today, I got this:
Hello Robert,

After a thorough review of your domain name portfolio and the quality of your traffic, we have made the decision to extend the holding period on your future earnings to one month. This means that you will be receiving your earnings on a NET-37 basis going forward.

This is simply a safety measure which will allow you to earn as much as possible while parking your domain names with us, along with added protection against possible deductions by our ad providers on your earnings.

Rest assured that once you've received your initial NET-37 payment, you will continue to receive your parking earnings by the 7th of each month, provided that we do not receive any substantial chargebacks during this time.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to get in touch with support.

Note: This notification has also been sent to your Bodis account.

Sincerely,
The Bodis Team

This has never happened to me before. I have 7-8 parking accounts all are functioning for 5 years+ and ve never had a funds on hold. My traffic is 1000% natural, not a single click was originating out of unnatural traffic and Ive had in all those years thousends of them even such in 100+ USD range. Once my PC account was suspended but it was their mistake, because the accounting team has put a coma in the earnings section one place to the right. When I contacted them theyve said it was an error on their side.

•••
But I still dont get it. How chargebacks are possible if the traffic is 100% natural? It seems I only have issues with Bodis concerning this and I feel humiliated, since people who know me, simply know I didnt force NOT A SINGLE click on any of domains I have and Ive had thousands of clicks, even in 100+ USD range. For me its not the problem to wait additional 30 days, but the thought there was a sort of click fraud or sending the traffic. I have 8 parking accounts for several years now and Ive never had any issues of questioning my traffic plus my chargebacks hardly exceed 1 per cent.

•••
Hello Robert,

In my recent follow up to your support ticket, I mentioned that your account was already hit with multiple chargebacks from our Tier1 ad provider in the past. These chargebacks were considerably large in relation to your earnings at the time.

Given the recent spike in clicks we've observed to a number of your high EPC domains, there is a risk that these chargebacks will reoccur.

While click spikes and chargebacks can occur naturally, we still need to take these precautions in order to protect ourselves.

Once your CTR has stabilised and if no chargebacks occur in the meantime, we will lower the withholding period on your payments back to NET-7.

We appreciate your patience.

Thank you.

But I still dont get it. How chargebacks are possible if the traffic is 100% natural? It seems I only have issues with Bodis concerning this and I feel humiliated, since people who know me, simply know I didnt force NOT A SINGLE click on any of domains I have and Ive had thousands of clicks, even in 100+ USD range. For me its not the problem to wait additional 30 days, but the thought there was a sort of click fraud or sending the traffic. I have 8 parking accounts for several years now and Ive never had any issues of questioning my traffic plus my chargebacks hardly exceed 1 per cent.

•••
Ok I understand now. The chargebacks were large at that time only because I was getting bunch of 30 to 50 USD clicks, so the clicks were a different order of magnitude than in average user account where some 0.10 clicks get chargebacked.

•••
Knock Knock, Trick Or Cheat?

•••

I don't get it either

when you figure it out how chargebacks are possible if 100% natural traffic.. then I am sure everyone here would love to hear.

•••
I don't get it either

when you figure it out how chargebacks are possible if 100% natural traffic.. then I am sure everyone here would love to hear.

The case could be some advertisers dont play fair, I have no idea why the G. is simply not blocking them. Some like to do that in their Adwords especially when we talk about 5 USD and up clicks. This brings them cheaper traffic. The other more exotic option is that the user of parked page clicked THE SAME AD in 30 days time frame. That kind of clicks Google already erases in few days or at the end of the month, so most plausible option is the 1. one.

•••
There are all the time chargebacks in this industry I guess, although when having high CPC domains like I have at Bodis, you are more exposed. If you get for instance 10 0.1 USD clicks if one or 2 gets CB there will be no big deal, BUT my case with Bodis is that I have a bunch of high CPC domains parked there, so when I get lets say 10 clicks in average of 5 USD and 1 or 2 clicks get CB they will not see 10% Chargeback but instead 5 to 10 USD plus and you fall in different category than people with the same percentage of chargebacked clicks but in a 0.20 USD range.

•••
There are all the time chargebacks in this industry I guess, although when having high CPC domains like I have at Bodis, you are more exposed. If you get for instance 10 0.1 USD clicks if one or 2 gets CB there will be no big deal, BUT my case with Bodis is that I have a bunch of high CPC domains parked there, so when I get lets say 10 clicks in average of 5 USD and 1 or 2 clicks get CB they will not see 10% Chargeback but instead 5 to 10 USD plus and you fall in different category than people with the same percentage of chargebacked clicks but in a 0.20 USD range.

thanks for your more expert parking input.

my highest rpc is maybe 60cents
so this problem may not arise for me.

so this is not really company dependent in your view, and more about rpc, and one can see this happen on bodis.. as well as say parkcrew?

•••
I never had such warnings from Bodis...
But $0.00 clicks after Google's finalization - happen regularly for me... In most cases - they are originated from India...

Last edited:
•••
But $0.00 clicks after Google's finalization - happen regularly for me... In most cases - they are originated from India...

Yes, I also get those $0 clicks. Frustrating to say the least!

Wish I knew more about this parking stuff. It seems like such a black box: We know what goes in (traffic), we know what comes out ($), but what happens inside is often a mystery! :)

•••
Hello Robert,

Yes, domains with higher EPCs do tend to undergo a more thorough evaluation for quality and conversion by our Tier1 ad provider. These chargebacks can occur anywhere up to 90 days following your payment.

Chargebacks may occur for any number of reasons, including false ad clicks, misleading/unrelated referrals and even advertiser error/failure. It is quite common that domain name owners are unaware that this is happening until a chargeback has been issued.

I'm afraid that we receive very little prior warning.

Thank you.

The case could be some advertisers dont play fair, I have no idea why the G. is simply not blocking them. Some like to do that in their Adwords especially when we talk about 5 USD and up clicks. This brings them cheaper traffic. The other more exotic option is that the user of parked page clicked THE SAME AD in 30 days time frame. That kind of clicks Google already erases in few days or at the end of the month, so most plausible option is the 1. one.

•••
Hello,

Yes, $0.00 ad clicks do tend to arise with lower converting traffic in combination with low paying keywords. But this could also be spam, bots, page crawlers. Our tracking system may incidentally report an ad click as valid, while our Tier1 ad provider dismisses it as false, resulting in no click revenue.

Inversely, our Tier1 ad provider may approve an ad click which our tracker failed to report. This is why you'll sometime see Tier1 revenue where visitors and/or ad clicks are absent.

Thank you.

Yes, I also get those $0 clicks. Frustrating to say the least!

Wish I knew more about this parking stuff. It seems like such a black box: We know what goes in (traffic), we know what comes out ($), but what happens inside is often a mystery! :)

•••
Hello,

Yes, $0.00 ad clicks do tend to arise with lower converting traffic in combination with low paying keywords. But this could also be spam, bots, page crawlers. Our tracking system may incidentally report an ad click as valid, while our Tier1 ad provider dismisses it as false, resulting in no click revenue.

Inversely, our Tier1 ad provider may approve an ad click which our tracker failed to report. This is why you'll sometime see Tier1 revenue where visitors and/or ad clicks are absent.

Thank you.

good info
I was about to ask why sometimes I see $1 of revenue on a day for a domain.. and it says zero click. and its 2click setup.. not some direct ads or such. ty.

•••
Hi @TroyBodis

For some reason, many domains in my portfolio are taking a long time to load, and one of the parked domains is redirecting to the landing page instead of showing ads, I have enabled 'inquiry' but disabled redirect. Domain Link.

•••
Hi @TroyBodis

For some reason, many domains in my portfolio are taking a long time to load, and one of the parked domains is redirecting to the landing page instead of showing ads, I have enabled 'inquiry' but disabled redirect. Domain Link.

I am having the same problem... there are no ads showing it just does redirect to somewhere but never gets there.

Also the options for zero click, 1 click, etc are gone now.

•••
All my names which are parked on bodis have issue. Landing pages are not opening.

•••
1-click mode has been cancelled by Google.
That's why it disappeared on Bodis as well.

Last edited:
•••
All my names which are parked on bodis have issue. Landing pages are not opening.
It works for me from Ukraine...

•••

This seems to have broken all of my names that have an optional link to click for redirect.

•••

Should we change our settings to something else?

•••
We can't change this behaviour.
The domains will work via 2-click mode. The only one which is supported by Google from now...

Last edited:
•••
So or 2-click (Auto), or 0-click (ZeroClick).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back