Dynadot

Blockchain Domain Name Service (BDNS) is launching soon!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

55Domains

Top Member
Impact
Hello Everyone,

I took an extensive break from domaining, but have been back for some time and am currently also involved in BDNS, I am creating this thread as we will soon launch it, and to answer any questions anyone may have before hand.

BDNS is the world’s first Blockchain naming system introducing Name-Only Domains (NODs). NODs are NFTs which you can mint that attach to your wallet address on Ethereum with a name-only character/number combination.

So far, all NFTs offering wallet and domain name configurations (Such as ENS or UD) contain an unessential TLD in the name (e.g. “Blockchain.eth” “Bitcoin.sol” or "Games.zil" etc). BDNS has developed the technology to remove this cumbersome aspect of address masking.

With BDNS NODs, your chosen wallet address is simply one customized string of characters such as “Blockchain” "Games" or "Bitcoin". Not only is this easier to remember, the more fluid functionality of the single Name-Only configuration holds huge promise for the future of Metaverse/Web3 location identification.

In addition to offering NFTs, BDNS is developing its own proprietary wallet which will allow any user to configure their NOD on the Ethereum Blockchain so that it reflects their unique address. With a BDNS wallet, users will be able to send and receive coins and NFTs from a customized name without any unnecessary TLD extension!

BDNS NODs are priced at a highly-attractive price-point, making them accessible for everyone and are a 100% decentralized domain name solution. Prices are as low as $9 per mint for 99.9% of NODs, with additional annual renewal discounts when purchased upfront. (A 70% discount on 2+years)

Further, if you are a Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) holder of an Ape numbered between #1000-#9999 then you can claim your corresponding four-digit number for absolutely free for a limited time period.

BDNS NODs are next-generation premium Blockchain domain name real estate, promising to revolutionize the way we interact with addresses and locations on a decentralized internet using Web3.

Don't miss out on a strictly first-come, first-serve (no private mint) opportunity to claim your own unique name at the forthcoming launch of BDNS. To learn more, visit the links below:

Bdns.App

Telegram: Click for invite

Discord: Click for invite

Any questions, I will be happy to answer over the next few days before we launch.

This is a sponsored post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for all the feedback!

So we think that BDNS is more than a fairytale. It's got great engineers for a start, and it has also got some of the lowest-priced wallet address names around. Blockchain is $9; Bitcoin is taken for Bitcoin.com but if it was available it would also be $9. Satoshi is $9. 88888 is $9. Lots of them are $9 - in fact, you'll be genuinely surprised how many of them are. The entry price is really low for most of these. Hopefully soon a test net version of the app will be up and you can try them out. BDNS NODs are more than just tokens you can mint. There is a BDNS wallet that is actively in development right now where you can use these NFTs to configure your wallet address and this will be rolled out in the second quarter.

We don't think it's a cash grab at all. In fact, with the amount of money and time that has gone into creating the solution, they really represent some of the cheapest mintable web3 products out there, especially as they are being designed to be actually functional for a purpose. Perhaps other wallets will take BDNS NODs, perhaps not - this remains to be seen. We are more about building an ecosystem of users however, so are not too bothered if only our BDNS wallet configures the NFTs at this stage.

In terms of web browsers, this is a longer term objective and we have some ongoing discussions and ideas as to this effect. The decentralized web isn't an either/or. It's not a case of using BDNS vs. Handshake for example. The two are completely different solutions. Handshake lets you own a TLD and sell sub-domains; with BDNS, it's the opposite - there is literally only one of every name. The Metaverse when you boil it down really comes down to one phrase - it's a "browsing experience." There will be many browsing experiences online over the coming years and BDNS is just one of these - first on Blockchain, and over time, if this works, hopefully on a decentralized web.

It's worth checking out our community to participate in these sorts of discussions. At the end of the day, a decentralized web is just that - it's a user experience of many different on-centralized versions. We think there is a place for BDNS and that it'll be worthwhile.
I'll be honest to me this sounds more like AOL Keywords from 25+ years ago...where you can own a term on a specific platform.

Where is the money for the "premium" registrations going?

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but decentralization is just an overused marketing buzz word at this point. It is like "disrupt", "game changer", "outside the box", etc.

You actually need some centralization when it comes to software, nameservers, etc. for things to operate in the real world.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
What's the difference between what you call a "NOD" and a TLD in the root zone (regardless if traditional or Handshake root)?

Your main selling point seems to be that there's no further need for a TLD. But aren't your domains TLDs themselves? TLDs without the possibility of creating sub-level domains it seems.

You can already access TLDs directly without any dot, if they're configured accordingly. Most Handshake names are used in that way. No TLD owner has to create second-level domains, but they have the flexibility to do that if they want to.

Handshake is about as decentralized as possible and the protocol is very well thought out. It allows for lightweight and trustless name resolution, which is an essential requirement for a decentralized naming system that can actually solve problems. It can be used for wallet addresses as well.

Don't see what advantages your solution can offer over that.

Anyway, good luck!

•••
This reminds me of AOL keywords from decades ago where you can own a certain term on their platform. It makes me wonder the question of where is the money for premium regs going? Decentralization is just an overused marketing term at this point. You actually need some centralization when it comes to software and nameservers at least that's how it works in the real world. To me this is really a scam and I'd never buy.

•••
This reminds me of AOL keywords from decades ago where you can own a certain term on their platform. It makes me wonder the question of where is the money for premium regs going? Decentralization is just an overused marketing term at this point. You actually need some centralization when it comes to software and nameservers at least that's how it works in the real world. To me this is really a scam and I'd never buy.
I'll be honest to me this sounds more like AOL Keywords from 25+ years ago...where you can own a term on a specific platform.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but decentralization is just an overused marketing buzz word at this point. It is like "disrupt", "game changer", "outside the box", etc.

You actually need some centralization when it comes to software, nameservers, etc. for things to operate in the real world.

Brad
This is exactly the same thing I said earlier in this thread.

It is almost verbatim, with a handful or words being changed. Why?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
This is exactly the same thing I said earlier in this thread.

It is almost verbatim, with a handful or words being changed. Why?

Brad
Didn't read what you said before posting but it is completely different. Also, not sure if you said it's a scam. Do you think it's a scam?

•••
Didn't read what you said before posting but it is completely different. Also, not sure if you said it's a scam. Do you think it's a scam?
Please. Come on man...

There is no way the exact same thoughts, in the exact same order, with nearly the exact same words is a real statistical possibility. That stretches credulity.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
is there any place where I can list my domains like GPT.c or Bard.c?

Thanks

•••

Brad

Hi Brad - this is a really apt analogy for BDNS. It is like an AOL keywords for Blockchain, that's right. A small portion of the revenues go directly to the engineers who are working on building the solution and to the seed investors and the rest will go into a company that will fund the development of the product and the platform over time. Ownership of the NODs is decentralized in this way with more centralization around the platform.

You're right that decentralization makes it hard for products in Web3 to fully scale in that there is no funding available very often to see this through. A big part of our goal is to address this. To be honest, we do not only want to invest in BDNS platform but also in the other really promising technologies out there in the space. Specifically, if we sell enough of these we will be able to do this and make many solutions cross-compatible which would be fantastic.

Engineering and user-friendly platform development is our primary aim as we think this will win out and really contribute to the space over time.

Thanks again for your excellent example. We can use this going forward as an analogy which is really helpful.

Last edited:
•••
already did this at https://uncensorabledomains.com , which can be bought with my own token $NVM at https://nvm.xyz . If you do not have a lot of cash to invest , then the project is doomed , only advertising on forums is not enough

Good luck though

Last edited:
•••
already did this at https://uncensorabledomains.com , which can be bought with my own token $NVM at https://nvm.xyz . If you do not have a lot of cash to invest , then the project is doomed , only advertising on forums is not enough

Good luck though
How is that, this?

As I see it, you are using .un as a domain extension.

This/other forums will not be the only place we will advertise it.

•••
Stick to domaining. This just sounds like a scheme.

•••
Screenshot from 2023-03-24 09-51-37.png

•••
•••
Stick to domaining. This just sounds like a scheme.

BDNS is a new network with what we've tried to make a low entry price with a highly decentralized minting opportunity so that lots of people can afford to participate for next to nothing (rather than a few heavy hitters being able to get in for a lot of money). This is the opposite of a scheme.

It'll become more apparent as the platform evolves and we continue to build on it that this is self-evident, so if you are not sure, there is no harm in waiting and watching as we build. For those who want to sample the platform from inception early on, great Name-Only NFTs are available for negligible cost.

•••
BDNS is a new network with what we've tried to make a low entry price with a highly decentralized minting opportunity so that lots of people can afford to participate for next to nothing (rather than a few heavy hitters being able to get in for a lot of money). This is the opposite of a scheme.

As long as there are "premium tier" names, none of what you wrote above is true. For $9 I would buy 'pb' just for fun and then root for your success. But if you're going to replicate the abysmal nTLD cash-grab model, you might crash and burn for all I care. No offense. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
As long as there are "premium tier" names, none of what you wrote above is true. For $9 I would buy 'pb' just for fun and then root for your success. But if you're going to replicate the abysmal nTLD cash-grab model, you might crash and burn for all I care. No offense. :xf.rolleyes:
Well, I guess we gotta go back to the good old "premium real estate" example.

Imagine taking a few mil usd and building a housing park, logically, all the nicer ones which can only be built on a strict limit and in certain quantity, you would sell for more than the ones you can build in larger quantity and without limitations?

If we were to put the same entry price on "AA" as we put on "888" or "8888", then all the "AA" Would be bought up by 3-4 guys within the first hour....That being said, as mentioned previously by BDNS, there are tons of good names at $9, such as "Satoshi" "Blockchain" "55555 or 66666" etc etc.... which someone can get and "root for us" with.

•••
Well, I guess we gotta go back to the good old "premium real estate" example.

Imagine taking a few mil usd and building a housing park, logically, all the nicer ones which can only be built on a strict limit and in certain quantity, you would sell for more than the ones you can build in larger quantity and without limitations?

If we were to put the same entry price on "AA" as we put on "888" or "8888", then all the "AA" Would be bought up by 3-4 guys within the first hour....That being said, as mentioned previously by BDNS, there are tons of good names at $9, such as "Satoshi" "Blockchain" "55555 or 66666" etc etc.... which someone can get and "root for us" with.
It is no mystery why a company would do that, however I don't consider something "decentralized" when the supply is being controlled by one authority and there are "premium" tiers and/or renewals fees.

That actually sounds more similar to new domain registries.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The search box on bdns.app does not work, the certificate for app.bdns.app is incorrect.

The Github link at the bottom of the page is blank.

The [email protected] email address redirects to [email protected]
If you don't know how to setup an email account on the server or you don't have money for that, I can direct you to free mail services.

Let's meet again when you sort things out, maybe then we'll consider getting scammed...

•••
If we were to put the same entry price on "AA" as we put on "888" or "8888", then all the "AA" Would be bought up by 3-4 guys within the first hour....

Yeah, that's the nTLD mentality, where registries want to be domainers at the same time. Guess what, you can either eat the cake or keep it and watch it rot.

Last edited:
•••
BDNS NODs are priced at a highly-attractive price-point, making them accessible for everyone and are a 100% decentralized domain name solution. Prices are as low as $9 per mint for 99.9% of NODs, with additional annual renewal discounts when purchased upfront. (A 70% discount on 2+years)
What happens when the "renewal" is not paid?

It sounds like there are smart contracts built-in where the creators are perpetually profiting, which doesn't sound "decentralized" to me

•••
The search box on bdns.app does not work, the certificate for app.bdns.app is incorrect.

The Github link at the bottom of the page is blank.

The [email protected] email address redirects to [email protected]
If you don't know how to setup an email account on the server or you don't have money for that, I can direct you to free mail services.

Let's meet again when you sort things out, maybe then we'll consider getting scammed...
All the above are things fixed within a day, an hour even, right now we are building out the final contract (For the Apes), everything will be working on launch.

•••
What happens when the "renewal" is not paid?

It sounds like there are smart contracts built-in where the creators are perpetually profiting, which doesn't sound "decentralized" to me
Its the same as with ENS.

Almost any build in web3 either has a xxxx Eth raise or a perpetual profit for the creators/co, if that was not the case, why would anyone do it? Its always about making a buck just as with anything else.

Its decentralized in the sense that we cannot interact with the contract once its live, e.g, register names ourselfs for free or delete names from others, etc etc, which would all be possible on a centralized system.

•••
Its the same as with ENS.

Almost any build in web3 either has a xxxx Eth raise or a perpetual profit for the creators/co, if that was not the case, why would anyone do it? Its always about making a buck just as with anything else.

Its decentralized in the sense that we cannot interact with the contract once its live, e.g, register names ourselfs for free or delete names from others, etc etc, which would all be possible on a centralized system.

Yes - the renewable revenue enables us to maintain network upgrades and expand upon the offering over time. The very worst thing you can do to a network is not to continually fund upgrades, improvements and expansion.

In terms of pricing of the premium tiers, they are not outrageous either. Again, we have kept them very competitive.

BDNS is a network product. It will end up succeeding if the network experience is great, not as a result of many of the other factors raised on this thread (although they are interesting discussion points, for sure). This early post is just to bring the launch of the network to everyone's attention who might be interested to know about it.

•••
BDNS has launched last week, for anyone interested to take a look.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back