Namers

branding BLOCK.xyz

Namecheap

topdom

Top Contributor
Impact
What does .xyz mean, nothing. Less meaningful than .rodeo or .ninja. I prefer at least 50 newtlds to .xyz. x y z sounds like blah blah blah, or etc. to me. Also resembles .xxx.

And, is block a verb or noun. If it is a verb it has a negative meaning. If it is noun, a rectangle, or a higher dimensional version (a container) comes to mind. Then it becomes positive, but still not very meaningful. Must be related to blockchain. And blockchain is a chain not a block.
But overall I like the keyword: block.

Last edited:
Impact
It's this reason why I believe XYZ domains being sold on sav are being sold for chump change. A company like Square paying 5k for a domain is an outrage, to me at least, in the grand scheme of things.

This is the key point to takeaway IMO.

You could easily see Block.com selling from $500k (min) up to $5m so that means .xyz is worth 0.1% - 1% of a .com

Google paid $3,800 for Alphabet.xyz

You can't expect to find easy ROI in these extensions if Google and Square are paying $5k and under.

Last edited:
This is the key point to takeaway IMO.

You could easily see Block.com selling from $500k (min) up to $5m so that means .xyz is worth 0.1% - 1% of a .com

Google paid $3,800 for Alphabet.xyz

You can't expect to find easy ROI in these extensions if Google and Square are paying $5k and under.
You have received a response to this message from those participating. 3 downvotes, quite a debate eh? 😂

Is that what they paid for block.xyz then, 5k?

Top Bottom