Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was thinking domainers and maybe registry representatives can post hints, current deals, and deals to come as Black Friday approaches! This can be a win win for domainers and registries. This can be a great on going thread if we contribute to it regularly making it easy to search for discounts and deals. As it can be hard and time consuming searching registry by registry for a wonderful promo in niche TLDs ccTLDS and GTLDs as some of them are only for a few days and even a few hours long. I'm thinking something like below. It doesn't have to be just like that but the more details the better. Happy Hunting

Who:Registry
Extension(s) with Original cost + Discount cost
When: Start and end date/time
Limit/Restrictions: 1 per account? / unlimited?

I just got an email from Whois.com so I'll post their promos:
Current Promo
.net promo $3.88
.Biz promo $5.48
.ME promo $4.88
.in promo $3.88
.CN promo $6.88
.US promo $4.88

Valid only from November 27th to November 30th!
.Space promo $1.58
.Website promo $1.58
.Site promo $1.58
.Online promo $5.88
.Tech promo $5.88
NOTE:
  • These special offers are applicable to the 1st Year of New Domain Registrations only.
  • Renewals, Transfers and Premium Registrations will not attract this special pricing.
  • There are no restrictions on the number of domains that can be registered through this promotion.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seems like nc doesn't want to include .com registrations
When each one costs them several times what they're offering them for, no they don't. They're included as a way of keeping interest high, or at least to keep people tuned in.

•••
Bad bad just had 5 in basket, could have added 10 domains.

•••
SOLD out in 5 seconds or so. I had added funded, everything was on carts, still could not register. Damn!

•••
Could not even register one. The deal page showed "deal not started" while the coupons was counting down!!!

Last edited:
•••
I thought it was 2 domains, but this last one says 10. Damn, could have added a few more :)

•••
Scratch that, didn't even get the 2 I ordered.

"Internal error occurred while calling service provider."

•••
You can get it by talking to customer care. For me It happened 3 times today. if order failed but shows discount applied, you are safe. just call them
Mine
Scratch that, didn't even get the 2 I ordered.

"Internal error occurred while calling service provider."

•••
Thanks, I tried again and it went through. Their site is getting hammered.

•••
I think no one added 10 domains :)

•••
•••
Is the next one the last one? Or second last?

•••
The last I think, as in Blackfriday 23:00 was the last

Hopefully will be able to get myself another couple domains today

Last edited:
•••
@namesilo Next year, we're waiting such incredible promotions from you too, please. :-$

•••
Got 12 names for the last two .com deals for a total of $13.92. Thanks NC!

•••
GOOD DOMAIN REGGIN FUN !!! Whats the total number of domains you registered this ThanksGiving ???

Myself

.com - 38 at $1 each
.com transfers - 15
.xyz - 12 at $0.25 each
.site - 1
.website -1

All The Best with your Domain Ventures. A Big Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving again to all Domainers out here on NP

See you around
TickDomain

•••
GOOD DOMAIN REGGIN FUN !!! Whats the total number of domains you registered this ThanksGiving ???

Myself

.com - 38 at $1 each
.com transfers - 15
.xyz - 12 at $0.25 each
.site - 1
.website -1

All The Best with your Domain Ventures. A Big Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving again to all Domainers out here on NP

See you around
TickDomain
Find any good ones? :)

•••
All the domains we find as a domainer are good ones.. isn't it :) .. atleast while we reg them crazily !

Picked up ones which i might use for myself .. some dictionary words, animals, flower, geo services and product domains.

How about yours ?

•••
24 .tech 1.25ea
4 xyz .25-.50
5 .co .88

Tried some .cheap com's 2-3 times with no luck...settled on a handful at 5.99

•••
Promotions were much better this year - esp. a lot of transfers BUT...
I ended up with $12 balance - they changed 6th transfer coupon for another registration.
Not to mention most people probably assumed it will be 2 instead of 10.
I don't get why they would do that - it just pissed off those who didn't have time to add more...

Still 50 transfers is better than 10...
I wonder if they'll skip "move your domain day" ($4 transfers) next year because of that.

•••
One of their new policies (DAC Quote) 'To improve customer satisfaction' (/Quote) was removing the option to remove auto renew on domains. Furthermore these domains would automatically be charged to your credit card a few months before expiration date. When asking for a refund, you would instead get a 'credit' that would be applied to your next 'purchase'...which was automatically charged (on domains that previously did not have auto-renew activated). If you were lucky after spending a few hours on hold and/or on the phone you would get a promise of refund a few days later which never came. so you had to call back a few times for each credit, then for each refund. Eventually you got your money back, but some of your sanity was gone.

A few weeks before they started these policies (and others i forget) i had made a small change to the whois info on the large majority of these domains. DAC refused to allow transfers for 60 days following these changes despite having suddenly made all these radical (borderline fraudulent) policy changes 'without notice'... So i was stuck with this loop until i removed my credit card from their site...this too presented it's difficulties because you could not request an authorization code to transfer out without having a credit card on file...so you had to call for each of those too when the time finally came. These are not fond memories...thanks for bringing them up lol ;)

Hi Matrix,

Your experience with our move from 'auto renew' to 'always renew' is unfortunate and seems to have kicked off a series of unfortunate events.

We moved to an 'always renew' model as a protection mechanism to make sure our customers do not unknowingly lose their domains. If you no longer want the domain, let us know, we will get rid of it. The majority of our customers do not understand the domain lifecycle nor do they have interest in understanding it. We utilized a paradigm that our customers could relate to. We attempt to bill early to protect your domain from expiration and take out expensive Registry recovery fees from the equation.

Now, we acknowledge that we failed to measure the impact it would have on customers managing larger portfolios who rely on the flexibility and efficiency in buying, selling and dropping domains. We have been working with our customers to find proper solutions on a case by case basis, all the while collecting information to ensure we make properly measured improvements to empower this customer segment.

As the newly appointed Product Manager with Rebel, I can attest to our customer first approach on this. The feedback i have read in this forum is invaluable and will help us drive our product in the right direction. We have come up with strategies to restore auto renew functionality for larger portfolios and membership-less volume discount pricing focused on allowing you to grow with us, instead of chafing against us. Feel free to pm me for a more direct conversation and to give me more feedback. I am very interested in open dialogue.

Cheers,
Steve

•••
Was able to do 17 domain transfers but was there all 6 times trying to use the coupon and was able to use it only two times :(

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back