Watch

capybara

capybaraTop Member
Impact
Today Dan homepage features two "sales":
n0lzUg9.png

His profile reveals a number of domains priced at €100 each:
M0r89PB.png

Looks like a great opportunity to grab an LLL, LLLL and some other nice names!

#ownershipverificationneeded

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@DAN.COM You need to look into this immediately, does not look good when your homepage tells people they just missed BlackFriday.com which is a developed website and not sold on DAN.

These names listed on an account opened today don't look right, and would never be 100 Euros.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I contacted support and Reza on here I sent pm.

•••
Wow $133 for MILF.com?

I have to ask my wife if I can buy that one :xf.wink:

•••

Last edited:
•••
Bought like 10 of them! cant wait to flip them here at NamePros. :sneaky:

•••
He has been a DAN member, since, today.

Attachments

• 302977A4-93CD-41DE-BAF8-730FB768507F.jpeg
    302977A4-93CD-41DE-BAF8-730FB768507F.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
•••
I love DAN, they are an advertiser but they might need to get some verification in place because you can't have your website telling people they just missed BlackFriday.com when it's a developed website. Milf.com obviously developed and NSFW x 2 not safe for work or wife to see.

•••
•••
Billy has 98 domains listed all at $113 like,

Crypto.com
OkBommer.com
Babe.com
Armateur.com
Bitcoins.com

Last edited:
•••
the longer Billy’s farce runs...worse DAN looks

Last edited:
•••
•••
Could be asleep, it's almost 2 in the morning in Amsterdam, unless they have people elsewhere. I'm always missing when they're online for the Live Chat because of the time difference.

•••
Today Dan homepage features two "sales":
n0lzUg9.png

His profile reveals a number of domains priced at €100 each:
M0r89PB.png

Looks like a great opportunity to grab an LLL, LLLL and some other nice names!

#ownershipverificationneeded

could it be these are those sneaky deeky idn characters mixed with regular letters? like

L + IDN+ L.com?
IDN +L+L.com?
L+L+IDN.com?
or even IDN+IDN+IDN.com

Those characters sure look "questionable"

•••
I wish Dan would go dual time zone, I always feel they are away during US business hours, it doesn’t make much sense when they have such a large user base just sitting around waiting for support to come at 1am, it takes twice as long to get things resolved like that.

•••
There's another troubling concern: an organized disruption of the aftermarket. Today Dan, tomorrow Sedo, next day Afternic, etc. Including fishnet bots sending a fake inquiries / offers, pinging and collecting ID data ...

Regards

•••
•••
I wish Dan would go dual time zone, I always feel they are away during US business hours, it doesn’t make much sense when they have such a large user base just sitting around waiting for support to come at 1am, it takes twice as long to get things resolved like that.

That was my thought as well when I sent the support message. You need people around at more than just your own business hours.

•••
Looks like Billy's inventory is now gone thanks to Ray (y)

•••
I dont understand why people actually bought them. Use ur brain and dont waste ur time

•••
Thank you for raising this issue. The problem here is a human one. As long as people are involved in the domain listing process, some will for some reason add fake listings. We've seen Undeveloped.com and DAN.COM being listed at all major marketplaces by different sellers so many times that we stopped fighting it. It's something that's very hard to battle, even with ownership verification in place.

What we're doing to prevent this from happening too often is to manage a growing list of active sites that we add to a blacklist. By doing this we prevent sellers from adding those domains to our inventory. We automatically also block the top 50,000 Alexa ranking sites for example.

And in a week or two, our revamped automated domain ownership verification will go live, however, as mentioned that won't make these cases disappear.

Lastly, keep in mind that no seller can benefit from adding fake listings and no buyer can become a victim of fake listings either since no transaction can be concluded without the seller actually delivering the domain.

We thank the community for its safeguarding activities and encourage our users to always contact us when in doubt over a seller profile or listing. Our staff will act diligently when needed.

•••
The problem here is a human one. As long as people are involved in the domain listing process, some will for some reason add fake listings

Respectfully, wouldn't ownership verification or validated access to the domain help prevent this?

e.g. System doesn't add domain to Dan.com inventory until domain ownership authenticated via nameserver or other method that only somebody with access to the domain could authenticate? Or special benefits arise once domain ownership has been verified such as eligibility to be featured on the front page as a new domain listed or...?

And if that's too restrictive or too much of a change from current policy, then perhaps a smaller fix (keeping everybody's interest in mind) would be to restrict/incentivize whats promoted on the homepage to only domains that have been been authenticated via nameserver or some other method. This way, at least all new domains featured on the home page would have at least passed some sort of domain ownership verification.

Additionally, there seems to be room for a secondary screening process before domains reach the just missed section of the homepage. The "human error" of the home page promoting BlackFriday.com as a domain I just missed seems it could have been avoided by some type of screening prior to publishing.

With respect, if you're saying it's a human problem, and not taking any responsibility for the way the home page is designed (to the effect of what and how content is streamlined and promoted), I think that's a lazy response to a fixable yet tedious likely low priority issue in comparison to other features Dan might be working on.

Last edited:
•••
Respectfully, wouldn't ownership verification or validated access to the domain help prevent this? .

when catching dropped domains
ownershipverification beomes a nightmare

sedo often doesn't allow me to add domains
and asks me for a manual verification
which I deny

I like the dan approach much better

•••
when catching dropped domains
ownershipverification beomes a nightmare

sedo often doesn't allow me to add domains
and asks me for a manual verification
which I deny

I like the dan approach much better
They could monitor names they have on the platform and if they are found in the pending delete file, remove them from the site
Depending on the amount of names to check, doing it in one sense or the other might be more efficient

Gube

•••
Back