IT.COM

report BIGROCK taken away my domain without any Notice / warning.

NameSilo
Watch

ramkumaritrvs

Happiest man in the worldTop Member
Impact
I developed classified website and got good response. i received 150+ posts (classified) / week. I can't able to manage / watch all listings on daily basis. i have checked once in a month.

someone posted about fake passports related classified.

Bigrock abuse team took screenshot of that classified and suspend my domain without any notice / warning.

This is really stupid move in bigrock. they should think about their customers business before taken down immediately (atleast they should give 24 hrs to solve the issue before suspend).

I request them to unsuspend my domain to deactivate / delete the reported classified. Since 72 hours gone, they didn't respond.

BEWARE OF STUPID TOS from loosing registrar's like Bigrock.

STAY AWAY with BIGROCK , IMO.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No response? Big surprise...

Big Rock is horrible.

I registered many names with them during a promo and they
unregistered them while I was sleeping. They wasted many hours of my time.
including NOT responding to my questions about WTF happened for nearly a whole day.
No one answered their phone or email.

Stay way way far away from this pathetic registry.

Last edited:
•••
Stay way way far away from this pathetic registry.

Yes, Lesson learned. I moved all my domains from there.

Their support team hold the call for nearly 30 mins to check the issue and then replied, SYSTEM MAINTENANCE is going on. Call again after 30 mins. WTF. even it's not toll free number.(they have tollfree only for sales team not support).

Just complained to ICANN about the domain issue.

•••
Did they ask you for :xf.eek: "Missing Greedy Transactions" ? ? ? O.o:xf.confused: LMAO

greedy.jpg

•••
Actually, No because i'm using INR currency.

•••
•••
They may have planted that post on your forum so they could have an excuse to seize your domain. I'm hearing more stories about registrars regretting their pricing for certain keywords and finding ways to take them back without a care in the world. My advice? CONTACT ICANN.

•••
They may have planted that post on your forum so they could have an excuse to seize your domain. I'm hearing more stories about registrars regretting their pricing for certain keywords and finding ways to take them back without a care in the world. My advice? CONTACT ICANN.

Would not be surprising...

How many complaints are necessary to send bigrock into the ICANN Hall of Shame with other amazing registrars like registerfly?

•••
Never had a problem with bigrock. In fact it was the first registry I used even before I started domaining. Still has domains and hosting with them. Never faced a problem and customer support has been excellent.

•••
All my domains are at GoDaddy, I transfer them out from anywhere else as soon as they are eligible.
My hosting is with HostGator.

Not a single problem ever.

•••
•••
Best to reg and stick with godaddy or Fabulous.com! Fabulous who are simply the best on the planet.

•••
All my domains are at GoDaddy, I transfer them out from anywhere else as soon as they are eligible.
My hosting is with HostGator.

Not a single problem ever.

That's strange. I do exactly the opposite ever since their General Counsel blazenly stated (maybe paraphrasing) "We can take away any domain for any reason whatsoever". Shortly after that I had a domain I had won at auction which was in my account, removed by GoDaddy. When I asked my Account Manager, why? He said it was a trademark infringement on GoDaddy.com. Since when is Daddy.co a trademark infringement on GoDaddy.com when I hadn't even had time to change the nameservers. I let it go because I didn't want to fight GoDaddy's Legal Counsel. It is no longer owned by GoDaddy. So I guess there was no trademark infringement after all. They probably just sold it on.

Also, there have been numerous high profile cases where they judged something about a website hosted at GoDaddy (see NoDaddy.com if GoDaddy haven't purchased it yet), maybe just a complaint, and they simply suspended the domain, not the website. Giving great financial loss to the owner, with absolutely no fast resolution due to their archaic procedures, which assume you are guilty and move at a snails pace to resolve, not innocent and try to resolve the problem quickly.

I have always been an advocate of keeping your domain registration and web hosting with separate companies. I have, for years, always transferred my domains out of GoDaddy at the earliest possibility. Ever since I've moved my domain registrations elsewhere. Which was a pity because I liked their control panel head and shoulders above everyone else's, unlike most of the people here, who hate it.

•••
That's strange. I do exactly the opposite ever since their General Counsel blazenly stated (maybe paraphrasing) "We can take away any domain for any reason whatsoever". Shortly after that I had a domain I had won at auction which was in my account, removed by GoDaddy. When I asked my Account Manager, why? He said it was a trademark infringement on GoDaddy.com. Since when is Daddy.co a trademark infringement on GoDaddy.com when I hadn't even had time to change the nameservers. I let it go because I didn't want to fight GoDaddy's Legal Counsel. It is no longer owned by GoDaddy. So I guess there was no trademark infringement after all. They probably just sold it on.

Also, there have been numerous high profile cases where they judged something about a website hosted at GoDaddy (see NoDaddy.com if GoDaddy haven't purchased it yet), maybe just a complaint, and they simply suspended the domain, not the website. Giving great financial loss to the owner, with absolutely no fast resolution due to their archaic procedures, which assume you are guilty and move at a snails pace to resolve, not innocent and try to resolve the problem quickly.

I have always been an advocate of keeping your domain registration and web hosting with separate companies. I have, for years, always transferred my domains out of GoDaddy at the earliest possibility. Ever since I've moved my domain registrations elsewhere. Which was a pity because I liked their control panel head and shoulders above everyone else's, unlike most of the people here, who hate it.

Thats a terrible experience Stu, sorry to hear that.

The reason I don't host with GoDaddy is because their system is archaic and expensive. They are essentially the best host for anyone who wants to spend excessive amounts of money on crap, and get the lowest quality services for it.

So yes, GoDaddy hosting is terrible; but for domains they are excellent... just not for domains that they might want.

There have been plenty of instances where they have snatched domains that have to do with their own TM. You are right, Daddy.co has nothing to do with them, but it's nice and it says 'daddy' so they decided to be a shining example of what is wrong with registrars.

It's important to know the perils of registrars and their 'rights', unfortunately most people learn the hard way because it's not something that would be reasonably expected. It's like me keeping MyRock.com at BigRock, and them snatching it because it has 'rock' in it, which they could do at any time.

You did the right thing; I would have moved all of my domains out of sheer principle.

You should have probably sued them for good measure, might have walked away with a quiet settlement.

•••
@DomainVP - My biggest problem with HostGator is they impose almost impossible rules to meet when you close an account. Learnt first hand from bitter experience.

•••
@DomainVP - My biggest problem with HostGator is they impose almost impossible rules to meet when you close an account.

Have you tried them recently? I have had several packages with them over the last 5 years, and there is a nice portal you can use via billing to just cancel out the package. They can close it out immediately or if you want to live out the rest of your billing cycle, they will keep the package until your next billing date.

Granted, they aren't the cheapest, but you get what you pay for and at $9.99 a month I think their service and unlimited domain hosting is perfect for what I need.

I have 2 packages with them, and whenever I start a new dev or project I will start a new one with separate account info, but will use my cc. That way when I sell the site I can provide the new owner with the account details and just remove my card.

They are worth a try in 2015 if you haven't used them in a while.

•••
Never used them, probably won't use them now.

#namecheap

T.

•••
After sending legal notice, ICANN complaint,live chat with 3 level people, they gave permission to transfer the domain out.

Strange & shit TOS, asked fewer clarification to take legal auction against them.

•••
After sending legal notice, ICANN complaint,live chat with 3 level people, they gave permission to transfer the domain out.

Strange & shit TOS, asked fewer clarification to take legal auction against them.
good news and good luck to you. on a side note...try to keep an eye on your classified website because we are ultimately responsible for what happens on our websites. good luck.

•••

We'd love to change your experience. Can you help us with your domain name or a ticket ID reference? We'll look into it.

•••
We'd love to change your experience. Can you help us with your domain name or a ticket ID reference? We'll look into it.

There is no changing my experience of about 7 wasted hours with your registry and your kneejerk decision to delete the names I registered while I was sleeping. And then no one was available on the phone or email to clear things up.

As far as my experience goes Big Rock is in the same league as RegisterFly, Moniker and 1and1

Last edited:
•••
Forget all to Bigrock, When you invest in bigrock full money would worsen. I bought a few years ago brandable domain, I'll check two days later he was not in my account to someone else's name was register.

•••
Are Bigrock and ResellerClub the same company?

•••
•••
I having some similar issue with them.
I have three domains at them, due to snapnames backorders. First I couldn't get access by the password they gave me. Then I wrote on the live chat. The operator said, try the get a new password through forgot your password option. Okay. I've got a new password, I could log in finally, all three domains are there, everything is good. Hour later... I try to get access again. Invalid username (which is my email). I write again on live chat, no respond, which BTW marked as available. I call them, they say call back on business days.
Live chat window is still waiting, I will leave it all day long. So now I became a littlebit frustrated.
I guess the emails from snapnames, and by themselves can be a proof on my side. So I'll see what happens.

Update:
They responded after 30 minute waiting. They fixed it, now I need to wait 60 days to move my domains from them.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back