IT.COM

BIG UPDATE > DOMMT.COM CAN HELP YOU TO SELL MORE DOMAIN NAMES & EXPAND YOUR CLIENT BASE for FREE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonin

DimitarBonin.comTop Member
Impact
To all my friends from #domain industry, please review dommt.com and share your opinion whether the domain community would benefit from such a service.

If you have any comments or recommendations, feel free to share.

Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi @bonin , looks interesting. So as a Seller I would go to the "Buyers Request" page and see if I have something that they want. Then I basically "buy" the right to connect with them at $10.99 or whatever the price may be, is this correct? But then there is no guarantee that they would buy my domain, correct? the $10.99 fee just enables me to "present" my domain name to them?

•••
Hi @Pierre Barnard,

basically, this is the idea and it is not different from any a lead generator on the market, no matter which industry.

Usually, they send information and everything depends on the quality of the service, in this case, the domain. The company ( domain owner ) need to convince the customers ( domain buyer ) that their service (domain) is best. Same as removals business or insurance quotes.

We have a fixed price and all depends on the customers budget, please see our price page http://dommt.com/pricing/

Most of the domain marketplaces charge to list your domain for sale and then they charge you a commission on top ( of course if your domain is sold ), so for example if the customer set a budget of $5000 you will pay only $39,99 and there is no other charges, this is just 0,8% if your domain is sold, so much better than any other marketplace in our industry.

Hope this helps, any question or suggestion are welcome

Last edited:
•••
Is anyone allowed to submit a request for domains?

The concern I would have about using a service like this would be, how would I know if the buyer request is a real request?

•••
All request is manually processed and reviewed prior to being live on our website, we check the buyer identity and validity of every email.

Request for a domain is not published automatically in any case.

•••
Not sure i like it, i dont like the idea of paying to have the potential of "possibly" selling a domain name. I would rather just pay a percentage of the sale if it does sell

•••
@stewmath, agree with you, but many domainers pay $9 to flippa or a lot more to sedo to start an auction with no success, the idea is not new, but is a new for domain industry, I have a background from removal business, so the medium size company in this industry paying on average £5000 per month for leads and they get turnover around £10000 per every £1000 that they spend.

I just want to check if this works for domaining :)

•••
All request is manually processed and reviewed prior to being live on our website, we check the buyer identity and validity of every email.

Request for a domain is not published automatically in any case.

This is the problem... I mean you could be getting buyers who are merely testing the water and there is no way to actually check if they are serious buyers or not... I'm not trying to knock your service or idea here, I'm just highlighting some of the reason why I would be hesitant to invest $xx or $xxx just to submit my domains. Also, again don't take this the wrong way but what's stopping you from having a like 70/80% real legit listings and then 20/30% listings that you create yourself requesting domains just to make extra money from people submitting their domains? I'm not saying that you will do that but from a customer perspective, it does leave the door wide open to do that should you choose to do so....?

•••
@deez007 you are absolutely right, so the reason for my post at NP is not only to present the service, the most important thing is your opinion and suggestions, if you or anybody know how to prevent this I'm more than happy to be contacted with your suggestions and I will work to improve the service.

I will use this thread to post updates or to answer your questions

•••
@deez007 you are absolutely right, so the reason for my post at NP is not only to present the service, the most important thing is your opinion and suggestions, if you or anybody know how to prevent this I'm more than happy to be contacted with your suggestions and I will work to improve the service.

I will use this thread to post updates or to answer your questions

Cool bananas, so it's a work in progress...good stuff!.

Will think about it to see if I could maybe think of any possible ideas to address those issues....

•••
You are more than welcome, if I want this service to have a bright future and to be useful for the community I have to work on it, for the moment I rely on my reputation, with many of you are friends on Facebook and linkedin and you know who is behind dommt.com

•••
I wish more of you to share what's your general opinion whether the service is useful, do you have comments on the site design or something is missing .... stuff like that will be helpful to do something really good

•••
It's understood that sellers will be a dime a dozen and the buyers will be scarce so having the seller pay for the service is understood, you want to attract as many buyers as possible. But to charge a seller before they sell is a flawed way of doing business if you want to differentiate yourself from the rest of the vultures who feed on domainers before domainers get paid a dime, you'd better find another way to monetize your service. The concept of a domain wanted site is great, but you are not any different than the rest because maybe you charge less than the others for the chance to present your domains to buyers, but of course there is no limit to how many sellers can submit their domains. So even if you charge $40 (as in your example above), 10 sellers would make you $400 dollars, without a guarantee of any deal ever taking place ($400 for nothing). So this is beyond FLAWED. You will be looked at as scam artist preying on domainers no matter if the buyers are real or not. Because even if they are real, they may not buy from anyone, and you still rack in the money from the those who bought into the "privilege" to present their domains to the "buyers" if any.

•••
This is one of the original concepts https://www.anyvan.com/, and this model works well for this industry, the moving company paying for every lead with no guaranty that they will secure any job ( one lead is sent to maximum of 10 companies ), so the cost per lead is £7 x 10 companies = £70, as I say I want to find out if this model works for the domain industry....

I'm open for suggestion

•••
This is one of the original concepts https://www.anyvan.com/, and this model works well for this industry, the moving company paying for every lead with no guaranty that they will secure any job ( one lead is sent to maximum of 10 companies ), so the cost per lead is £7 x 10 companies = £70, as I say I want to find out if this model works for the domain industry....

I'm open for suggestion

Since no one can guarantee that buyers are legit or serious, or not just testing the water to see what is out there, they could not and should not be considered as legitimate leads (even if some of them are). So why would domainers take that risk, and you just rack in the money. You are within your right to do whatever you want, but you will not be any better than all the other vultures out there. And this forum will chew you up and spit you out so quick you won't know what hit you. My advice and the DECENT thing to do is for you to make money ONLY when your services help users make money, a win-win situation. Keep in mind you will be a HERO and win domainers over and business will grow beyond your wildest dreams if it takes care of domainers not scam them.

I personally would not pay a dime for such service with the current scheme.

•••
OK, I understand, so now need to find out how :), the problem is that I don't want to be part of the deal between buyer and seller as an escrow or any other way.

•••
You don't have to be an escrow yourself. But here is how you should do it.
Allow buyers and sellers negotiate on your platform, and when they arrive at an agreement you can send it to Escrow.com where you will be the broker in the transaction. Escrow.com would pay you your fees and handle the rest of the transaction. You don't need to do it yourself.

•••
Thanks @JoeE, will keep you guys posted

•••
No problem. Keep us posted, and good luck!

•••
I really like it, checked it out and the idea is really good I can see it going far, it's kind of like you say with the $9 Flippa listing so it's kind of like that but at a more concentrated rate, you know that you're submitting what the buyer is looking for, so more chance of sale, compared to Flippa where you're just throwing a drop of water into a huge ocean at no guarantee there's a buyer looking for what your'e selling

Once the site lifts off and there's a large amount of legit buyers looking for domains, I think it could be a successful thing :)

Only thing, is to find a way to make sure that buyers are actually legit, and not just testing the waters like Joe and Deez said, because if any buyer could place a request, you yourself for example could put a request to buy let's say 4l.coms with no intentions to actually buy them, and you will no doubt get a flood of domainers paying you to submit their 4ls since they're such liquid domains, only to find that the buyer was never interested in the first place :-,

Maybe if the buyers put down some kind of deposit to submit a request, that they would receive back after the transaction completes and they buy a domain. Or if the buyer decides half way through that they don't actually want to buy a domain, they can withdraw their deposit back, and if they do that then the sellers who also paid and submitted their domains get a refund also since buyer is no longer interested. But if sale goes through, then you keep all the money that was submitted from sellers, that's where your profit would lie, so even if 10 sellers submit their domains and buyer only buys 1, it's still fair because the buyer did buy a domain and wasn't just testing waters

You would have to put some kind of security measure on this though, to protect yourself, so like buyer and seller don't get to know who the opposite person is otherwise they could find each others names, and then withdraw deposits back and go complete the sale outside of the platform. Kind of a small thing to do but it could happen, so maybe only you as admin can see who is on both parties, but the buyer and seller don't actually see until the transaction is complete or something like that

idk I hope that helps and makes sense

keep working at it I really really like the idea, it's kinda revolutionary you could even say :-, once it becomes popular it could make selling and buying a whole lot easier, a new generation to domaining :-,

keep tweaking and polishing everything that needs to be tweaked and polished and I can see this really kicking off. Keep us updated on any info, I'd be interested to hear any updates (y)

Wishing all reading this Success and Fortune and Happiness and Good Vibes, we're all in this business Working and Building and Finding the Next Best Solution, so may we all continue the Grind with plenty off Success. Always happy to Help one another and Support one another

-Vlad :-,

•••
I really like it, checked it out and the idea is really good I can see it going far, it's kind of like you say with the $9 Flippa listing so it's kind of like that but at a more concentrated rate, you know that you're submitting what the buyer is looking for, so more chance of sale, compared to Flippa where you're just throwing a drop of water into a huge ocean at no guarantee there's a buyer looking for what your'e selling

Once the site lifts off and there's a large amount of legit buyers looking for domains, I think it could be a successful thing :)

Only thing, is to find a way to make sure that buyers are actually legit, and not just testing the waters like Joe and Deez said, because if any buyer could place a request, you yourself for example could put a request to buy let's say 4l.coms with no intentions to actually buy them, and you will no doubt get a flood of domainers paying you to submit their 4ls since they're such liquid domains, only to find that the buyer was never interested in the first place :-,

Maybe if the buyers put down some kind of deposit to submit a request, that they would receive back after the transaction completes and they buy a domain. Or if the buyer decides half way through that they don't actually want to buy a domain, they can withdraw their deposit back, and if they do that then the sellers who also paid and submitted their domains get a refund also since buyer is no longer interested. But if sale goes through, then you keep all the money that was submitted from sellers, that's where your profit would lie, so even if 10 sellers submit their domains and buyer only buys 1, it's still fair because the buyer did buy a domain and wasn't just testing waters

You would have to put some kind of security measure on this though, to protect yourself, so like buyer and seller don't get to know who the opposite person is otherwise they could find each others names, and then withdraw deposits back and go complete the sale outside of the platform. Kind of a small thing to do but it could happen, so maybe only you as admin can see who is on both parties, but the buyer and seller don't actually see until the transaction is complete or something like that

idk I hope that helps and makes sense

keep working at it I really really like the idea, it's kinda revolutionary you could even say :-, once it becomes popular it could make selling and buying a whole lot easier, a new generation to domaining :-,

keep tweaking and polishing everything that needs to be tweaked and polished and I can see this really kicking off. Keep us updated on any info, I'd be interested to hear any updates (y)

Wishing all reading this Success and Fortune and Happiness and Good Vibes, we're all in this business Working and Building and Finding the Next Best Solution, so may we all continue the Grind with plenty off Success. Always happy to Help one another and Support one another

-Vlad :-,

Hi Vlad and thank you very much for the kind words, I will do my best to deliver great service to domain industry

•••
You tell us, we do it.

Since today, the site is now absolutely FREE for both parties, domain sellers and domain buyers.

Everyone can submit domain request for FREE and everyone can download for FREE this request ( you will get a PDF file with all the information, you can print or download it )

this is how it looks ( still working on the design :) see attachment below

I will be glad if there are people to share on social networks and help this useful service get off the ground.

The work does not stop here, we will try to add more useful and still free services to help everyone in the domain industry....

Currently, the only revenue on the site will come from domain vendors only if you choose to promote your domain names with us.

Attachments

• Connor-M-is-Looking-for-4L-LLLL.pdf
    363.9 KB · Views: 10
•••
•••
•••
Hi, quick update, I submit domain request on NP yesterday, today I submit the same request on my website, if you are interested you can check here http://dommt.com/domain-leads/com-net-org-co-uk-de/

The daily website visitors are 50-100, Almost every day has a downloaded request.... only for today they are 2, so way does not submit your domain request at dommt.com :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back