IT.COM

Bido.com - Social Auction Platform

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
NamePros welcomes BIDO as it's newest sponsor.

Check out Bido's revolutionary Social Auction Platform at www.bido.com
All auctions start at $1 with no reserve.

The list of upcoming auctions is here:
http://www.bido.com/Auctions

This is a discussion thread for comments, reviews and feedback about Bido and it's services.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
equity78 said:
Jarred and this is not a criticism, I am actually indifferent to the name EquityGrant.com. But you used the wording Premium Domain, IYO is EquityGrant.com a premium domain ? Thank you

That domain isn't premium in my eyes. I have CheerChick.com which isn't really premium but compared to this domain... it makes me wonder how well it'd do on BIDO.

All right, I'm taking a big stab here: I signed up and submitted my CheerChick.com. It's not great but it's better than most domains in queue (it's perfect for the cheerleading cliche or if someone wants to go the route, perhaps an adult site). As stated before, here's to hoping.

•••
It will be interesting to see what FixedLoans.com goes for. While it is not the best term, it still has a use. If EquityGrant.com went for $800 this one has to be higher.

Brad

•••
how do you make profit off this system? I mean one domain a day....

•••
I joined and submitted 5 domains in the hopes of perhaps getting some spotlight attention on the domains.....hope to hear from the guys as im sure there inbox is maxed out heh......Great deal ;)

•••
Only 45 minutes until showtime. I'm popping the popcorn now........

•••
Looks like $100 will be what BarPictures.com sells for

•••
Galel said:
Looks like $100 will be what BarPictures.com sells for
Yep, final price =$100! :|

•••
bmugford said:
It will be interesting to see what FixedLoans.com goes for. While it is not the best term, it still has a use. If EquityGrant.com went for $800 this one has to be higher.

Brad

FixedLoan * c * * is also for sale at sedo, 8 offers on it but it looks like it gets under 50 visitors per month.

prague7 said:
Yep, final price =$100! :|

..hmmm, bummer :sick:

Last edited:
•••
Aren't these prices what brought Bido DOWN the last time?

They started with $XXXX domains and eventually ended with low $XXX domains and then I believe they said that they cannot cover their expenses with those prices so they have to take Bido down to reconsider their plans...

BarPictures.com would have done better on Sedo auction without all the attention and promotion that Bido gets...

I exptected MUCH more from Bido, they should have at least launched with some REAL premium domains.

•••
shreder said:

They started with $XXXX domains and eventually ended with low $XXX domains and then I believe they said that they cannot cover their expenses with those prices so they have to take Bido down to reconsider their plans...
I don't think so. I remember they took Bido down because it crashed many times in two days because of the high traffic.
http://www.conceptualist.com/2008/08/20/bido-auctions-no-more-for-now/

shreder said:
I exptected MUCH more from Bido, they should have at least launched with some REAL premium domains.
I'm sure they are not willing to keep auctioning the same quality of current domains for too long. Once they test the new "updated" system in high traffic, grab more attention, increase the buyers database they will start going up on the quality of their auctions. IMO

•••
EG.domains said:
I'm sure they are not willing to keep auctioning the same quality of current domains for too long. Once they test the new "updated" system in high traffic, grab more attention, increase the buyers database they will start going up on the quality of their auctions. IMO

I agree with this. I'm sure the quality will rise, once people see that Bido is able to command decent prices. Of course you take a chance starting out at $1 no reserve, which may make folks with better-quality names leery of submitting. But if Bido can consistently demonstrate that it attracts good money then that will overcome some of that reluctance, I am sure.

ripley.

•••
This one sold for $100? Why am I not surprised?
I should offer WritersTrubune.com (Alexa 1.9 com/net/org/info/biz taken). Think I should?

•••
It's first time I discover Bido by your link here on NPs and to be honest I find more better domains here on Namepros than Bido for cheaper prices. I think people don't care on comments written by experts, they bid and bid again at the end they have to pay an amount of dollars that don't seems to match the real value of that domain name. Well it's their dollars not mine. In my own opinion I don't see any great value on names listed on Bido but reg fee or less than $100 for some. Come on I'm sure there are some real gems that domainers have submitted.

I think Bido teams have to be more rigourous selecting their names for sale, choose more generic ones or valuable ones.

•••
Monday's auction will be BidO's biggest sale since their relaunch... Any guesses on the final price?

•••
shreder said:

I was thinking the same. I hope the quality of their inventory will improve otherwise people will unsubscribe.

•••
I'm now 100% on-board. Just submitted three domains. :kickass:

•••
- Regged since 2001
- Alexa 18M

- Results 1 - 10 of about 678,000 for "fixed loans".
- 1 PPC Sponsor for the term on Google
- Word Tracker 6
- 210 Exact Searches a month.

The domain actually sounds a lot better to start with than when you drill down deeper into the metrics.

I would guess somewhere in the $2500 - $5000 range. Even if I don't think it is worth that as a reseller, someone might.

Brad

Galel said:
Monday's auction will be BidO's biggest sale since their relaunch... Any guesses on the final price?

•••
No offenese,

Thats great NP is promoting bido.com

but as i was former user o bido.com, i will never will o back o bido.com boring and lame domains names auction website.

The domain names that site auctions are reg fees what so ever.

IF this is one domain per day, then they should do premium domain per day.

anyways, bido sucks.

but I really hope they wont crash this time, and will be well prepared, after putting in this much money in it.

Adding- NP live auction is way better than bido, and is fun entertaining as well and better domain names.

•••
tvdotcoms said:
No offenese,

Thats great NP is promoting bido.com

but as i was former user o bido.com, i will never will o back o bido.com boring and lame domains names auction website.

The domain names that site auctions are reg fees what so ever.

IF this is one domain per day, then they should do premium domain per day.

anyways, bido sucks.

but I really hope they wont crash this time, and will be well prepared, after putting in this much money in it.

Adding- NP live auction is way better than bido, and is fun entertaining as well and better domain names.

I only joined to submit my CheerChick.com domain. I doubt it'll be accepted though. I agree that the concept is boring: Only 1 hour of excitement a day?

•••
Archangel said:
I only joined to submit my CheerChick.com domain. I doubt it'll be accepted though. I agree that the concept is boring: Only 1 hour of excitement a day?

Sounds like someone is trying to operate a domain auction site around their lunch hour at their real job :laugh:

•••
I like the idea, their site's name, and their color
To be honest i was surprised when they stopped the other time
One spotlight up to one name at decent price for the buyer is good recipe but it needs 10x times sedo or other aftermarket places get to fulfill a steady sales stream.
When someone visits the site and can't find what he wants, he will leave.
Looks more interesting for domain experts to get a link back and gain some reputation.
Good Luck !

•••
auctions need to run longer and perhaps 3 categories

$1. reserve
$100. reserve
$1000.reserve

they should listen that one hour is not long enough , but i am happy to see something other sedo

•••
tvdotcoms said:
Archangel said:
I agree that the concept is boring: Only 1 hour of excitement a day?
I just don't get some of these types of comments. So their domain names on queue aren't the best right now, so what.. you know they will improve (I think it's a good idea to start with these types of names until they build their base up bigger anyway). So they only have one domain per day right now, so what. All I'm gonna do is type their short easy-to-remember name into my browser for 10 seconds each day and if the domain that day interests me, cool, if not then I surf elsewhere to find my "excitement". Why someone needs to stick around for hours and crave constant excitement I don't know.

It's different, it's fresh, it is Woot-like as some suggested... I like it.

Now with all that said, Bido better accept the names I submitted :p :laugh:

•••
Nem0 said:
I just don't get some of these types of comments. So their domain names on queue aren't the best right now, so what.. you know they will improve (I think it's a good idea to start with these types of names until they build their base up bigger anyway). So they only have one domain per day right now, so what. All I'm gonna do is type their short easy-to-remember name into my browser for 10 seconds each day and if the domain that day interests me, cool, if not then I surf elsewhere to find my "excitement". Why someone needs to stick around for hours and crave constant excitement I don't know.

It's different, it's fresh, it is Woot-like as some suggested... I like it.

Now with all that said, Bido better accept the names I submitted :p :laugh:

Yeah, a lot of website visitors don't stay on a site for more than 2 minutes anyway. I see where you're coming from. But it's still a bore no matter how it's put. I can go into NP auctions and sit there for 2 hours, just staring at a screen, and I'd get excited through the whole process. With BIDO, I could go there, take a glance, get bored with the domain auctioned and leave. Yes, I'd only be wasting 10 seconds of my life doing that. But BIDO won't make any real money with my 10-second visit and unless their domains get better, they'll likely receive a lot of these short visits by uninterested people.

And domain quality might go up or it might stay where it is. Sure, they had big sales in the past but unless they get up to SEDO/Afternic popularity status, I doubt many people would risk listing ABC.com there with a $1 starting bid/no reserve.

•••
Archangel said:
Yeah, a lot of website visitors don't stay on a site for more than 2 minutes anyway. I see where you're coming from. But it's still a bore no matter how it's put. I can go into NP auctions and sit there for 2 hours, just staring at a screen, and I'd get excited through the whole process. With BIDO, I could go there, take a glance, get bored with the domain auctioned and leave. Yes, I'd only be wasting 10 seconds of my life doing that. But BIDO won't make any real money with my 10-second visit and unless their domains get better, they'll likely receive a lot of these short visits by uninterested people.

And domain quality might go up or it might stay where it is. Sure, they had big sales in the past but unless they get up to SEDO/Afternic popularity status, I doubt many people would risk listing ABC.com there with a $1 starting bid/no reserve.

agreed.

Bido is the most boring domain website I have seen since I joined this industry.

Supposdly when you make a 'come back' after crash, u need to come up strong but not with that same lame domain names and attitude, join us, join us, but instead make it more bit creative with better names to auction so people want to join.

So far, Bido :( thumbs down. the power of Zero is Zero

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back