Dynadot

Bido.com - Social Auction Platform

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
NamePros welcomes BIDO as it's newest sponsor.

Check out Bido's revolutionary Social Auction Platform at www.bido.com
All auctions start at $1 with no reserve.

The list of upcoming auctions is here:
http://www.bido.com/Auctions

This is a discussion thread for comments, reviews and feedback about Bido and it's services.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would be interesting to see who the buyer of the domain is.

Bob

•••
I would be interested to see who else was in the "bidding war" was. No offense but if that domain sells for $810, what would a good domain sell for?

Brad

gorilla_bob said:
Would be interesting to see who the buyer of the domain is.

Bob

•••
Congrats on the nice start

Looks like many will be watching (and joining) the following weeks
:)

•••
bmugford said:
I would be interested to see who else was in the "bidding war" was. No offense but if that domain sells for $810, what would a good domain sell for?

Brad

I think it was merely hype, ppl who wanted to get in on something new (or relaunched) the second they could. I have my doubts that we'll see another above-$500 sale there anytime soon.

•••
Archangel said:
I think it was merely hype, ppl who wanted to get in on something new (or relaunched) the second they could. I have my doubts that we'll see another above-$500 sale there anytime soon.

Almost guarantee the next 2 will be above $500.

•••
Ross said:

I predict a four figure sale tomorrow based on today's results.

•••
Does Bido do any sort of bidder verification? Or can you just sign up using a throwaway gmail account and bid the auctions up for fun? It will be interesting to see if this $810 "sale" goes through.

I do think that Bido could be interesting if they are able to offer really great domains, and I wish them the best in any case.

•••
I'm new to the industry but who are these experts? The first guy offering an opinion about barpictures dotcom says 27000 searches per month. Google keyword tool when configured properly says 880. BS like that will fool a noob but no one who posts that crap deserves to be called an expert. Is he a shareholder?

I like the concept that Bido has and I like the auction time. I hope they do well. I'll join when I see a name that I want.

And I like the purple skin.

•••
Cronus said:
Does Bido do any sort of bidder verification? Or can you just sign up using a throwaway gmail account and bid the auctions up for fun? It will be interesting to see if this $810 "sale" goes through.

I believe to be a bidder you have to do credit card verification.

•••
Galel said:
I'm looking forward to trying it out!

Thanks for sponsoring, Bido! :tu: The background matches my Hippo outfit.

-Galel
Wait, that's an outfit?

•••
dtagr said:
I'm new to the industry but who are these experts? The first guy offering an opinion about barpictures dotcom says 27000 searches per month. Google keyword tool when configured properly says 880. BS like that will fool a noob but no one who posts that crap deserves to be called an expert. Is he a shareholder?

yes, i wonder where that 27K is from!!!! But http://www.dotsauce.com/ is a legit site so I really don't know where this comes from.

I hope Bido succeeds and I think the concept is good, but I fear that they are not going to succeed technically - just last week they sent me an email saying the auction was starting, but it wasn't.

That said I think that Bido is really for domainer2domainer sales, and those are currently dead.

•••
Ross said:

Considering today's surise, who knows? But I do wonder who the "winners" will be & what intentions they harbor.

•••
I like the idea and the execution. IMO, the comments about domain quality are a little misplaced; were they Shoes.com? No. But frankly I don't think the big boys need another auction site to get exposure for their domains; the mid- and lower-level domainers do, though.

If I'm reading the info from the earlier Bido poster correctly, these "auction channels" -- is the idea that your software would facilitate individuals' auctions around whatever theme they might choose? If so I think that's potentially a cool idea.

Signed up and submitted a few names. Good luck.

ripley.

Last edited:
•••
ripley said:
If I'm reading the info from the earlier Bido poster correctly, these "auction channels" -- is the idea that your software would facilitate individuals' auctions around whatever theme they might choose? If so I think that's potentially a cool idea.

I was suggesting that Bido (bid0 or whatever it is) should have 1 domain per niche a day opposed to just 1 domain a day. Variety is the spice of life. If there were only one brand of breakfast cereal, we'd all get bored. Imagine: One business domain a day PLUS 1 adult domain PLUS 1 health domain etc. Set them up to run as their own independant auctions so BIDo/0/whatever would have multiple auctions running a day, all catered to a different niche. I might even sign up with this format. The current seems boring to me and doesn't have much of an appeal.

•••
Archangel said:
I was suggesting that Bido (bid0 or whatever it is) should have 1 domain per niche a day opposed to just 1 domain a day. Variety is the spice of life. If there were only one brand of breakfast cereal, we'd all get bored. Imagine: One business domain a day PLUS 1 adult domain PLUS 1 health domain etc. Set them up to run as their own independant auctions so BIDo/0/whatever would have multiple auctions running a day, all catered to a different niche. I might even sign up with this format. The current seems boring to me and doesn't have much of an appeal.

I am not disagreeing with you at all this but i think the idea behind the 1 domain thing is to get as much exposure for that domain on that specific day. Instead of diluting the space with a couple other names, these names (in theory) fetch what "fair market" value will allow them to. Basically putting the ONE name in front of as many people as possible and giving them feedback on the name.

In theory and paper this works perfectly. Only down side is that people work in different ways on a day to day basis. I think this is why bido allows people to see the 7 up coming auctions. This way it allows those names to be put out there before the auction comes.

Not perfect but in time i think this will be a premiere auction site with a social aspect to it. Which is something no other place in the world has. I would consider this a great start-up and if asked would have fronted capital on it.

•••
I totally agree that this site has huge potential.

If the 'one theme' is something Bido wants to stick with, they could include an additional rolling hourly auction and maintain the existing single premium auction each day.

It would be a Las Vegas style 24-hour social network. This keeps the energy flowing with the "one domain per hour" and interest keen in the single 'big one' coming each day.

Last edited:
•••
Actually, I'd go "Woot" Style.
Let the submitter set his/her reserve price - the community bids up to it and once exceeded, if no bid comes in for a set amount of time, the auction is over, the domain sold and BIDO moves on to the next domain. This would give the process a bit more "racing" action.
Should the reserve be outrageous, in an attempt to "test the waters" - if there are bids and the reserve is not met within a set amount of time (hrs?), the domain listing expires and BIDO moves on to the next domain.

Just my 2c at 4am .... D-:

M.

•••
How long does it take for bido to usually review your name and tell you whether the domain has been accepted or not? (What if I get an offer from sedo while waiting)

If it's not accepted, will they notify so that it's safe to sell to other interested buyers?

•••
mrdomainman said:
How long does it take for bido to usually review your name and tell you whether the domain has been accepted or not? (What if I get an offer from sedo while waiting)

If it's not accepted, will they notify so that it's safe to sell to other interested buyers?

I'd like to know about this too. The domain that sold yesterday was in Bido's escrow account. Is that a condition... have not read the AUP/TOS.

•••
Yes, all domains that are sold are safe in our registrar escrow account prior to auction to prevent any sort of problem with the transfer. This ensures that bidders can rest assured the domain they are bidding on will have a smooth closing. The listing process flow is as such: You submit name(s), we review them, respond if they are approved, we send you contract and questionnaire, you return, if all looks good, we obtain the domain into escrow, prepare your listing, and place it live on the site and in the feed. We are there with you every step of the way. I can expand on any of this if needed.. if anyone needs further info I am always available at: [email protected].

Thanks so much again for the warm welcome and kind comments from everyone.
All feedback is noted, and does not fall on deaf ears.. far from it actually. We gladly take these suggestions and such into consideration and encourage you guys and gals to please keep it coming. Bido has and will continue to do revolutionary things for online auctions, and its great to share these early days of our unique Social Auction platform with the community here on NamePros.

Today's auction was a great success. We had thousands of viewers of the Bido auction today, we were quite happy to see all the interest the auction generated. We worked hard to rebuild certain aspects of the Bido platform and to relaunch with such a raging success was a real joy for us. The system didn't flinch whatsoever, and everything went as planned, as we intended it would. We're looking forward to returning to the weekday format of selling a premium domain name each and every day of the week and of course the platform enables us to scale up the quantity of domains we can accommodate and sell per day.

More news to follow in the coming days and weeks and thanks so much if you finally joined because of our sponsorship here on NamePros. If you haven't joined yet, please, please take a quick moment to hop on board: http://www.bido.com
If anyone here wants to be an Expert Member, please request it from your account or send me a message via PM or email. [email protected]. From all of us here at Bido, thanks so much to each and every one of you for your support. Can't really say it enough!

•••
Welcome back Bido! :)

I really love this new skin too.

•••
MicroGuy said:
I totally agree that this site has huge potential.

If the 'one theme' is something Bido wants to stick with, they could include an additional rolling hourly auction and maintain the existing single premium auction each day.

It would be a Las Vegas style 24-hour social network. This keeps the energy flowing with the "one domain per hour" and interest keen in the single 'big one' coming each day.

that is getting closer to what might make this work, because a one hour bidding session is not enough time and as many stated last time just not a good idea

i think 24 a day is an interesting idea ?? i wonder if there would be enough sellers out there to keep it going long term though ?

•••
Jarred and this is not a criticism, I am actually indifferent to the name EquityGrant.com. But you used the wording Premium Domain, IYO is EquityGrant.com a premium domain ? Thank you

•••
I like the idea of focusing on the medium size market.

•••
Yes, I completely agree. One domain per day is what interests me in Bido and has had me hoping they succeed since I first heard about the project. The big players in the auction arena are quite well established and I wouldn't imagine any amount of money could make a real competitor to Sedo today, however I really do see a market for a one domain per day auction venue. How many domains on Sedo get lost in the flood of other auctioned domains? I know I've heard more than a few people (including me) say in the past they would have bid on domains had they known they were on auction -- hard to miss a domain on auction when there's only one per day!

Love the new Namepros background as well. All the Best! :)

Ross said:
I am not disagreeing with you at all this but i think the idea behind the 1 domain thing is to get as much exposure for that domain on that specific day. Instead of diluting the space with a couple other names, these names (in theory) fetch what "fair market" value will allow them to. Basically putting the ONE name in front of as many people as possible and giving them feedback on the name.

In theory and paper this works perfectly. Only down side is that people work in different ways on a day to day basis. I think this is why bido allows people to see the 7 up coming auctions. This way it allows those names to be put out there before the auction comes.

Not perfect but in time i think this will be a premiere auction site with a social aspect to it. Which is something no other place in the world has. I would consider this a great start-up and if asked would have fronted capital on it.

•••
Back