Domain Cost Club

Bidding on your own names at NameJet...?

Discussion in 'Domain Marketplace Reviews' started by webquest, .

Replies:
Views:

1. Arca

Arca Active Member VIP

They also claimed that they suspended the shill bidders from their platform.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Grilled

Grilled Active Member VIP

They gave a pretty vague statement. They stated they suspended the related accounts. Which related accounts would that be? The seller account is believed to be Oliver Hogers. The domains were believed to have belonged to @andyboothsi . Confusion came when people noticed @andyboothsi and @BoothDomains were bidding on domains where the WHOIS had a Booth last name. Adding to the confusion is the fact @Oliver Hoger had bid on some of those domains, and he is believed to be the owner of the featured auction account selling the domains. So I ask, which accounts were suspended? Did they address HKDN? Were they reinstated? Was anybody issued new bidding alias? Do/did they have multiple bidding alias? Is that still allowed? Has anybody noticed any of the Booth's bidding or selling on NameJet? How long is this suspension? Does a suspension mean both from buying and selling?

upload_2017-12-15_4-22-21.png

Another thing to note, is they stated that the next bid win practice would be suspended until further notice. Thus, I assume [hope] that means, if they intend to reinstate the practice then they will at least honor their shill bidding press release and give prior notice.

upload_2017-12-15_4-28-42.png

Last edited:
  3. Arca

Arca Active Member VIP

Good one.

They obviously don't care about their reputation and the integrity of their platform anymore at this point.

4. DomainGist

DomainGist Active Member VIP

WTF

5. Grilled

Grilled Active Member VIP

DomainNameWire.com just published an article HERE titled, "Short seller targets Tucows with scathing report". The DNW article doesn't mention NameJet, but if you search the report linked from Copperfield_Research HERE, you can find an exert [screenshot below] that mentions NameJet, and concerns of shill bidding.

upload_2018-1-8_11-42-2.png

Copperfield Research Twitter HERE, recently sent out a series of $TCX tweets.

upload_2018-1-8_11-55-1.png

Attached Files:

Last edited:
  6. offthehandle

offthehandle . Business Account VIP

Now 8 months later, its been radio silence since nobody posted who actually was banned.

7. imglobal

imglobal Business Member Business Account

Who was supposed to be banned? You are right. They are being silent about this. This also remind me to put in a claim to NJ.

Last edited:
  8. offthehandle

Hope you don’t have a hassle getting it. It would be nice to find out exactly, I suspect who but do not know for sure.

9. imglobal

imglobal Business Member Business Account

The community did good. At least it put the shameless shill bidders into a shameful mode. Enough for us to put them on notice and they ran with tails between the legs. Probably very tiny short tails too to match their small feet and toes.

Those people (particular narrowed down to 3 guys), that we all know off, have already gone down in history in the Ultimate Hall Of Shame. I hope the guilt will finally catch up with them one day, to the point they have take meds for depression. As of now, I am not sure they really understood that it was plain wrong of what they done. By their way of dumb arguments, they probably think everybody else is as idiotic as them.

I don't know what they are inhaling, but must not be pure oxygen. Say no to drugs.

my 2 cents.

Last edited:
  10. toughdomains

toughdomains Business Member Business Account VIP

I find it hard to beleive that only 3 guys are shill bidding on namejet with thousands of bids a day. still doesnt address why
    - they promote some sellers over others on their banners ( when you ask to buy banner ads they say not available) I understand they want to promote big sellers but why isnt the opportunity to promote a free market?
    - why do they allow honor post auction bids. we have been approached after an auction multiple times with requests to purchase names...if someone wants the name why dont they bid in auction? if you accept post auction you are training bidders to not bid highest and best
    - why do they offer different commissions for different sellers? some people pay 15% others pay less

why are there so much different treatment for so many sellers and buyers?

11. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Business Member Business Account ★★★★★★★★★★

As per T&C, they are not an auction house. Anything they do should, therefore, be considered as perfectly legitimate....

Last edited:
  12. offthehandle

Good points. It’s self evident in what you post. I still believe there is much more going on behind the scenes. They never responded to this thread either, but I am glad it keeps going. If you recall they were upset at archived evidence being re-presented so they stopped making it available beyond a few days after auction closing. I don’t doubt why.

13. JB Lions

JB Lions Top Member VIP

That's with a lot of businesses. People that perform usually get better deals. People would always complain in affiliate marketing, why does this affiliate get a better payout. If one affiliate drives 5 sales to a merchant a month, when another drives 10,000, they have some negotiating power. Maybe the merchant just rewards them because of performance. Some have tiers built into their terms. 5% standard rate. 8% for sales over $5,000 a month etc. Maybe the affiliate that drives 10,000 sales a month, simply asked for a better deal.

Back to this:

"they promote some sellers over others on their banners"

It could be simply those sellers just sell more domains. Performance.

14. toughdomains

toughdomains Business Member Business Account VIP

Never implied anything they do is not legitimate...just mentioned points from my own experience....I sell names on NJ through a broker and have no plans to partner with them so Im free to discuss details....I think fairness is a strong value in the namepros community so Im happy to see members speaking up about the details they encountered as well.

15. offthehandle

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!