NameSilo

Bidding on your own names at NameJet...?

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by webquest, Jul 18, 2017.

Replies:
Views:

1. xn--v4h.com

xn--v4h.com Emoji domains at Punycode.com

Sorry I don't agree. Some of you guys are downright petty, close-minded, and mentally limited. Other than that, you guys are great. I understand that these types of events blow up like this event every three months. Unbelievable and unacceptable! Sincerely hope some of you look yourselves in the mirror and improve yourselves in the future. Sorry to be blunt but too many of you need it.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. maksimfa

maksimfa Top Member VIP Trusted Contest Holder

AKA... what you WILL NOT find in Dale Carnegie's "How To Win Friends & Influence People."

You can call someone petty or close minded, but mentally limited? I sincerely hope you just chose poor wording and English is your second or third language.

If you don't have something nice to say... sometimes just better to keep your mouth shut and move on. Fighting it only makes you look bitter, no matter your intentions. =)

3. xn--v4h.com

xn--v4h.com Emoji domains at Punycode.com

For the rest of you, next time if possible, go out of your way to support those who are being unfairly treated. But all I heard were crickets all around. No matter how successful and high up they are, they are still human, believe me. Therefore in the future when something like this happens, it ends quickly. Or better yet, it is prevented altogether. ☮

4. anantj

anantj Top Member VIP

I know I have given this warning and this is more of a hypothetical. As I've mentioned in that post as well, this is highly unlikely but is in the realm of possibility

5. anantj

anantj Top Member VIP

What non-refundable deposit?

6. zurc.net

zurc.net Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Explanation is 40 pages back, lol

7. anantj

anantj Top Member VIP

Sorry, I might have missed that post. I never made a non-refundable deposit to NJ so I'm confused and hence the question. If you recollect the details, would appreciate if you can share.

Thanks

8. 904.com

904.com Established Member

I am new to Namepros but from what I've seen so far I believe you are totally wrong. I'm very impressed with the hard work and integrity of some of these younger domain investors. Gives me hope for our future. Almost every industry is shady when you really look under the hood. That will never change. But when you discredit this community that worked incredibly hard to try to restore integrity and confidence in domain auction business than I think that you are very far off base. This post is to stick up for these NamePros members putting in this hard work. I respect it. Think its very high quality work. Thank you for all that you are contributing.

9. Masay

Masay Established Member

Bid that i qoute, missing or deleted from that url..
    Check it yourselves
    http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Auctions/StandardDetails.aspx?auctionid=3951668

10. Hemanttilotia

Hemanttilotia Established Member

Yes, this doesn't look good.

11. Grilled

Grilled khjasdhkfdhdskfhhukdfshkj VIP

WHOIS showing Andy Booth***

I just re-read my comment and saw how I confused myself. Apologies.

12. Michael

Michael NameBio.com NameBio Staff PRO ICA Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

13. 904.com

904.com Established Member

Just a heads up I have experience in fraud investigations and working with legal authorities. Please know that to truly uncover the truth from an audit there is due diligence on innocent and guilty parties alike. Some things might look suspicious on the outside but when you look inside they are legal, and vice versa some things might appear legit at the surface but when you dig deeper its not.

IMO the majority of the NamePros investigators in this thread are looking for the truth, and not attempting to personally attack/defame. Yes there are clearly some exceptions and that is very unfortunate. Adults can usually soothe these things over though.

Ultimately what I am saying is I think the NamePros investigators should have a little leeway in their investigation as long as they are respectful and professional in their findings. They are not professional investigators or forensic accountants by trade and should not be held to those types of standards imo. I believe they have clearly uncovered enough suspicious activity to warrant further investigation on their part.

14. atinc

atinc Entrepreneur VIP

You are very interesting.

You have been a member at namePros for 22 days and you have extremely interesting thoughts about our community already.

How do you come up with the idea, this kind of events blow up every 3 months?

I want to highlight that these comments are coming from someone who is promoting 'Art of War" with a "Peace" symbol domain.

But let`s not get so pessimist, he is right about some part:

"you guys are great."

P.S
    I have used highlights and colors, so our fellow "mentally limited members" can understand what is right and what is wrong.

( @xn--v4h.com )

15. Grilled

Thanks for the quick response. (leaves little time for assumptions to be made)

Just so no other assumptions are made -- Can someone outline the reasons for duplicate bids? Looking at time of each bid after a double bid, it matches the time of the last double bid. It appears to be a Proxy bid. Hoping for a Pro explanation...

upload_2017-7-23_13-24-23.png

From NameJet

http://www.namejet.com/Pages/FAQ.aspx#bidding

upload_2017-7-23_13-27-3.png

Being that I'm trying to gain a full handle on NameJet rules - what's the difference between blind bidding and proxy bidding? Aren't proxy's blind in nature? Or is it simply the high bid will be available at some point before the auction ends - and it's not a silent auction type.

upload_2017-7-23_13-22-31.png

The question being if the current high bid is actually a blind (not published) proxy bid. This FAQ of blind bidding is perhaps misleading.

16. Charley

Charley Striving To Be The Best VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Did any Namejet bidders get compensated for their losses?

17. Ali

Ali Half Beard, Half Machine. Starfire Holdings PRO VIP Trusted Contest Holder

Likely due to a proxy bid being surpassed.

18. hookbox

hookbox Top Member VIP

So now I have 3 accounts at Namejet. My original account and two more I just opened. The second and third account are totally fake with fake names and info and each was opened with different email addresses and a visa gift card as the credit card info and google phone numbers.

I placed multiple bids on the same names from all 3 accounts.

I am ready to shill bid if anyone needs my services. I will be shilling on my own auctions when needed. :) I am obviously kidding.

I did this to see how easy it is to shill bid if I really wanted to. How the f*ck in the year 2017 am I able to have 3 accounts at a supposedly secure auction house all from the same exact IP?

What a joke, and they wonder why people don't trust their company. They can't even secure the most basic entry point for people to easily shill.

@Rick Schwartz should tweet that and @equity78 should write a story about what a joke it is.

19. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Even though unlikely, it is not impossible for 100% different customers to be shown as having the same IP on NameJet (or anywhere), such as where both are connected using the same 3g/4g provider (cellular modems) in the same city. What NameJet should do is to check for duplicate accounts at least at the moment somebody decided to "verify" their account to bid $2500(?) or more. Which they may or may not be doing already. In fact they should better create a policy on duplicate accounts...

20. Grilled

Or they could ask @Paul Buonopaneof NamePros... ;)

They had an issue with my mobile IP and another members mobile IP several months ago. I am of the understanding they patched the issue with multiple other layers of member verification.

21. hookbox

hookbox Top Member VIP

All I am showing is that those that really want to shill won't shill from their real account. Those that bid with their real user id's are just plain stupid when it's so easy to have alternate accounts. They will use fake accounts that are tracked to no real person. I can easily have 50 accounts if I wanted to. There has got to be a way to secure their system so they can easily track multiple accounts all coming from the same place.

22. Scott615

Scott615 New Member

Just out of curiosity....is there a way to research NameJet auction archives? I paid more for a domain than I should have a few months back at auction for a .com being sold by James Booth. This discussion really sickens me. I had the choice to stop bidding at any point of course, so I take full responsibility, but now I would like to see the auction results to see who I was bidding against there at the end.

23. hookbox

hookbox Top Member VIP

You're right. If Namepros won't let me have multiple accounts from the same IP then how come a real auction house doesn't have the same ability. It really is a joke.

24. Jim Holleran

Jim Holleran Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

So what is the latest on things? I will give Namejet the benefit of the doubt when people make mistakes only if they address them, fix them, and make people whole. Maybe this has been answered, but I been out of the loop, so where do things stand?

25. tldboss

tldboss Top Member VIP

http://www.namejet.com/Pages/MyAccount/reportsauctions.aspx

Filter by date range e.g. start date 1/1/2017 and end date 3/3/2017

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice