Dynadot

Bidding on your own names at NameJet...?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Once in awhile I see people bidding on their own domains at NJ. I would think it would be frowned upon.

Today's seems more obvious than normal. Or am I missing something here?

Airlinejobs.com owned by Andy Booth at Booth.com and high bidder is BQDNcom (James Booth).

3 bids down we see Boothcom as a bidder.

Same thing with MovieZone.com. Owned by Andy Booth in which he currently appears to be the high bidder.

High Bid: $2,475 USD by boothcom

They actually won their own domain airplanesforsale.com. Im guessing it didnt get as high as they wanted so needed to protect it.

Bidder Amount Date
bqdncom $2,001 7/17/2017 12:23 PM
boothcom $1,950 7/17/2017 12:23 PM

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why is there always smoke or fire coming from the DomainSherpa show?..Seriously, isn't this getting old......The show may be produced with good intentions, but it keeps getting caught up in the web of deceit.

•••
Sure I understand that. Thats why I made it completely clear were I was coming from. However many people know me as a no BS kind of guy. So this is probably more for the people that have reason to believe me. Which there should be a few of in this thread.

•••
Why is there always smoke or fire coming from the DomainSherpa show?..Seriously, isn't this getting old......The show may be produced with good intentions, but it keeps getting caught up in the web of deceit.
Probably because there are domainers involved? Not sure if there's an industry without its bad players.

•••
I got a tip from someone that "russell" may be Russell Panella from ShortNames.com. This seems to be spot on, looking more into his bidding history around 78% of bids are only the min back order, he's never won a single auction of Oliver's, and is the runner-up only about 0.2% of the time. Seems like an auction tracking bot to me, not a shill account. His account has a very similar profile to my own that I use to track for NameBio, a ridiculous amount of back orders but almost no follow-on bids.

I can confirm this account is not related to any of the other accounts mentioned in this thread or any shill bidding.

Regarding the $200 bids some people have mentioned, as an investor myself, lately I have been bidding this amount on all western premium LLLL.com auctions, from any seller. This is well below current wholesale (last sub-$200 sale on NJ was April 2015: http://shortnames.com/llll/sales#4HY90KW7I), but is the price point I would happily buy if one were to end that low.

Btw, thank you Michael for digging into this with such a thorough and analytical investigation. Very much appreciated by many.

•••
Sure I understand that. Thats why I made it completely clear were I was coming from. However many people know me as a no BS kind of guy. So this is probably more for the people that have reason to believe me. Which there should be a few of in this thread.

I believe you. But your opinion is discounted by the ongoing relationship you have with him,

•••
Well you sure gave me a hard time for "praising" uglydork even though I don't even know him and it was that he was able to close a good sale. Judgement is a rough business and probably best left to God.

•••
•••
Hi all,

Sorry if I wasn't clear - they are definitely not the seller of the domains. It is 100% a different seller.

Thanks,

-Jonathan

I am grateful that I have never and will never use ScamJet.

•••
NameJet needs to be as transpatent as possible now.

Make all of the information they have public. The entity didnt do anything, but its employees quite possibly did.

Let the chips fall where they may.

They already announced account suspensions, so they saw something wrong.

Of course, it would be difficult to release information that implicates themselves.

•••
You know what Jim. I think we share a trait. We are both able to spot an As$hole a mile away. Though in your case I think I can stretch the distance to TWO miles away.

So you sold thousands of names on Namejet. How long had you been in the industry again? I dont think I meet a guy so full of himself since the Uglydork.
I am not defending any questionable actions and I wont be going anywhere regardless of how this thread evolves. I am posting my real experiences as facts for anyone to include in the image they are forming of Oliver as a seller.

In conclusion. Did I tell you guys I started domaining more than 10 years ago and closed almost 7 figures in sales the last 12 months.. I just thought that was extremely relevant information to include. I am also a super lover and stronger than all men combined.

PS
I have been in the industry for more than a decade! I lost my old NP login that was from 1995. But really I am a great guy if you ask me!!

lol:) Still trying to deflect the fraud/scam your buddy Oliver has committed? Let's see how that works out for you?
You know what Jim. I think we share a trait. We are both able to spot an As$hole a mile away. Though in your case I think I can stretch the distance to TWO miles away.

So you sold thousands of names on Namejet. How long had you been in the industry again? I dont think I meet a guy so full of himself since the Uglydork.
I am not defending any questionable actions and I wont be going anywhere regardless of how this thread evolves. I am posting my real experiences as facts for anyone to include in the image they are forming of Oliver as a seller.

In conclusion. Did I tell you guys I started domaining more than 10 years ago and closed almost 7 figures in sales the last 12 months.. I just thought that was extremely relevant information to include. I am also a super lover and stronger than all men combined.

PS
I have been in the industry for more than a decade! I lost my old NP login that was from 1995. But really I am a great guy if you ask me!!

LOL:) Is that all you got? Glad you made this post about me now. Next time your in San Diego, I will take you sailing on my boat, I will protect you from the sharks even my friend:)

Last edited:
•••
And people say/think that Game Of Thrones is entertaining and enthralling.

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

•••
AAARatedBonds.com shows Oliver Hoger in whois.
Currently at ParkingCrew
drid: as-drid-2397039701937088

ABPF.com shows Oliver Hoger in whois
Currently at ParkingCrew

JJU.net shows hkdn789 @gmail.com in whois
Currently at ParkingCrew

TPEF.com shows hkdn789 @gmail.com in whois
Currently at ParkingCrew

At the time of posting, at least
It could change

I am already lost in 30 pages of this thread... So it appears that here we've got a proof that an individual "Oliver Hoger" and "hkdn", while may or may not be the same person or entity, are close enough to share the same parking account @ ParkingCrew. Correct me if I am wrong ?

•••
I am already lost in 30 pages of this thread... So it appears that here we've got a proof that an individual "Oliver Hoger" and "hkdn", while may or may not be the same person or entity, are close enough to share the same parking account @ ParkingCrew. Correct me if I am wrong ?
Wow good investigating!

•••

Correct. And the domains that @promo is selling are in the same account at ParkingCrew as well, based on their DRID.

Donny

•••

I have no idea who you are, and glad you came forth. I think you are probably successful and kudos to you and you are trading back and forth with this olive guy. Perhaps he touts your stuff and you tout his. You sell each others inventory right? It is normally a symbiotic situation with dealers. I have seen these types of business deals and your type of operations before mixing wholesale and retail business. How many sales has Olive made of your names?

•••
So @promo, your signature indicates that you are selling dirz.com & iyet.com . Both of those domains show Oliver Hoger in the Whois?

Can you explain?

He won't explain because he is one of Oliver's cronies. Promo is angry and bitter at me as well, because he wanted to broker my P.tv name and told him to take a hike. Now looks like the community is figuring out Promo connection to Oliver Hoger with Parking Crew Account.

Last edited:
•••
I have no idea who you are, and glad you came forth. I think you are probably successful and kudos to you and you are trading back and forth with this olive guy. Perhaps he touts your stuff and you tout his. You sell each others inventory right? It is normally a symbiotic situation with dealers. I have seen these types of business deals and your type of operations before mixing wholesale and retail business. How many sales has Olive made of your names?

Oliver has sold zero of my names. But I made a lot of money both selling to Oliver and selling his names for him. So there definitely has been some back and forth.

Regarding our Guru @Jim Holleran This is my first interaction with you and I do not appreciate you PMing me with obscenities. You think you busted me for some reason. I clearly stated my affiliation and opinion. So great work Sherlock. I certainly never approached you to broker one of your domain names. I understand its hard to distinguish one person from the next when he is not you. For some reason you think I am stupid. Or you just like to PM people and call them stupid who knows. I can assure you this is not the case.

Last edited:
•••
Godaddy doing same with his Expired Auctions .

•••
I am certainly not unbiased!. Hence my reason for heading my post with my affiliation to Oliver.

But its the other way around. He is my client.

Maybe you should contact HKDN, I hear he loves LLLL.com domains... though I think his offer might come just a smidge short.

•••
Maybe you should contact HKDN, I hear he loves LLLL.com domains... though I think his offer might come just a smidge short.

HKDN know the "true" value of 4 letter .com-s
Too bad the poor Chinese "taxi drivers" didn`t know :)

•••
Dude, he has already said that he's brokering for Oliver. What's there to fuss about that?
You're way off topic here and targeting the wrong guy.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Let's not lose focus. Shilling has been brought to the attention of NJ in the past & nothing changed. Hopefully this time something will change, like provide an update to your "valued" customers.

@NameJetGM any update?

•••
How a 26-Year-Old Sold $5.1 Million in Domains in His First 12 Months as a Broker?
http://www.domainsherpa.com/james-booth-bqdn/

James Booth`s Answer: I sold most of them to my brother. He really wanted them, if we where a little younger we traded women between us also. Business is business

Last edited:
•••
Let's not lose focus. Shilling has been brought to the attention of NJ in the past & nothing changed. Hopefully this time something will change, like provide an update to your "valued" customers.

@NameJetGM any update?
I think the parent company is not going to let the GM make any more comments. Don't expect much of anything in regards to details now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back