Dynadot

Bidding on NameJet? Use caution....

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DotWeekly

DotWeekly FounderVIP Member
DotWeekly Staff
Impact
I wrote about this yesterday on blog. I had suspected that something was a bit fishy, as I was watching a domain that didn't look very popular, but was bid up very high right from the start. After doing a test, I proved my gut feeling and it's totally wrong if you ask me!

If you want to read my story please do so for your own protection.

Your bid you put in, is NOT a proxy bid. So if it costs $69 to get into an auction (backorder, etc) and you bid $500 as you intend this to be a proxy bid, your wrong! Even if you are the only bidder, the price goes right to your highest bid, $500 in this case. This is totally wrong, as your bid should only be as high as the starting bid, unless somebody outbids you and makes the price go higher!

Shame on you NameJet for stealing peoples money!!! :td: :guilty:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So if it costs $69 to get into an auction (backorder, etc) and you bid $500 as you intend this to be a proxy bid, your wrong! Even if you are the only bidder, the price goes right to your highest bid, $500 in this case

Was this ever confirmed? Does this still occur?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back