Beta site to trade domains as NFTs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Web2domains

Impact
Hi everyone,
I have been involved in the crypto space for a few years and
one of the best things with crypto is the huge amount of liquidity there is,
trades can be done in seconds and with anyone around the world.

I thought it was worth giving it a shot to this idea so I built web2.domains (w2d for short).

With w2d anyone can mint a new domain name as an NFT or (soon) import an existing one.
Once you have your domain nft you can manage the nameservers and dns directly from the site.
You can also transfer it out if you'd like

What's the benefit of using an NFT instead of any other platform?
  • Domain NFTs can be transferred and traded instantaneously and without added fees!
  • Sales are settled instantaneously, no need to wait a week to get your money
  • Buyers can bid on one or multiple domains with no middleman nor scrow service.
  • Buyers can bid on whole categories of domains like 4 letters, numbers, cities, etc.

I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions about w2d,
I think this can be really useful to the community and bring lots of trades!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The website is web2.domains if you want to check it out!

•••
•••
Who is the registered owner of domains created through this app?

•••
Who is the registered owner of domains created through this app?
They are registered under Web2.Domains Business Account, however you are the owner contractually and have full control. If you ever want to take full custody of your name, you can transfer out to your typical domain registrar, like Godaddy, Namecheap, Google, etc.

•••
We just posted a new blog post on our Twitter

•••
They are registered under Web2.Domains Business Account, however you are the owner contractually and have full control. If you ever want to take full custody of your name, you can transfer out to your typical domain registrar, like Godaddy, Namecheap, Google, etc.
Your main obstacle will be trust since you are not a registrar, but instead are acting as a reseller. At minimum you need to register the name using your customer’s contact name, email, and phone. Better if you can provide a complete control panel to manage all aspects.

•••
Hi everyone,
I have been involved in the crypto space for a few years and
one of the best things with crypto is the huge amount of liquidity there is,
trades can be done in seconds and with anyone around the world.

I thought it was worth giving it a shot to this idea so I built web2.domains (w2d for short).

With w2d anyone can mint a new domain name as an NFT or (soon) import an existing one.
Once you have your domain nft you can manage the nameservers and dns directly from the site.
You can also transfer it out if you'd like

What's the benefit of using an NFT instead of any other platform?
  • Domain NFTs can be transferred and traded instantaneously and without added fees!
  • Sales are settled instantaneously, no need to wait a week to get your money
  • Buyers can bid on one or multiple domains with no middleman nor scrow service.
  • Buyers can bid on whole categories of domains like 4 letters, numbers, cities, etc.

I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions about w2d,
I think this can be really useful to the community and bring lots of trades!
Love this model so much! I've been in crypto and NFTs since 2016 and as a domainer and NFT degen I would definitely use this service. Best of luck!

•••
I did register a domain on your site just to try it. It’s a great concept, bit you really need to change it so we can set the Whois contact info and emai upon registering and thereafter. I’m sure your intentions are good, but domain ownership is determined by the registrant info. Therefore if something happened beyond your control, we would lose our domains. I also did not see a transfer out option on the site. For this reason I’ll most likely request a transfer out after the 90-day lock has expired. What are your plans for these things?

•••
Hi! Thanks for the replies, whois info is not a problem, I can work on a section to configure them manually for your domains. Most people on crypto just want to use their wallet address so asking them for personal information seemed liked a disadvantage.
For the transfer out there is the 90 day initial registration lock but you can transfer it out after that time if you like.

•••
idea is not bad , but do pay some money to buy a web3 keyword domain , it helps you

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back