IT.COM

question Best ways to drive traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jedaprin

Established Member
Impact
Hello I was wondering what tactics you have used in the past to generate traffic to a product

I know that forums and videos are great ways but I would like to expand more on this subject as traffic can be your bread and butter

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SEO, PPC, banner ad placement, direct navigation

•••
blogs picture galleries, url shortening sites, interstitials, google searches, top sites, sig campaigns, guest book posting etc.

•••
What's SEO I'm not familiar I know what PPC is
Interstitials and sig campaigns not sure what those are either anyways thanks I'll have to look these up and implement them

I know key words work well

•••
SEO = search engine optimization

•••
What's SEO I'm not familiar I know what PPC is
Interstitials and sig campaigns not sure what those are either anyways thanks I'll have to look these up and implement them

I know key words work well
You have a LOT to learn - and there's a LOT of bad information out there so it will take you time and research before you will know good SEO from bad or worthless SEO. (Channeling my inner Trump, "Believe me, believe me... I know more about SEO than anyone, anyone... And there is SO much bad information. It's just incredible, incredible.... It's yuge the amount of bad information out there.")

Don't try to rush through your learning curve as you may end up hurting yourself (i.e. waste time & money) and hurt your domains' rankings in the search engines.

Last edited:
•••
Okay how do I optimize my products I just want a very simple website I'm running woocommerce on a wordpress with tesseract theme all products are going to be is ebooks for now
Www.yens.xyz

Last edited:
•••
first build a good nice looking site with original content to describe your products your trying to sell.
your site is not this then worry about seo and driving traffic to it.

•••
If you've made videos. Try SEO optimize them and target long tail keywords. It's possible with the right work to rank these videos Google's first page and that would increase your traffic.

•••
Okay thanks also what Deos exact search results mean for a website I want to develop yens.xyz Deos the name have any influence on google search results if I'm only selling ebooks ?

Or is it most important to have your pages show up first in google search results?

Because yens is just Japanese currency

•••
Exact match domains (EMD) used to be a lot more important. But not so much these days. They definitely don't hurt, as they easily help your audience identify with your product/service. But you could sell ebooks from Yens.xyz if you target the right keywords to rank for.

Good luck :)

•••
Target people that may be interested in a particular e-book and link directly to the product page. As for targeting your options will vary depending if your using facebook, google/Bing, etc. It's complicated and too easy to throw your money away if you don't know what your doing.

I would suggest make a 1 minute product specific intro video uploaded to youtube. Add links directly to product. Find a coupon code for google adwords set up as account and connect your youtube channel. Then advertise the video towards targeted users that may be interested in the specific subject matter of your ebook. Remember to create call to action which is the direct link to product page from the video.
There is so much more you need to know in regards to targeting, settings, etc. So I suggest to Google it, watch videos and read to learn latest tactics etc.

•••
This poor guy is going to lose a lot of time and money before he ever makes a $1.00 profit.

But i guess you have to start somewhere...

My advice...don't give up...

Atleast you found this blog and started asking questions to get more info...

Good Luck!!!

•••
I'd add Google analytcs to your site. You get some good traffic information, and it can help you with Google.

I mentioned interstitials, this is a tricky area, and I'd steer clear of it at the moment. It's adding extra advertising pages, and it can annoy surfers, and harm your SEO if you aren't careful.

Sig campaigns are adding links to your forum signature - gemspend doesn't resolve for me, so that is a wasted resource.

•••
Like kuffy just mentioned Google Analytics is Very important. Setup a purchase of your ebook as a conversion so your able to track where and what keywords lead to that conversion, as well as find out what traffic is not converting........

•••
I'm having the same problem, just built vrhardware.com and looking to drive traffic, my advice would be to do SEO but also add a book review/blog page reviewing books and bringing out content regularly.

•••
Back