IT.COM

question Best way to sell a bunch of domain names?

NameSilo
Watch

manynames

Established Member
Impact
I've got a bunch of 3 letter .org domains, some 4 letter .com's and some personal first name / last name domains. If I were looking to liquidate a bunch of names, I know there are several options:

1. Namepros.com forums
2. Auction websites GoDaddy/NameJet etc
3. Domain Broker? Which ones sell portfolios?

What other options am I missing? Essentially I'm looking to see a path to selling a bunch of my names off while getting the best prices possible of course.

Has anyone sold a lump portfolio off through a broker before?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Upvote 0
I've got a bunch of 3 letter .org domains, some 4 letter .com's

For this class of names (if they aren't junk letters), Godaddy auctions is a good fit, though I'd recommend setting a reserve. One caution, Godaddy will be raising their commission rate effective Feb. 1.

Namejet isn't for the uninitiated (imo).

•••
Upvote 0
For this class of names (if they aren't junk letters), Godaddy auctions is a good fit, though I'd recommend setting a reserve. One caution, Godaddy will be raising their commission rate effective Feb. 1.

Namejet isn't for the uninitiated (imo).
Thanks so much for the reply. What do you mean that Namejet isn't for the uninitiated?

As for GoDaddy, their auction is set to this pricing now. What is it changing to?

Domain Sale PriceCommission
$0 - $5,00020% ( $15 minimum)
$5,001 - $25,000$1,000 + 15% of amount over $5,000
$25,000 +$4,000+ 10% of amount over $25,000

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Depends on how big the "bunch" is and on the exact nature of the names. Some might sell better at 4.cn for example.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Well, I tried this auction process out via GoDaddy and the names finished so low that I'm glad I had reserves. Can buyers tell that there are reserves in place or something? Because I went on another browser and I couldn't see there was a reserve on the domain name.

Either way, unfortunately, I do not see a path to selling any names in this way.

I have about 100 three letter .orgs

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Can buyers tell that there are reserves in place or something?

Yes, reserves are very prominently indicated -- but the actual reserve (price) is not shown.

How many auctions did you list? Reserve fees can add up quickly.

Also unfortunately, buyers (myself included) are often put off by reserve auctions, resulting in lackluster bidding.

•••
Upvote 0
Yes, reserves are very prominently indicated -- but the actual reserve (price) is not shown.

How many auctions did you list? Reserve fees can add up quickly.

Also unfortunately, buyers (myself included) are often put off by reserve auctions, resulting in lackluster bidding.
Yah, that's what my thought was that people don't bother bidding on reserves unless the reserve has been met early. It might be better to just list the names higher priced and then don't bother with a reserve and hope people are interested that way.

Thoughts?

•••
Upvote 0
https://www.namepros.com/threads/as...do-their-actions-become-monopolistic.1292032/

Namejet: Simply put, I wouldn't recommend. There are recent threads with other perspectives.
Hi.
Thank you for your experience

If I have a domain name with another registrar
I would like to put it up for sale with NameJet.
Do I need to transfer to networksolutions registrar?

The NameJet website seems to be very slow to open.
This is confusing

Also is snapnames similar?
Are they worth selling some domains at reseller prices?

•••
Upvote 0
Back