Dynadot

question Best way to contact potential buyer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
In case the domain you have is suitable for a particular business and you see few companies are potential buyers and provided the particular name is not trademarked and so no issues with contacting them,
what is the best way to contact the potential buyer?

I see the contact page of the official website of those businesses showing the info or support email addresses. But I wonder if contacting through that way will reach the right deciding person.

How would you/sellers normally do?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
🥸 Ok, some folks here are going to likely say outbound “doesn’t work” or “isn’t worth the effort”. We’d have to respectfully disagree with these views. Outbound can be highly effective if approached ideally and, in many cases, creatively. Some of the most common approaches to outbound include:

✅ “Cold” calling
✅ “Cold” emailing
✅ Connecting via social-media
✅ Making contact via physical mail

🔑 The key to being successful in implementing one, or more, of the listed approaches involves “learning your recipient” and factoring that knowledge accordingly into “how” you reach out. (Ex: What are their hours of business? Who are the contacts for different departments? Do they like cheese? Ponder the last one.)

👂Don’t be afraid to take an unorthodox approach to getting the yes and securing the sale. Many people/companies automatically tune out “things that model a solicitation”. This isn’t because solicitation is negative though. With so many people and businesses competing for business/sales, solicitations can be distracting. Do your part not to add to the “noise”.

🐟 In closing, remember it’s important to be creative and persistent. Diversify your outbound strategy if possible; and keep in mind “a fish that isn’t caught today can very well be in the net tomorrow”.

🙏 Wishing you much success.

🗣Mel
QUAD DOMAINS

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
I see the contact page of the official website
Hi

when you see this page, do you notice the domain name they are currently using?

is your name better than what they have?

if so, explain why?

if you can't explain or it isn't obvious, then don't waste their time.

imo...

•••
Upvote 0
Hi

when you see this page, do you notice the domain name they are currently using?

is your name better than what they have?

if so, explain why?

if you can't explain or it isn't obvious, then don't waste their time.

imo...
Yes. Domain name is exact matching name of one of their businesses which is under their main domain.

While the main domain name has brand value, the name I hold will add value and represent that exact business.

That's the reason I consider them as potential. While they may decide to buy or leave, trying and letting them know the availability is at my hands. So checking the best way to contact.

Otherwise I wouldn't waste my time as well.

•••
Upvote 0
👂Don’t be afraid to take an unorthodox approach to getting the yes and securing the sale. Many people/companies automatically tune out “things that model a solicitation”. This isn’t because solicitation is negative though. With so many people and businesses competing for business/sales, solicitations can be distracting. Do your part not to add to the “noise”.

🐟 In closing, remember it’s important to be creative and persistent. Diversify your outbound strategy if possible; and keep in mind “a fish that isn’t caught today can very well be in the net tomorrow”.

🗣Mel
QUAD DOMAINS
Those tips would really help while composing the email

•••
Upvote 0
In case the domain you have is suitable for a particular business and you see few companies are potential buyers and provided the particular name is not trademarked and so no issues with contacting them,
what is the best way to contact the potential buyer?

I see the contact page of the official website of those businesses showing the info or support email addresses. But I wonder if contacting through that way will reach the right deciding person.

How would you/sellers normally do?
use contact page / support email with notice to send your message for marketing department or someone who make such decisions.

as for me contact to all you can !!!
if it's a small company, try to cantact to CEO (in most cases his name @ Domain .com or so) use email verification before sending. CMO, SEO ...

p.s. Now I'm using ACTIVE domainers email list, around 1k emails, to sell my domains for low cost, for cash out reasons. Here is a stat of 1-st email ( 30% open rate :xf.wink: )
1684828266395.png

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
use contact page / support email with notice to send your message for marketing department or someone who make such decisions.

as for me contact to all you can !!!
if it's a small company, try to cantact to CEO (in most cases his name @ Domain .com or so) use email verification before sending. CMO, SEO ...

p.s. Now I'm using ACTIVE domainers email list, around 1k emails, to sell my domains for low cost, for cash out reasons. Here is a stat of 1-st email ( 30% open rate :xf.wink: )
Show attachment 238106
Those are great tips 👍. Thank you!
BTW, are you using any tool/service to send email to the domainers and where to get domainers email addresses?

•••
Upvote 0
While the main domain name has brand value, the name I hold will add value and represent that exact business.
Hi

how will your name add value?
is it valuable now and why?
does it get daily visitors looking for their products/services?

asking such questions, because receiver of your solicitation may ask the same.

imo...

•••
Upvote 0
Those are great tips 👍. Thank you!
BTW, are you using any tool/service to send email to the domainers and where to get domainers email addresses?
Welcome,
I'm using Mailjet, see DM

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
🥸 Ok, some folks here are going to likely say outbound “doesn’t work” or “isn’t worth the effort”. We’d have to respectfully disagree with these views. Outbound can be highly effective if approached ideally and, in many cases, creatively. Some of the most common approaches to outbound include:

✅ “Cold” calling
✅ “Cold” emailing
✅ Connecting via social-media
✅ Making contact via physical mail

🔑 The key to being successful in implementing one, or more, of the listed approaches involves “learning your recipient” and factoring that knowledge accordingly into “how” you reach out. (Ex: What are their hours of business? Who are the contacts for different departments? Do they like cheese? Ponder the last one.)

🗣Mel
QUAD DOMAINS
Sent you a pm with an email template. When you are available can you check it once and let know your thoughts. Thought of getting some opinion before pressing the button.

•••
Upvote 0
Sent you a pm with an email template. When you are available can you check it once and let know your thoughts. Thought of getting some opinion before pressing the button.

🤝 No problem. Here to help.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back