Impact
It's like the top ones are

Augmented Reality (AR)
Internet of Things (IOT) Industry
Marijuana/Pot/Hemp/Cannabis domains

which of these is good for handregs?

Cheers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Mark Silan hi..
Welcome to NamePros..

I will say...
Read and follow threads on NamePros...and you will see dedicated threads of above mentioned topics here..
And also follow completed sales thread that gives a good idea of what type of names are selling...

And NameBio.com can give specific keyword sales data...

Good luck
Ravi

•••
I think at this point none of those are easy to get hand-regs that will get a return close to guaranteed. Probably the Canna is the one that has the best chance though. Once you learn more you'll be able to see what's good and what's not so good. :)

•••
@Mark Silan hi..
Welcome to NamePros..

I will say...
Read and follow threads on NamePros...and you will see dedicated threads of above mentioned topics here..
And also follow completed sales thread that gives a good idea of what type of names are selling...

And NameBio.com can give specific keyword sales data...

Good luck
Ravi

Cheers!

Free past sales data from NameBio is great.

I think at this point none of those are easy to get hand-regs that will get a return close to guaranteed. Probably the Canna is the one that has the best chance though. Once you learn more you'll be able to see what's good and what's not so good. :)

I found cannamedy.com . Like Cannabis Remedy or Cannabis Medical? Is it good?

also sorry for being a noob but where do you sell hand-regs? :)

•••
Welcome to NPs @Mark Silan !

ReL
sorry for being a noob but where do you sell hand-regs? :)

Whether it is a hand-reg, expired, auction, private, premium or other acquisition does not per se change where it might be sold. The main marketplace options include the Afternic network, Sedo, Flippa, Undeveloped (and others) and the various registrar marketplaces.

A choice needs to be made whether you are trying to sell it retail (to an end user that will build a website on it) or wholesale (to other domain investors). Generally speaking the prices for the latter will be about 1/10 the former, but lead to a quicker flip. For wholesale selling here on NPs is a good option, as are GoDaddy auctions, and the registrar marketplaces such as GD, Namecheap, Dynadot, Epik and others.

Best of luck with them.

Bob

•••
Augmented Reality (AR)
Internet of Things (IOT) Industry
Marijuana/Pot/Hemp/Cannabis domains

which of these is good for handregs?
I am not answering the question directly, but handregs are not easy to sell in general - unless you are experienced because the best names were taken a long time ago, and what is still unregistered in 2018 is the leftovers that nobody would buy for $10.
This is a blanket statement, it's not 100% accurate of course.

But you may be putting the cart before the horse.

I think you should analyze reported sales and figure out for yourself which trends are trending, what kinds of names are in demand. If possible pick a niche you are familiar with.
Good luck.

•••
selecting more than one niche is a wise thing to do at this point of your journey :)

Cheers
Corey

•••
Handregs :)

There are thousands of people worldwide (domain investors, speculators, or as I have learned in another thread here, "originators") who are thinking about how to make money from domain names...basically all good domain names are thus taken. If they are not taken, they have some other issues, like TM liabilities or high renewals attached to them. Very few exceptions to this exists.

Imo the only way how you can make serious and constant money in handregs is to be more clever or more visionary then 99,9% of your competition. If you are, congrats. If you are not, then you will be loosing money in this game.

•••
Look at other domains dont bother with the top ones look at the low hanging fruit...

•••
selecting more than one niche is a wise thing to do at this point of your journey :)

Cheers
Corey
ok, will do! :)

Look at other domains dont bother with the top ones look at the low hanging fruit...
I love this advice.

I think you should analyze reported sales and figure out for yourself which trends are trending, what kinds of names are in demand. If possible pick a niche you are familiar with.
Good luck.

I look at godaddy auctions and sedo for trends. Any other?
Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
ok, will do! :)
I look at godaddy auctions and sedo for trends. Any other?
Thanks!

I would look mainly at NameBio which is broader than either of those and includes way more sales. I would both follow the NameBio Daily Market Report, and also periodically do searches on names related to niches you are considering. At the very high end of the marked DNJournal weekly report is of interest (maybe for most of us to dream about those big sales :xf.grin:). The sold thread here provides some information as well.

Bob

•••
Sounds like an uphill battle. You can do it with patience and persistence.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back