Dynadot

question Best keyword for web3/metaverse domains?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which is the top notch keyword (or abbrev.) for newly emerging web3/metaverse websites?!

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • web3

vote
    5.6%
  • w3

votes
    22.2%
  • metaverse

votes
    22.2%
  • mv

votes
    11.1%
  • -verse

votes
    22.2%
  • nft(s) - maybe better than all?

votes
    16.7%
  • other, in comments

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Andreas B.

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I really would like to know,
what do you think, what is the best - top-notch keyword for newly emerging web3 / metaverse websites, projects, domains?!
(...better than all others)

Or in other words:
If you would get 100 good terms (in .com), which top keyword would you take in front of them?!

Rate or tell your alternative in the comments.

Thanks for participating.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Me, personally, I will go with the shortest:
w3

Yes, not because there is a new thread feat. it, but because

a) its most easy & good-looking to design a logo for it
b) its the shortest
c) just by looking at it, it makes very much sense (in a matter of seconds)

I think web3 or metaverse (mv) are of course also good buzz words,
honestly spoken w3 makes the best impression on me because it is so short /
and the combination of a character and a number.
That's also great for newly web3 technologies...

•••
You've listed all but "meta" (better than the full word metaverse IMO). Just having "verse" is nice too. If you're among that small percentage of sellers that own some really good combinations, great. However, all the good ones are taken by now. Only that top amount with those good combinations are going to be getting the attention, the others will fade into the drop

Last edited:
•••
Hi
I personally think web3 and w3 are short term branding, I own only 4 domains with this keywords and not plan to buy more.
Long term is keyword + verse, the others are less appealing, why you may ask ?, cause meta already belongs to facebook, many websites will be associated with it automatically, even the metaverse combo is more thanks to verse suffix not meta keyword, that is why i plan to develop my website neosverse, cause it describes my own verse it makes it unique from all the others, I even own neomv and neosmv in king but will redirect them to main website.
In short w3 is just a version which can be replaced later with other number.

I will tell you something, even neosverse will be replaced later cause there is something more important than all this buzz words that are short term, but none the less for me verse is the one to go at the moment to masquerade in the mean time.
IMO

•••
You've listed all but "meta" (better than the full word metaverse IMO). Just having "verse" is nice too. If you're among that small percentage of sellers that own some really good combinations, great. However, all the good ones are taken by now. Only that top amount with those good combinations are going to be getting the attention, the others will fade into the drop
Hi
I personally think web3 and w3 are short term branding, I own only 4 domains with this keywords and not plan to buy more.
Long term is keyword + verse, the others are less appealing, why you may ask ?, cause meta already belongs to facebook, many websites will be associated with it automatically, even the metaverse combo is more thanks to verse suffix not meta keyword, that is why i plan to develop my website neosverse, cause it describes my own verse it makes it unique from all the others, I even own neomv and neosmv in king but will redirect them to main website.
In short w3 is just a version which can be replaced later with other number.

I will tell you something, even neosverse will be replaced later cause there is something more important than all this buzz words that are short term, but none the less for me verse is the one to go at the moment to masquerade in the mean time.
IMO
Thanks for your great & honest opinions -

I appreciate it a lot!

Yeah, -verse is a really great keyword, for a web3/metaverse related website name.
I agree.

What a pitty that most are gone by now...

I held, as so many, big expectations towards meta- domains.

But as we know by now, you need to have some good standing ground & arguments, for holding meta- domains / developing them.

Good for those, that have them (& some indeed have).

I think w3 looks great, when you use it in your logo.

Just as example, what does look better?!

w3.jpg

For me, its strangwise w3.
Solely from a design/visual point of view.

Althoug, I understand of course, that the full expression might be more worth than the abbreviation.

Last edited:
•••
Just for the record:
NFT/s clearly do best, next is metaverse, then web3 & w3.

...however, past results are not a guarantee for future performance ; )
same as with the stock markets.

Attachments

• metaverse namebio.PNG
    metaverse namebio.PNG
    33 KB · Views: 81
  • nft nb.PNG
    nft nb.PNG
    34.1 KB · Views: 94
  • web3 nb.PNG
    web3 nb.PNG
    32.7 KB · Views: 76
  • w3 nb.PNG
    w3 nb.PNG
    33.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
•••
Really hard to make judgments this early on small public sampling of sales. Most sales go unreported and its very early to make declarations of what is better what is worse.

Lots of other words you have not included that MAY do well in this overall space based on niche involved such as spatial, Haptic, mv, dao, defi, immersive, xr, ar, vr,phygital, etc etc.

•••
Really hard to make judgments this early on small public sampling of sales. Most sales go unreported and its very early to make declarations of what is better what is worse.

Lots of other words you have not included that MAY do well in this overall space based on niche involved such as spatial, Haptic, mv, dao, defi, immersive, xr, ar, vr,phygital, etc etc.
Totally right.

I'd like to add holo.....
;

Last edited:
•••
Google latest keywords and pilfer.

•••
Have to say NFT, but may be a little biased 😉

•••
I own only one.
META.io3

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back