Dynadot

poll Best/Favorite Registrar - End of year poll

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is your favorite/best registrar? (Before voting, please read the first post)

Impact
Who is you favorite/best registrar.

Poll closes on January 15.

You can make up to 3 choices.

Votes are public.

No employee voting.

No advertising from registrars in the thread.

Registrars in the poll are the ones used in the previous 4 polls. If your favorite one isn't listed, click Other and post in the thread. I will see if it can get added.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I foresee Dan will be my fave registrar next year.

•••
Good that multiple votes are allowed. My choices for this year:

1) Dynadot. Even though I was assigned an account manager, I did not yet have to contact her... Imo it is a quality criteria.The things are simply working as they are supposed to. A minor issue I recently had (due to my own misunderstanding) was fixed by Live Chat agent quickly and efficiently. Besides, @Dynadot (NP member) is always open to suggestions and communications, and this registrar is constantly improving. The last but not the least, Dynadot participates both in Afternic and SedoMLS, which is important (for my needs).

Looking forward for further marketplace development, including pay-in options (payment plans), more payout options, extra landers.

2) PorkBun. My only complaint is the name :). On a more serious note, I am sorry that I did not try this registrar earlier. Discovered it in 2020. Very clean and simple interface. Good pricing ($8.56 for .com), the same price for retail and wholesale customers. Had to contact support once, with a request of extremely technical nature. Instead of further escalating the ticket to "highly skilled engineers", which I expected to happen, the customer service agent who responded... simply... did what I needed. Highly recommended!
No Sedo MLS support (yet?), but Afternic DLS (fast transfer) is available.

•••
1. - Dynadot
2. - Porkbun
3. - Sav

•••
Dynadot, the only one i never faced any issue at all

•••
1st choice same as previous years: Porkbun. Hands down, best interface, fastest DNS and contact updates, superb customer service.. honestly list goes on.

then 2nd and 3rd, respectively: NameSilo and Epik. Both have superb customer service as well, though NS response times has slowed down somewhat.

This has been a difficult for anyone across all industries, props to all those rising to the challenge.

•••
Epik.com led by @Rob Monster

One few CEOS stands behind the product (post replies)

Constantly innovating; “You against the world, Rob.”

Only Registrar with lease-to-own flexibility as standard!
All Epik Escrow fees waived for NPers;
Safe! Epik never lost DN; Growing steadily. Go epik!

The best domainer-friendly registrar. Epik! Give em try;
————

2) Dynadot
Was close winning 2020 NP award. Worthy Registrar
————

3) NameSilo (Still) even after ownership change;

Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
dan.com
62.com
evergreen.com
csc.com

•••

It's been removed, thanks mods.

Looks like Porkbun is the hot up and commer. Will test them out and they might get a vote next year when I've had a chance to use them. Like others the name threw me off at first but I like that they have the crew on the front page with names/faces. 4 registrar race for 2nd.

Last edited:
•••
My choices

Dynadot
Porkbun
Namecheap

In that order.

If there was a 4th option, then Epik

•••
Good that multiple votes are allowed. My choices for this year:

1) Dynadot. Even though I was assigned an account manager, I did not yet have to contact her... Imo it is a quality criteria.The things are simply working as they are supposed to. A minor issue I recently had (due to my own misunderstanding) was fixed by Live Chat agent quickly and efficiently. Besides, @Dynadot (NP member) is always open to suggestions and communications, and this registrar is constantly improving. The last but not the least, Dynadot participates both in Afternic and SedoMLS, which is important (for my needs).

Looking forward for further marketplace development, including pay-in options (payment plans), more payout options, extra landers.

2) PorkBun. My only complaint is the name :). On a more serious note, I am sorry that I did not try this registrar earlier. Discovered it in 2020. Very clean and simple interface. Good pricing ($8.56 for .com), the same price for retail and wholesale customers. Had to contact support once, with a request of extremely technical nature. Instead of further escalating the ticket to "highly skilled engineers", which I expected to happen, the customer service agent who responded... simply... did what I needed. Highly recommended!
No Sedo MLS support (yet?), but Afternic DLS (fast transfer) is available.
I have been using Porkbun since 2018. I love their prices, their interface (only second to Dyna) and their quirky sense of humour

•••
It's been removed, thanks mods.

Looks like Porkbun is the hot up and commer. Will test them out and they might get a vote next year when I've had a chance to use them. Like others the name threw me off at first but I like that they have the crew on the front page with names/faces. 4 registrar race for 2nd.

I know they are moving up, nothing negative to say about them I never used them but I can't get myself to go with something named porkbun. I just laugh.

•••
I know they are moving up, nothing negative to say about them I never used them but I can't get myself to go with something named porkbun. I just laugh.

Yeah, felt the same and others have posted that as well about the name, but will give them a try. Of course first time I heard GoDaddy, wasn't sure about that one either. We're just so used to the name now. Or InternetBS, never thought that was the best ending.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, felt the same and others have posted that as well about the name, but will give them a try. Of course first time I heard GoDaddy, wasn't sure about that one either. We're just so used to the name now. Or InternetBS, never thought that was the best ending.

Yeah took me awhile to get with GoDaddy. I was using Register.com and their cheaper priced site too back in the day.

•••
Epik is, and has been, my favorite for a while because of pricing, privacy and customer service. I only voted once since there is not a way to prioritize order.

Godaddy has moved up on my approval list since they have added partial privacy (of course a domainer has to belong to their club to get the best registration prices).

•••
Namecheap
best pricing &No hidden prints on the checkouts;

•••
Sav - registration pricing and backorder pricing.
Name.com - pricing, but no marketplace.
ResellerClub - I sell domains but don't have free privacy. I might leave them if they don't offer this in the future.
Namecheap - I only register if they have 3$ sale, but then transfer them out before the renewal the following year.

Last edited:
•••
I no longer use Godaddy because they're no longer the cheap registrar as I've known them way back. But I still use their Auction, I sold a domain there.

•••
Dynadot.com
Namesilo.com

Reason:
1) Stable register & renewal pricing
2) Most important they give 1 month grace period to renew expired domains.

•••
For me again Epik for this year. Porkbun is good too but not so many options like Epik. Dynadot 3th place for me.

•••
Porkbun this year, serveral of my domains there!
will try Dynadot in 2021

•••
•••
Dynadot is at the top for me atm

•••
Back