IT.COM

poll Best/Favorite Registrar - End of year poll

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is your favorite/best registrar? (Before voting, please read the first post)

Impact
Who is you favorite/best registrar.

Poll closes on January 15.

You can make up to 3 choices.

Votes are public.

No employee voting.

No advertising from registrars in the thread.

Registrars in the poll are the ones used in the previous 4 polls. If your favorite one isn't listed, click Other and post in the thread. I will see if it can get added.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's also impressive NetSol was still able to get 4 votes out of these :xf.eek:
Aren't they still doing frontrunning? (Otherwise, their pricing is absolutely out of budget, plus the time to get out of there is not worth it IMO)

You know what's funny I once sold a domain name to an end user and they insisted on Network Solutions. I said really? I will get you authcode whatever you like. But you are the first person I have ever heard want them.

He was like they are great do you have a (some kind of special account, I forget the wording) it's the best. I was like you are a Unicorn, someone who loves Network Solutions.

•••
•••
Dynadot became my favourite this year due to the UI options, fast transfer and sedomls integration. Prices are fair too.

Last edited:
•••
It seems like Dynadot is in almost everyone's top 3.

They don't need self promotion or employee votes to win.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
You know what's funny I once sold a domain name to an end user and they insisted on Network Solutions. I said really? I will get you authcode whatever you like. But you are the first person I have ever heard want them.

He was like they are great do you have a (some kind of special account, I forget the wording) it's the best. I was like you are a Unicorn, someone who loves Network Solutions.

netsol even has issues others didn't even think of

•••
It seems like Dynadot is in almost everyone's top 3.

They don't need self promotion or employee votes to win.

Brad

In future, I want to try them too.

•••
Dynadot (fast transfer Afternic +Sedo MLS)
Epik (Marketplace landing page)
Namecheap (the best promos, fast online support).

•••
Dynadot comes first for me again.

The trust level I have in them is huge and not only me, other registrars and marketplaces trust them enough to have an escrow account with them. As someone who deals in outbounding names that are less than 60days, I feel save registering such names with dynadot knowing there will seamless push of such domain of sold within 60 days. Epik, Dan, Afternic trust them enough to have an account with them. Not every registrar can boast of this.

Another point is the interface, simple, effective and seamless.

Epik comes in second for me

Porkbun in third

•••
As small domain investor indeed price is the most important thing since most of my domains are handreged. Price is no. 1 especially in Pandemic situation. The second important think is quality.

I only choose 1 that is Dynadot on the pool (I don't know if I can choose multiple registrars since the question is The Best)

So my choices are only :

1. Dynadot
2. Godaddy
3. Porkbun

Last edited:
•••
1. Namecheap
2. Name
3 Alibabacloud have cheap domain registration.

•••
Dynadot
Porkbun
Sav

In that order!

•••
Dynadot or namecheap for me, Go Daddy seems to be a ripoff unless your selling.

•••
My experience so far.
  1. SAV = cheapest prices (still testing)
  2. Porkbun = also cheap prices and easy to use interface (would stay but SAV have more affordable renewal prices)
  3. NameCheap = good to buy cheap at some rare events but better to move when renewal comes, also good market used for liquidating (sold almost all of my beginner mistakes there) :D

•••
I was fan of namesilo but recently they didn't pay me pay out until 60 days have been passed for two sales citing risk and that the domains were recently registered and can't be sold for $2K.

Epik has been great, lately due to afternic issues I may move away some of my domain names.

Dynadot has been excellent for me, in every aspect. Seems to have every thing a domainer wants.
Does that even make sense? Is this a Namesilo problem or it happens in other places too? Sold a name last month and was told that until an agent here helped me. Sold another and from the look of things, I fear it could lead to that. What exactly do you think is the problem?

Last edited:
•••
For registering new domains Dynadot.

Godaddy for auctions.

Namesilo for works in between.:sneaky::xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
For registering new domains Dynadot.

Godaddy for auctions.

Namesilo for works in between.:sneaky::xf.wink:
Namesilo is good too but I don't understand this idea of holding payout for 60 days. Is it the same in other places?

As in, the name was sold on NS, though hand regged, and when it was time to withdraw you put your PayPal address but instead of getting payments after 24 hours you later find out your payout is been held for 60 days in case of cashback.

Have you experienced this before or even understand why? Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Namesilo is good too but I don't understand this idea of holding payout for 60 days. Is it the same in other places?

As in, the name was sold on NS, though hand regged, and when it was time to withdraw you put your PayPal address but instead of getting payments after 24 hours you later find out your payout is been held for 60 days in case of cashback.

Have you experienced this before or even understand why? Thanks.

The thing is different companies have different rules and norms. But I can't deny the quality of service which they are primarily intended to provide.;)

•••
I actually do like Fabulous - especially their Executive Lock - but they haven't updated their social media in a very long time, and the site seems to have several bugs. I wonder if they will be around ten years from now @Mike Robertson?

•••
I actually do like Fabulous - especially their Executive Lock - but they haven't updated their social media in a very long time, and the site seems to have several bugs. I wonder if they will be around ten years from now @Mike Robertson?

I have every faith that Fabulous will still be around in 10, 15, 20 years time. Feel free to reach out to me (DM or [email protected]) with any bugs you have experienced and I will have out Team review and fix ASAP.

•••
Dynadot is current #1 for me. Used to be Epik, till the Afternic issue.

•••
Porkbun. Simple. Neat. Clean. No upselling crap you dont need.

Only downside is the lack of certain extensions on offer. Some popular ones missing.
Hopefully they will offer more in the future.

•••
Epik. Some of the cheapest reg fees, cheapest renewal fees, lowest commission (9%). Sold a domain on a Sunday & was paid out almost instantly...on a Sunday (not waiting 7+ days to be paid like some registrars !)

Any queries i've had have been sorted really quickly by @robmonster.

Highly recommend Epik

•••
1 = Namesilo
Efficient and good support
2 = Hostinger
Great backend, maintains excellent support in Brazil.
3 = Godaddy

•••
(n), I want to vote too.
Actually, you did :xf.grin:
upload_2020-12-30_20-22-20.png

•••
I hope that the issue was resolved for the better :coffee:
I'm pretty sure he is talking about the afternic fast transfer issue. How can he resolve the issue?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back