IT.COM

poll Best/Favorite Registrar - End of year poll

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is your favorite/best registrar? (Before voting, please read the first post)

Impact
Who is you favorite/best registrar.

Poll closes on January 15.

You can make up to 3 choices.

Votes are public.

No employee voting.

No advertising from registrars in the thread.

Registrars in the poll are the ones used in the previous 4 polls. If your favorite one isn't listed, click Other and post in the thread. I will see if it can get added.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use 3 registrars. But I voted only for EPIK. They beat others in service, so far.

•••
I voted for namesilo because their front-end interface is the best, it's built for pure domainers, Oldschool.

Best,
Coolhands

Last edited:
•••
I've only ever used 123-reg but it's not on the list so can't vote

•••
PorkBun. My only complaint is the name :).

The name is plain awful and the cheesy comments popping all over the site get old very fast.
But it has a superb domain-checker if you want to scroll through all the TLDs.

•••
Namecheap
Dynadot
Namebright

Easy Transfer Out and good prices.

•••
I was fan of namesilo but recently they didn't pay me pay out until 60 days have been passed for two sales citing risk and that the domains were recently registered and can't be sold for $2K.

Epik has been great, lately due to afternic issues I may move away some of my domain names.

Dynadot has been excellent for me, in every aspect. Seems to have every thing a domainer wants.

•••
•••
Enom 0 votes... If my memory serves me right, in early 200x they were a de facto standard ("enom reseller account", $6.xx .com) for professional domaining purposes. 20 years - from the best to... It is unfortunate.

•••
1- Dan: best overall
2- Porkbun: great UI and pricing
3- Name.com: for simplicity and ease to use

Last edited:
•••
I am a huge fun of Epik; so painful that because of their unfortunate HR and PR politics they lost Afternic integration and are becoming more and more toxic. I can't continue transferring domains in anymore.

Dynadot has a good reputation, and support, and pricing. However i can't stand their UI, it's so idiotic that can be compared with GD, Namecheap and NetSol... It's made not for humans.

I also like InternetBS a lot, their pricing and interface are great, too bad they are not Afternic FT partners.

Porkbun is actually a nice contender.

•••
Last year I voted Epik. I still like their dashboard, functionality, fast support, nameliquidate etc. but their feud with PayPal and Afternic is ruining it all. So this year it's Dynadot. I hope Epik recovers for the next year, though.

•••
•••
•••
1. Epik = Love their support and Dashboard, Highly Professional and innovative. (Lacking PR)
2. Dynadot = Price and promotion, average.

Epik is top of my list.

•••
Dynadot will be my main registrar of 2021

- The only registrar I never had issue with
- I am aiming the “super bulk” $8.50 .com
- MOBILE friendly
- Quick and easy bulk filters and management
- FOLDERS
- Bulk manage DNS records
- Renewal Statistics in dashboard
- Afternic and Sedo Integration

I can’t find all of that anywhere else

•••
I changed my vote and added EpiK to my top 3 list because they deserve it, I just had great experience with their support (like always), from all registrars Epik have the best support. Add to that their continuous innovations which is rare thing to see these days in companies.

That being said Dynadot is still #1 for me.

•••
•••
the best interface and features are at hexonet
but uncompetitive pricing is making me move away

cloudflare is good when you don't need much features
and just want a super cheap domain registrar for .com
and world-class nameservers incl DDoS protection

dynadot is bread and butter
all you need in one place

don't like Epik at all
don't like the interface it's messy in my eyes
the only good thing for me at epik is
that you can move domains out quickly
- unless you click on the link in their confirmation email -
that's as tricky as GoDaddy or 1&1

can't support a company that is owned 88% by a person
who posted so much sheer nonsense
including talking about satan as a real person
and "the lord needed a registrar"

what else might come into his mind.....
don't trust the guy 1 inch

Last edited:
•••
GoDaddy & Dynadot are the best in the business.

I wish Dynadot would become globally recognized one day, like GoDaddy.

imo

•••
now i like :dynadto,dan,epik

•••
I am amazed out of 645 votes, a few large registrars don't even have a single vote. That says a lot.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I am amazed out of 645 votes, a few large registrars don't even have a single vote. That says a lot.

Brad
It's also impressive NetSol was still able to get 4 votes out of these :xf.eek:
Aren't they still doing frontrunning? (Otherwise, their pricing is absolutely out of budget, plus the time to get out of there is not worth it IMO)

•••
•••
Epik for me by far. Still the best registered and has been a good experience. Looking to build a serious portfolio there.

•••
Im a old timer Dynadot. I used several registers in past, I loved the ease of the userCP . Couldn't stand GoDaddy, to many bells & whistles which reflected , in my opinion, Bob Parsons persona.

•••
Back