IT.COM

question Best domain statistics in your portfolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

Any one analytics your portfolio?
How is the record PER DAY in visits (all modes: type-in, with links, SEO, SEM...) for all your Portfolio?
Just only curiosity!

My best days any months ago in 2021 are 800 unique visits per day. No have any sales in this day. :(
Go with your numbers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

though visits are important....
the number of clicks on ppc pages or the number of offers, inquires received from those visitors, is what counts.

to me, it's the action, that the visitor takes, which is most important.
and all that, depends on how many names in your portfolio.

i have about 200 names, which garnered 63K uniques during 2021 for those parked at sedo
the highest month was 6, 861 uniques in May of last year.

imo...

•••
One of my sites did that amount yesterday.

•••
Where are these numbers from? Like, parking companies (eg Sedo, Above), domain sale marketplaces (eg Dan).. though they can also be one and the same.

I have less than 200 domains listed on Dan, and average around 4000 "views" per month, but have no idea what that means, lol. I can have a domain sell out of the blue but it doesn't seem to ever correspond to a high "view" value.

hots-views-dan.jpg

•••
Names which get less than 20 monthly views for months on end can sell out of the blue (sometimes within the first year registered/, acquired), while the 'star' names attracting hundreds/thousands of visitors worldwide may not get a single offer for years.
That said, offers are a somewhat more reliable indicator of interest.

•••
car.xyz
My domain name was just parked on sedo yesterday.

•••
Views don't mean much, you could have 3 views and one of those buys the domain. You could have hundreds of views on another with no sale or offer.

I know from experience.

•••
My top name is govi .in In the last 31 days it has had 3,762 views. 425 click but it is a low PCP so only produced $6.28. I hand regged it in 2010 and it has consistently brought in $120 to $150 per year.

87% of the traffic is coming from India as not only is it a .in but the official government National Portal of India is India.gov.in

•••
On Sedo, there were about 74000 unique views over approx. 3 months for a portfolio numbering in the low 100's. Clicks were 39 during that period, with only one bid received, which did lead to a single sale.
The fun part as a newbie to listing domains, was seeing the traffic stats by countries. Curiously, Russia came in almost consistently as #2 in activity. Just makes you wonder....

Last edited:
•••
I agree with everyone who said stats have zero to do with pending sale or sales. Most of the names I have sold had low traffic. Thats on DAN, brandable markets etc not just one place on one name.

•••
To Sedo's credit, they did have the highest traffic AND they were the first domain marketplace to sell one of my listings after I started posting them on the the big three late last year. Only approx. 1 1/2 months time from posting to sale-- even if the visits to that domain were low! They did a great job, traffic and all!

•••
I don't look at views at all. But in GA tag info I look at traffic sources, I wan't direct type in or organic search, But I find if you watch time on page for a given name and # of user interactions on a page to be indicators signs of interest in a name. this is especially true if a given user keeps going back to page

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back