IT.COM

discuss Be more selective when some one make a new account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I suggest for Namepros to be more selective when some one make a new account
After almost 20 years i think NP should be the elite in domain name business as forum & not only
New members must prove
1. That have at least 10 domain names on portfolio
2. Know at least 5 registrars
3. Know what mean a transfer out & how to use , what mean a push of domain name
So when they make an account to be put this kind of questions ( fields )
Also to be not able to post on specific sections only after they post on "https://www.namepros.com/forums/networking-meet-and-greet.49/" and /or after minimum 3-5 posts in sections where are permitted as a new member - Only after to have access on all areas
Otherwise will happen like on thread "Epik had a major breach" & people who don't have a clue about domain names & people in this business - they will comment just for fun
NP need to be more selective

Kind regards,

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I suggest for Namepros to be more selective when some one make a new account
After almost 20 years i think NP should be the elite in domain name business as forum & not only
New members must prove
1. That have at least 10 domain names on portfolio
2. Know at least 5 registrars
3. Know what mean a transfer out & how to use , what mean a push of domain name
So when they make an account to be put this kind of questions ( fields )
Also to be not able to post on specific sections only after they post on "https://www.namepros.com/forums/networking-meet-and-greet.49/" and /or after minimum 3-5 posts in sections where are permitted as a new member - Only after to have access on all areas
Otherwise will happen like on thread "Epik had a major breach" & people who don't have a clue about domain names & people in this business - they will comment just for fun
NP need to be more selective

Kind regards,

That sounds like a serious attempt to severely curb the influx of new members, perhaps even to a complete halt. Everyone started at some point and the whole purpose of this forum is to be able to continuously learn from others, at all levels of your domain career. Sure, I understand your frustration and that you created this post as a result of a discussion in another thread, but I don't think it's a good idea.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I don't know, everyone starts somewhere.

I would generally not be for blocking access to newer users, especially outside certain sections which could be used to scam others.

Many newbies might have valuable information or advice, even if they are new to the domain industry itself.

Brad

•••
I don't know, everyone starts somewhere.

I would generally not be for blocking access to newer users, especially outside certain sections which could be used to scam others.

Many newbies might have valuable information or advice, even if they are new to the domain industry itself.

Brad
It was not implied that new accounts had nothing to offer ..rather new accounts being created and making new threads where members are posting on pointless threads

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back