Dynadot

Be careful at NameJet pre-release auctions

NameSilo
Watch
Check the domain whois and history to see if it is a "legit" pre-release (expired) domain or a domain being sold through NameJet (which supposedly doesn't accept clients domains for sale).

In the last days and the next days to come, there are bunch of domains that are being sold by the same owner that is puting fake bids at the minimum price ($69) and then removing them at the last minute. There is tipically 3 or 5 bidders with the maximum bid at $69 and the domains are crap. So, if you see them and wonder why they have some backorders then backoff.

This an advice that should be followed everytime but in this case the seller is so dubious, with so many changes in the whois of his domains, and with this fake bids scam so clear that one has to wonder how NameJet is permiting such an activity.

Money talks...

regards,
tonecas

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This isn't a scam. It's slightly deceptive, that's all.
It IS a scam.

It's shill bidding, in other words fraud. And no marketplace can condone fraud.
In the financial world that should qualify as stock manipulation or insider trading or something like that.
Restaurants seat people in the windows to make their restaurant look full even when.

This is not a good comparison, seating diners by the window would be more like a featured listing on the home page of Sedo.com. A shill bid is when the restaurant jacks up the price of the menu while you've begun to eat.

That kind of "slightly deceptive" game is also a sure way to get banned from NP and other forums.

Yes, people shouldn't place bids like lemmings but two wrongs don't make a right.

The purpose of shill bidding is not just to "start the ball rolling" or make the domain look more attractive - often it is a way of artificially driving prices up at the expense of legit bidders.

•••
when you list a domain for sale, or have it expired and gain a percentage of the sales proceedings, and then you go ahead and use fake accounts to bid on your domains and just remove then in the last hour, you are doing a scam and are a scammer. there is no other way to go around this.

regarding the rest you are right. namejet is shady and unethical.

regards,
tonecas

True that shill bidding is wrong, but as a buyer I always do my due diligence when buying domains. Whether it be for SEO purposes or the value of a name, I have a price I'm willing to pay and I stick to that.

•••
Never get pre release anything, you are putting your ideas out there in hopes to get them registered. Wait for live auctions and expired domains or register brand new domain names.

•••
There is something very wrong on Namejet and I don't know why.

There are plenty of domains that go to the auction daily on Prerelease, Their history makes no sense, Keeps loading and loading.

All of the names go to a seller on Sedo, called Cayman Islands, check this out: http://prntscr.com/krj141

All domains are listed for sale on Sedo first, 500$USD Make an offer.

These activities waste us time...That's it!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back