IT.COM

question Baseball.net sold on Flippa for $15,100 - Sold for $52,500 in '08

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Baseball.net sold via Flippa, price was $15,100.

Was sold in 2008 at TRAFFIC conference for $52,500. That's a big loss for the owner. Could have changed owners between then.

Is .NET just not a good extension for resell?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like net and I don't find it unusual to access a net website Resale depends on the keywords but for sure is has a much lower value than com

•••
It’s been for sale for a long time, was a long auction on Flippa.

Big domain, but take a look where hockey.com has been for the longest time.

•••
Net is definitely less valuable than in 2008. Some of .nets that would easily flip for $500-$1000 in 2008 now wouldn't attract much attention at a $1 auction.

•••
It can always be a hack lol

ball-net.jpg

•••
of course .net lost much value since 2008

Market has changed a lot

random LLLL .com which were available to register for reg fee at 2008 are now worth much more than many premium keywords .net

•••
Who plays baseball nowdays?

•••
Kids play baseball in schools and leagues. Its actually real popular. Dads that know their kids dont have the genes to play America football or the height of Basketball, will push them into Baseball very young because you still can be successful at it at average size and height (the soccer of America). Hardball generally ends for people at the High School level. Then some adult softball and beer if still interested. Pro Baseball fans are usually people that participated in this process when they were young.

•••
Kids play baseball in schools and leagues. Its actually real popular. Dads that know their kids dont have the genes to play America football or the height of Basketball, will push them into Baseball very young because you still can be successful at it at average size and height (the soccer of America). Hardball generally ends for people at the High School level. Then some adult softball and beer if still interested. Pro Baseball fans are usually people that participated in this process when they were young.
For European people, its a non interesting, quite boring, sport. I respect the American supporters. My previous post was obviously humorous.

•••
•••
For European people, its a non interesting, quite boring, sport. I respect the American supporters. My previous post was obviously humorous.

The American version of this is Cricket, Soccer to a lesser degree. lol

Last edited:
•••
This is what happens when domainers buy at end user price, hoping to flip for a profit ?

•••
As popular as the word baseball is, ways of making money on it are probably limited, imo.
Dot net still managed to fetch up to high 5 figures in 2017.

I don't have the stats, but overall domain prices seem progressively lower since 2008, including dot com with the exception of 2 an 3 letter/number domains and a very few other niches. Also, the number of reported sales in all tlds is a fraction of those reported in 2008.

Just look at the recently reported sales list at a popular venue. For the prior week, the list is as short as ever and the top reported sale was a dot com at $30,000.

•••
•••
Currently domain goes to a parked GD page. :|

@equity78

•••
It’s been for sale for a long time, was a long auction on Flippa.

Big domain, but take a look where hockey.com has been for the longest time.

I like hockey. Where has Hockey.com been?

•••
Was sold in 2008 at TRAFFIC conference for $52,500. That's a big loss for the owner. Could have changed owners between then.

Is .NET just not a good extension for resell?
Its not the .net extention, its the end user price the buyer purchased in 2008, and then he could not resell it for a profit.
That was a really bad bad investment, he learned his lesson the hard way! lol

•••
•••
In 2008 exact match domains were much easier to rank and there were far fewer extensions. .Net is more recognized by the general public than the new extensions. But paying five figures for a non-.COM is a steep hill to climb for a domain investment.

•••
IMO 52K is not a good price to buy if owner is domain investor however if he bought for development purpose then it is fine. Seller's intention was to liquidate the domain that is Why he sold on flippa otherwise he could have wait, list on Sedo with higher price or hire a broker for it.

•••
Back