Dynadot

Backordered a misspelled domain with SnapNames

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi guys,

I usually double and triple check before I register or backorder a domain, but this time I screwed up and misspelled the domain, and now have been emailed by SnapNames with a "Congratulations on your successful transaction. " for what they essentially hand regged for me.

Has anyone had success getting a refund for this? The domain was available and they didn't "catch" it. I already created a support ticket but have yet to hear back.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sucks with the situation at Snapnames. As someone asked, and as you mentioned, they are one of the largest and most efficient at catching dropping names. They also have a pretty large inventory of private sales. Tough getting suspended by them in this situation. I fully empathise with you and agree that SnapNames is completely in the wrong here

•••
Thanks, I only sold it for $150, so I turned a small profit. Wanted more for the domain, but I made a new connection for future business so all in all not bad.

I don't participate as much as I used to, but I'm still around checking threads weekly :xf.wink:
Great you still check bro. I CAN'T forget the role you played in my domaining career. Yeah, it is okay to sell for cheap in order to pave way for subsequent sales.

I did that recently for a domain name at $100 because I feel by instincts, we might end up doing over 8-15 domain sales/transaction.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back