IT.COM

Back in domaining again after 7 years.

NameSilo
Watch
Hey, guys. How are you all ? Many people knew me very well. I am back to domaining again after long time of 7 years. Due to personal reason left domaining, but back again. Let's share some insight or direction where I should head what chages and what should I avoid now a days.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's great! Personally I don't feel like a lot has changed in the past 7 years. Dot com is still king. Some new industries taking off and of course there are new tools. Other than that it's probably pretty close to what you remember 7 years ago.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Major change from 7 years ago is that you will find a lot of pretty good names being dropped and nobody catches them at closeout or when they delete.

The really good names have a lot more competition than 7 years ago.

Welcome back.

•••
Many people knew me very well.
Who are that people ?

Hey bro I just checked your profile
There is 7 years gap from your registration date to 1 post date
You are more slow than I am
Are long time investor like Buffet or just look around
1676531893637.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Let's share some insight or direction where I should head what chages and what should I avoid now a days.
Well the .com is still king believe it or not, and short keywords and phrases are still popular.

Depending on when you left the only noticeable difference is that NNNN.com and LLLL.com are all taken, and NNNN.com are easily liquidated for mid $X,XXX, while some clunky LLLL.com have trouble selling for $XXX.

Last edited:
•••
•••
If you're a new member I wonder what people that joined before 10 years ago are classed as ☺️.

Welcome back into the game.

Last edited:
•••
Not much has changed, single words are preferred no matter what the extension. 2 word coms are next.

Wholesale prices have gone way up as well as auction prices.

•••
Not much has changed, single words are preferred no matter what the extension. 2 word coms are next.

Wholesale prices have gone way up as well as auction prices.
what's the dropmonitor bin?

•••
Welcome back. Whatever has changed has been mentioned above in the posts. I wish you all the best in your domaining venture.

•••
•••
Oh yeah, everyone's using .xyz now by the way.

Not really.

They're flocking to "web3"...

Not really.

The only thing worth investing in is still the brand names of other companies.

Not really.

Ok the truth:

People are still just using decent .com names in the main and a sprinkle of good new gTLDs.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Parking is no longer viable. Resale is rare.

•••
Welcome back.

I guess you may have more nice domain names available for sale once you are back here.

•••
•••
•••
Parking is no longer viable. Resale is rare.
Do you recommend that we create/set up a one page "For Sale" sign on the main page of our domain name ?

Or any other recommendations that you feel can make extra bucks while the domain names are not sold yet ?

Thanks mate.

•••
•••
Welcome back. 10 years ago I thought about domaining, but saw that all the 3L were expensive and gone. Could get most 4L no probs, tons on expired domains. I decided not to invest.

Now 4L are all taken and priced from $100 upwards even for the worst combinations.

The only single word .coms left are weird medical terms (I bought chestiness .com and have just dropped it 😂).

Expired domains .net is still good.

There are also cheaper registrars. I am Australian and can even buy in aud so I don’t pay the fluctuating exchange rate that I was forced to pay in USD. And if you are not from the US, PayPal also accepts USD in a seperate wallet.

There are probably a lot more differences 😂

•••
Welcome back (:
I'm not from the old era to tell you what was changed.
Wish you success

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back