Dynadot

Back Domaining After 7 Year Hiatus - What's New? - adhern.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jacks86

Top Member
Impact
Hello Everyone!

Been a while since I've been back. Missed Domaining after being away for so many years. Last time the big trends were:

- CCCC - .COM, .NET, .ORG
- NNNNNN - .COM, .NET, .ORG
- GTLD's were just becoming popular
and a few other trends that I forgot about.

Obviously technology has changed and Blockchain, Crypto, 5G, Web3 seem to be where the demand is at. But one word .COM's are still the most popular from what I saw on high end sales this year.

Was wondering if there are any suggestions on what took look for (beyond what I mentioned) and any tips are greatly appreciated.

Just started buying again and I think I'm going to just stick to 1-2 word .COM domains for the most part.

So far what I've acquired below ( Good/Bad?)

All feedback welcomed! thank you!

adhern.com
ailssa.com
archivenodes.com
capitalfundraise.com
chokage.com
collateralmortgages.com
copht.com
cutlash.com
earwort.com
ehudd.com
hepza.com
howsour.com
jepum.com
lrida.com
overleverage.com
overleveraging.com
roybn.com
technologybankers.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@HotKey Appreciate you taking the time to reply and some of that I was looking for, the rest I have some questions.

Let me ask you this, if my domains are not good at all or "undesirable" lets say, then how can some of the domains I see on Namebio sell for what they do? Are those domain sales bogus? because when I see some selling for $1-5k and I have similar or better Domains, I have to question that.

The feedback on what's changed, I see where you're at with that and yes the crypto/web3 domains are new favourites. Many thanks for verifying that.

Listen, I'd love to hit it off and get a 5-6-7 figure payout on a Domain, as would everyone else on this site. That's pretty unrealistic unless it's a very good one word domain that was bought at a premium secondary market, or registered 10+ years ago. But from what I gather based on what you said, registering domains for resale are not worth it and don't even bother? Not being factitious, just want some definitives before continuing to rsearch and register domains.
I appreciate the way you took my reply as it was intended, which is a quality not seen too often anymore.

No, the sales are not bogus. Some of the purchase's though often call into question the rationality behind them, certainly. But I think it's impossible to say why when one believes they have similar or better stock, those sell and theirs don't. Probably a lot to do with discoverability, a luck of the draw someone landed on that precise version of a name. A seller could also be throwing their names out into the social sphere and it happens to resonate perfectly with the right buyer.

Personally I don't keep up enough with day to day reported sales to give you a better answer. My feedback was based on a cursory glance through your names, and for context also based on my investing preferences, which gravitate away from "elbow to elbow" type domains and more towards a stand-apart style that leaves me confident on the sellability of them. I average around just 5 names a year, mostly hand-regs.

My point on registering domains for resale was not that it's not worth it, but that it depends on one's naming prowess to make it so. Else, it becomes lost in the mire and really does just become luck of the draw.

•••
Honestly, out of your whole list I would choose none.

Nothing's changed in 7 years, demand might have slighted from what we're accustomed to but all the same domains should stand out or have potential and I'm not seeing it there.

And what do I mean by nothing's changed in 7 years? 7 years ago, I still would have chose none from your list.

So, how does this help? Well if you're going to stick with legacy and aren't adept at naming from reg then watch those expired names or aftermarket deals from investors. Elsewhere, single words in extensions that have longevity, crypto or new G, should be considered.

Handshake, Unstoppable and .eth domains are what has happened since you've been gone, crypto-wise.

LLLL's in dot-com still trade here, and 3L org and net though doesn't seem as lucrative outside a domainer to domainer arena.

Strong one or two word dot-coms remain desirable.

•••
I don’t know where @jhm suggested you pick up a lot of banking/mortgage/loan terms but I concur with hot key and wouldn’t own or register any of these.
Reg fee for all
You coulda sniped a nice 4 letter and saved pile of time

•••
Chokage maybe adult industry related. Maybe something in the "mortgages" domain, when it comes to CMO (a Collateralized Mortgage Obligation), whatever can be found in that. The "over leverage" domain sounds usable. I'm not in love with these, but take offers on them. Probably the best ones here, struggle with the rest. PS Welcome back

•••
Hello Jhm, thank you for the input! glad to be back!

That's the angle I was thinking. Stick with the financial domains this time around. Just up MortgageF.com ( could be short for Mortgage Finance) and also MortgageG.com in case. Remaining characters and numbers were already taken.

•••
@jhm I went with your suggestion and picked up a lot of banking/mortgage/loan terms, as well as some first names that are lesser known, lesser known fruits and also some short .com's.

General feedback would be appreciated from anyone reading this. If you had to choose the best domain from the list, which one would you say it is? (or top 3).

Many thanks!

8115.org
8515.org
8551.org
8663.org
8839.org
8997.org
9589.org
9792.org
acotas.com
adhern.com
administrationexpenses.com
ailssa.com
alyshea.com
amortizationperiod.com
archivenodes.com
azfal.com
blendedpayment.com
bridgefinancings.com
capitalfundraise.com
carmiya.com
castrello.com
chokage.com
cleavant.com
collateralmortgages.com
convertiblerates.com
copht.com
cutlash.com
earwort.com
ehudd.com
elizette.com
equityfinancings.com
existingmortgages.com
galiamelon.com
galiamelons.com
hepza.com
howsour.com
jepum.com
lawyersreports.com
leaseholdmortgage.com
lendingagreement.com
lendingagreements.com
lrida.com
mortgagef.com
mortgageg.com
mothbean.com
mousemelons.com
muskegs.com
operatingloan.com
overleverage.com
overleveraging.com
paymentfrequency.com
prewhip.com
prewhipped.com
roledescriptions.com
roybn.com
summersquashes.com
technologybankers.com

•••
Chokage.com = High $xx to Mid $xxx
The rest = Low $xx to High $xx ea.

•••
@HotKey Appreciate you taking the time to reply and some of that I was looking for, the rest I have some questions.

Let me ask you this, if my domains are not good at all or "undesirable" lets say, then how can some of the domains I see on Namebio sell for what they do? Are those domain sales bogus? because when I see some selling for $1-5k and I have similar or better Domains, I have to question that.

The feedback on what's changed, I see where you're at with that and yes the crypto/web3 domains are new favourites. Many thanks for verifying that.

Listen, I'd love to hit it off and get a 5-6-7 figure payout on a Domain, as would everyone else on this site. That's pretty unrealistic unless it's a very good one word domain that was bought at a premium secondary market, or registered 10+ years ago. But from what I gather based on what you said, registering domains for resale are not worth it and don't even bother? Not being factitious, just want some definitives before continuing to rsearch and register domains.

•••
Maybe some creativity required for the "mortgage f" and "mortgage g" domains, but it's a bit crippling. Not that nice, when it comes to branding. I would drop most of the domains in question IMO

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back